P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

I'm sure that Celebrity have adjusted their pricing to take into account the drinks package, no tips,  free wifi etc. What it may do, is attract those passengers that in the past would have avoided Celebrity because of the high cost of these items,  plus the fx rate. Knowing that the price you see for the cruise is the actual price you will pay  with regards to drinks and tips ( with the obvious exception of speciality meals etc)  is a major benefit. 

Whether that price is worth it, is obviously down to the individual.

Also the included drinks will only be bottom self items on a limited list.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wowzz said:

That will do me ! I'm a quantity over quality type of chap!

I am just  the apposite, each to their own, I much prefer the system were you selected and paid for just the items that you wanted.

It obviously depends on how much you like to drink wether or not it is worth the premium price, but it seems it will no longer be an option anyway, has on Azamara.

Edited by Bloodaxe

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

That will do me ! I'm a quantity over quality type of chap!

Don't worry, many drinks are standard. If you want premium, you can upgrade from classic to premium for about £7pd. We upgrade, not so much for the booze, but it's nice to have premium bottled water, juice etc. Oh and a Bailey's after dinner and a brandy, better cocktails and......... actually 🍹

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

Don't worry, many drinks are standard. If you want premium, you can upgrade from classic to premium for about £7pd. We upgrade, not so much for the booze, but it's nice to have premium bottled water, juice etc. Oh and a Bailey's after dinner and a brandy, better cocktails and......... actually 🍹

We have had a basic drinks package on Celebrity, and we enjoy the loyalty free drinks on Royal Caribbean, and have been highly satisfied with the quality of both. The available wines were very acceptable, most cocktails were included  and I always add some fizzy drink to any spirits I drink, so there's not much point paying a premium for just a label name, equally I am not a single malt fan.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Have had a look and the mark up now from the normal price to a premium upgrade which gives you premium drinks and $200 towards excursions (well  I think it was $s) was 25 3s or $s each per day - I worked it out that it was another 700 £ or $s on a cruise we liked.

We upgraded to the premium package once and it really wasn't worth it for us. Would never bother again

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Have had a look and the mark up now from the normal price to a premium upgrade which gives you premium drinks and $200 towards excursions (well  I think it was $s) was 25 3s or $s each per day - I worked it out that it was another 700 £ or $s on a cruise we liked.

We upgraded to the premium package once and it really wasn't worth it for us. Would never bother again

For us, upgrading to premium is a bit marginal £100 for a 7 night cruise for 2 people, just easier not having to do the sums every time.

• Like 1

Well the PM is late yet again. 3pm briefing, now 3.20 Is that man never on time.

I listened to the EU delegates and what they said in English was just slightly different from what was said in French. We seem to have lost a lot eg Erasmus, security, fish, farming has added beurocracy etc

I’ll be interested to hear what the PM says by comparison.

Edited by Eglesbrech
Typo & addition

29 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Well the PM is late yet again. 3pm briefing, now 3.20 Is that man never on time.

I listened to the EU delegates and what they said in English was just slightly different from what was said in French. We seem to have lost a lot eg Erasmus, security, fish, farming has added beurocracy etc

I’ll be interested to hear what the PM says by comparison.

But we've got back our "sovereignty", which is obviously worth so much more than anything you mentioned 😁

(Removes tongue from cheek)

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Under the agreements reached thus far, farmers will not be allowed to export seed potatoes to Northern Ireland! There's sovereignty for you! Farmers can not send their produce from one part of the UK to another! The ban on these exports relates to the EU, allegedly, because the EU can not be sure that UK farmers will not produce goods to the same standards that apply today. And of course, with Northern Ireland being in the EU/Not in the EU, farmers will be able to sell/Not be able to sell into Northern Ireland. You couldn't make it up!

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Under the agreements reached thus far, farmers will not be allowed to export seed potatoes to Northern Ireland! There's sovereignty for you! Farmers can not send their produce from one part of the UK to another! The ban on these exports relates to the EU, allegedly, because the EU can not be sure that UK farmers will not produce goods to the same standards that apply today. And of course, with Northern Ireland being in the EU/Not in the EU, farmers will be able to sell/Not be able to sell into Northern Ireland. You couldn't make it up!

You seem to be clutching at some very weak straws there wowzz, if that is the worst problem that we will encounter, then I hardly think it will cause many sleepless nights.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

We can't say we didn't know it was coming. It will take the heat of corona for a while.

Just now, terrierjohn said:

You seem to be clutching at some very weak straws there wowzz, if that is the worst problem that we will encounter, then I hardly think it will cause many sleepless nights.

Probably true.

Just glad we have got a deal of some kind. The thought of what a "no deal" would have done to the UK economy is just too awful to imagine.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

People always have and always will pick out the bits that suit their political bias or their opinion or just to show how trivial rules can be, most of us are good at it. Where the hell is Harry when you need him😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

It will for the seed farmers here in Scotland who are the biggest exporters to Europe. Ironically most of the major seed potato exporters are based in the very few Tory constituencies up here. 

Most exports are friction free which is to be welcomed but a shame for the industries left behind.

I don’t think the fishermen will be happy given the hyperbole in 2016. 5 and 3/4 years is a long time to wait for them.

It is what it is so we will just have to live with the results.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

don’t think the fishermen will be happy given the hyperbole in 2016. 5 and 3/4 years is a long time to wait for them.

Mind you, under a no deal Brexit, all the fish that the UK currently sell to the EU would have been subject to tariffs, so the UK fishermen have lost a major part of their customer base, and been  worse off than under the new proposed deal.

Edited by wowzz

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Mind you, under a no deal Brexit, all the fish that the UK currently sell to the EU would have been subject to tariffs, so the UK fishermen have lost a major part of their customer base, and been  worse off than under the new proposed deal.

True but it is not what they were promised.

Scotland voted against Brexit in every single area, the only places with slightly more votes for it were fishing communities based on these promises. So they will not be happy.

2 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

True but it is not what they were promised.

Scotland voted against Brexit in every single area, the only places with slightly more (but no majority) votes for it were fishing communities based on these promises. So they will not be happy.

Edited by Eglesbrech
Added no majority

26 minutes ago, wowzz said:

We are now free to sell to the rest of the world without having to concern ourselves on what EU producers think. I have great confidence that UK manufacturers will grasp the opportunity. The UK have now done 58 free trade deals. Manufacturing to the destination countries standards is routine anyway. If you sell something to USA you have always been required to declare conformity to ASTM standards , in EU to EN's industry is quite good at this stuff. The coming years will tell.

All I can say is thank goodness for that!  Just hope we don't do a trade deal with the USA on food.  Don't want their contaminated food over here, full of hormones and antibiotics.  Can't quite see why we need to import their chicken anyway.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

All I can say is thank goodness for that!  Just hope we don't do a trade deal with the USA on food.  Don't want their contaminated food over here, full of hormones and antibiotics.  Can't quite see why we need to import their chicken anyway.

It puts hairs on your chest.That's what my Dad used to say about good grub,lol.

Ok so we voted to leave but have been hoping that there could be some sort of a trade deal.  I haven't looked at all of the details (was watching Gordan, Gino and Fred) but from what I have read it could have been worse and at least there is a deal. 

Anyway, off to watch Morecombe and Wise with Andre Previn .... classic ..... all the right notes .....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Agree with you on that Jean. Hopefully, as we still have a more or less free trade agreement with the largest trading block in the world, there will be less need for us to prostrate ourselves before Biden in order to get a trade deal with the US.

• Like 4