P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Well done,it looks very tasty.

Putting us all to shame ! Looks amazing :classic_biggrin:

Working from home today - only the 2nd day for us as we have been in otherwise. Not very good at not munching or feeling like I need endless coffees and / biscuits ;-) Pouring with rain here but not too concerned as the gardens needed it. Had a walk in the local park yesterday and the ground was like something you would see abroad in August ! All cracked and dry.

What worries us is that now we have had rain all of those lovely weeds and hedges will go mad and grow a foot in just 48 hours !!!!!!!! :classic_huh:

9 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Putting us all to shame ! Looks amazing :classic_biggrin:

Working from home today - only the 2nd day for us as we have been in otherwise. Not very good at not munching or feeling like I need endless coffees and / biscuits 😉 Pouring with rain here but not too concerned as the gardens needed it. Had a walk in the local park yesterday and the ground was like something you would see abroad in August ! All cracked and dry.

What worries us is that now we have had rain all of those lovely weeds and hedges will go mad and grow a foot in just 48 hours !!!!!!!! :classic_huh:

Paulines builder brother has totally renewed our house roof.

Today we finally got a skip and the three of us were on for almost 4 hours bringing all the old wood, plastic and old roof tiles from the back garden and filled the skip.

Our washer packed in this morning so Pauline ordered a new one online and we put our old washer out the front next to the skip for the rag and bone man to take away.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

Well I’m thoroughly depressed today

virgin have cancelled my Disney holiday. Not a big surprise as we could see it coming but it still stings. We will be between £1-£2k down as some things can’t be fully refunded and now I have two companies to wait for just over £7k Back. 

hubby was told he was furloughed today for three week. We suspected this but god knows what’s going to happen after three weeks and I’m one of the last left in my building everyone else is working from home. 

upside is that we won’t have to send the kids to school next week. 

the cake looks nice. I did make gingerbread men with my youngest other day. They were gone before photos could be taken. 

3 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

virgin have cancelled my Disney holiday. Not a big surprise as we could see it coming but it still stings. We will be between £1-£2k down as some things can’t be fully refunded and now I have two companies to wait for just over £7k Back. 

hubby was told he was furloughed today for three week. We suspected this but god knows what’s going to happen after three weeks and I’m one of the last left in my building everyone else is working from home. 

the cake looks nice. I did make gingerbread men with my youngest other day. They were gone before photos could be taken. 

Wow that's a lot to loose. Could you not claim on insurance or CC?

6 hours ago, daiB said:

bfb8b93d549af7357e72623804f35d2e.jpg

Well I have been baking. An All Bran loaf.

Tea time sorted

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lovely Dai.

I've stopped baking. I used the last of my eggs to make omelettes. The trouble is there are only two of us and we were eating it all. It didn't help much though I made biscuits instead!

27 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

You are entitled to be peeved. That’s a lot to lose.

21 minutes ago, happy v said:

Wow that's a lot to loose. Could you not claim on insurance or CC?

unfortunately not

I made a decision last year to upgrade my Disney ticket to an annual pass. 
doing that over the two trips was going to save me anywhere between £300-£500 so it was supposed to be a good deal. We used it in June last year and would use it again this May. 
thought we were smart and quids in

obviously all this happened

we can ask for a partial refund but we have no idea what that’s going to be like and I suspect it will be dependent on exchange rate too. 

£120 for annual insurance that’s no doubt not going to get used and then between £800-£1800 roughly for the tickets. All depends on what a refund might be. 

sucks 

but as long as we have each other, my hubby and kids, then this is all just a bit of money. It’s just one of those things and I know when I’m done having a pity party then I will see all the reasonable side. 

can I just fast forward a year till this is all somewhat sorted and I can go back to my beloved holiday itineraries 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, brian1 said:

My OH has made 2 banana cakes so far.The first one she added pears and because they are plentiful here,crushed walnuts.The pears made it extra moist,yummy.

Surely that's no longer a banana cake then? 😊

Hope you are keeping well Brian. 

Andy 

19 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Surely that's no longer a banana cake then? 😊

Hope you are keeping well Brian. 

Andy 

No,banana,pear and walnut,good combo.We are ok,our lockdown ends on the 4th,but still plenty of restrictions.You and yours keep well too,cheers,Brian.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 6:12 PM, Adawn47 said:

I've been getting a little frustrated over the last few days. I've  just been looking through the threads and it's all been a little depressing. Nothing at all to lighten the mood. So I'll leave for a while before my usual optimistic side disappears into the sunset 🌞 never to be seen again. Everyone keep well and stay safe.

Avril 

This might cheer you up Avril.A farmer at the back of us keeps chickens and tends to his orchard.For the past few years he has been leaving pups there,feeding them once a day and letting them run around and eventually getting run over.Last week there was one running around in the rain like a drowned rat.I decided to dogknap her and brought her home.This bloke came round,it turns out his name is Octavia,I thought, bloody hell,I've started a row with one of Caesar's relo's.I was going to ask is it true that all Romans have "short swords",but that might have been confused in translation.Bottom line was that our neighbours who have dogs,persuaded him to let us keep her.We can't keep her I'm afraid but contacted a volunteer who we met when we brought home a kitten 2 years ago,that's another saga,lol.She had her jabs done and has found a family in Milan to keep her.We are fostering for another 2 weeks.It will be sad to let her go,but a better outcome for her.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, brian1 said:

This might cheer you up Avril.A farmer at the back of us keeps chickens and tends to his orchard.For the past few years he has been leaving pups there,feeding them once a day and letting them run around and eventually getting run over.Last week there was one running around in the rain like a drowned rat.I decided to dogknap her and brought her home.This bloke came round,it turns out his name is Octavia,I thought, bloody hell,I've started a row with one of Caesar's relo's.I was going to ask is it true that all Romans have "short swords",but that might have been confused in translation.Bottom line was that our neighbours who have dogs,persuaded him to let us keep her.We can't keep her I'm afraid but contacted a volunteer who we met when we brought home a kitten 2 years ago,that's another saga,lol.She had her jabs done and has found a family in Milan to keep her.We are fostering for another 2 weeks.It will be sad to let her go,but a better outcome for her.Cheers,Brian.

Beautiful puppy Brian and thanks for the story, it certainly put a smile on my face today. I've been reading the occasional threads, a couple on here and kalos's cringe - worthy jokes in the pub. It's been an odd day for us today. Got up and opened my birthday cards and then at 10.30 we watched Frank's brother's funeral service online. It was so surreal. 

I hadn't noticed any posts from you recently and wondered if all was well. I'm glad they, are and enjoy your Banana? Pear? Loaf😊

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Beautiful puppy Brian and thanks for the story, it certainly put a smile on my face today. I've been reading the occasional threads, a couple on here and kalos's cringe - worthy jokes in the pub. It's been an odd day for us today. Got up and opened my birthday cards and then at 10.30 we watched Frank's brother's funeral service online. It was so surreal. 

I hadn't noticed any posts from you recently and wondered if all was well. I'm glad they, are and enjoy your Banana? Pear? Loaf😊

Avril 

Welcome back. Is the pub closed?😁

Happy lockdown birthday Avril 🎂

A good neighbour had his 70th on Monday - all very strange, though we did manage to join others in a socially-distanced Happy Birthday singing 🎶 

On-line funerals?  Oh 🙁 virtual ((hugs)) to you both

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Happy lockdown birthday Avril 🎂

A good neighbour had his 70th on Monday - all very strange, though we did manage to join others in a socially-distanced Happy Birthday singing 🎶 

On-line funerals?  Oh 🙁 virtual ((hugs)) to you both

It's done by the funeral director via an email link so you can watch live if you can't attend.. Most odd but better than nothing I suppose. Certainly never want to do that again.

Avril 

Happy lockdown birthday Avril, sorry you had to spend it watching a funeral. Virtual hug for you.

I’ve had a small piece of good news. I’ve been in my new job for just over 6 months now and had a call from my manager yesterday to tell me I had passed my probation period and was now permanent staff so I’m pleased with that.

On the work front (admin for NHS) I had a retired GP on the phone being a little bit entitled and seemed amazed our clinics fitting blood pressure monitors were closed! I think he thought being a retired GP I could somehow magic him an appointment! Funnily enough ‘normal’ people are being very understanding and nice (so far!) It’s going to manic when we’re up and running again!

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Sorry Vampiress I hope you get your refund soon. My cancelled cruise I’m waiting for the refund is only a two day one so not too much money. I’m still gutted we won’t be going on a lovely cruise for my hubby’s special birthday in October but we have to be glad we’re well at the moment. Still human to be upset though.

8 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Happy lockdown birthday Avril, sorry you had to spend it watching a funeral. Virtual hug for you.

I’ve had a small piece of good news. I’ve been in my new job for just over 6 months now and had a call from my manager yesterday to tell me I had passed my probation period and was now permanent staff so I’m pleased with that.

On the work front (admin for NHS) I had a retired GP on the phone being a little bit entitled and seemed amazed our clinics fitting blood pressure monitors were closed! I think he thought being a retired GP I could somehow magic him an appointment! Funnily enough ‘normal’ people are being very understanding and nice (so far!) It’s going to manic when we’re up and running again!

Thank you Sue. I've certainly never had a birthday like it.

Congratulations on your new job.

I don't understand why a doctor can't buy his own blood pressure monitor and check his own. That's what I have to do. It works nearly the same as wearing one for 24- 48 hours. I just take it at different times during the day and keep a note of the readings until the the doctor rings me.

Avril 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank you Sue. I've certainly never had a birthday like it.

Congratulations on your new job.

I don't understand why a doctor can't buy his own blood pressure monitor and check his own. That's what I have to do. It works nearly the same as wearing one for 24- 48 hours. I just take it at different times during the day and keep a note of the readings until the the doctor rings me.

Avril 

Thank you 😊

Re the doctor, that’s what my manager said when I told her!

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Great news, congratulations!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

Happy birthday Avril.It was mainly a banana loaf.Andy was just being a bit peardantic.

• Haha 1