P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

27 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Another lovely sunny day here in West Yorkshire, I have spent most of the day sat out reading, pottering in the garden, I even washed the car which isn't one of my favourite jobs these days. A real sense of spring in the air, watching the birds collecting materials for their nests, even the pesky midges and greenfly have come out to play. I am looking forward to seeing my daughter and family tomorrow, not seen them since before Christmas.

Have a fab weekend with your family Phil and Mrs Phil. Enjoy your time with them. Jane.x

It will be a sad day tomorrow for everyone with Prince Philips funeral.

It will be doubly sad for us as tomorrow would be Pauline's late mam's 99th birthday.

It is now 2 and a half years since she sadly died with vascular dementia.

Graham.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

I am joining the exodus to Wales tomorrow to receive the keys to our shiny new caravan, put all the pots and pans etc in it and spend a couple of night there. It came as a bit of a shock to learn that the bar with seating outside will be closed because lockdown of hospitality is being eased more slowly than in England. I wonder how many others did not realise that when they headed to the border this week. 🤔

I hope you have a wonderful time in your new caravan. The rural economy needs visitors! It was just a huge shock today to see so many people around, we’ve become conditioned to empty streets and quiet shops! And I have to admit that for the very first time since the initial lockdown, I felt a bit of anxiety. Cases have been so low in this area that you can’t help wonder whether the influx of visitors from across the border and other parts of Wales will have an impact. I really hope not and I sincerely wish you many happy years in your new caravan. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

I am joining the exodus to Wales tomorrow to receive the keys to our shiny new caravan, put all the pots and pans etc in it and spend a couple of night there. It came as a bit of a shock to learn that the bar with seating outside will be closed because lockdown of hospitality is being eased more slowly than in England. I wonder how many others did not realise that when they headed to the border this week. 🤔

Have a fantastic time in your new park home , how excited you must be I know I would be buying and choosing different things for your new home “but expensive “ have a lovely time 🔑

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Just to clarify, the last women who actually got their state  pension at age 60 were born on 5th April 1950. your wife’s friends would have to be about 5 years older than her if they got their SP at 60. 

Under the terms of the 1995 Pension Act,  the State Pension Age for women gradually stated to rise, with equality to be reached at age 65 in 2020

However, since then, there were the 2007 and 2011 Acts, which increased the SPA to 66 and speeded up the equality timetable. It is quite complicated, but was fully reported in the media. 

Yeah,but I love a whinge.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Me too Brian. I've been whingeing since the bloody law was changed. Knowing about it hasn't made the last six years any easier! Jane.x

Cheers for the support and I've just found out how to spell whinge,lol.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

It will be a sad day tomorrow for everyone with Prince Philips funeral.

It will be doubly sad for us as tomorrow would be Pauline's late mam's 99th birthday.

It is now 2 and a half years since she sadly died with vascular dementia.

Graham.

Ah that's sad Graham. I lost my mum to vascular dementia two years ago. She was 90 - a youngster. It's such a dreadful disease - it takes your loved ones away by stealth doesn't it? Please give my best wishes to Pauline on what will be a sad day for you both. I do hope Prince Philip's funeral allows him the dignity he deserves and the media don't make it all about William and Harry. Jane.x

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Ah that's sad Graham. I lost my mum to vascular dementia two years ago. She was 90 - a youngster. It's such a dreadful disease - it takes your loved ones away by stealth doesn't it? Please give my best wishes to Pauline on what will be a sad day for you both. I do hope Prince Philip's funeral allows him the dignity he deserves and the media don't make it all about William and Harry. Jane.x

Thanks Jane and I'm sorry to hear your dear mam passed away with the same disease.

I agree with you regarding Prince Philips funeral and hope the media show Prince Philip the respect he deserves and let Harry keep a low profile.

Graham x.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

I bet you're really excited and quite right too. Have great weekend in your shiny new sometimes- home. Jane.x

Thanks for your kind words. We are excited, maybe more so than on the day before a cruise holiday. I hope it never wears off. I like the phrase ‘sometimes-home’ 🙂

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Thanks for your kind words. We are excited, maybe more so than on the day before a cruise holiday. I hope it never wears off. I like the phrase ‘sometimes-home’ 🙂

Best wishes Pete and hope you have many happy holidays in your new holiday home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

I hope you have a wonderful time in your new caravan. The rural economy needs visitors! It was just a huge shock today to see so many people around, we’ve become conditioned to empty streets and quiet shops! And I have to admit that for the very first time since the initial lockdown, I felt a bit of anxiety. Cases have been so low in this area that you can’t help wonder whether the influx of visitors from across the border and other parts of Wales will have an impact. I really hope not and I sincerely wish you many happy years in your new caravan. 

Thanks for your kind words Ardennais. From what you say, I am glad that Llandulas seems pretty quiet, presumably quieter than nearby Colwyn Bay and Llandudno. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Have a fantastic time in your new park home , how excited you must be I know I would be buying and choosing different things for your new home “but expensive “ have a lovely time 🔑

Thanks Purdey. Stocking our new ‘sometimes home’ is indeed an extra expense, but worth it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pete14 said:

Close friends of ours are off to Pembrokeshire very soon as well.  Going with one their sons family.  Their grandchild is autistic and everyone needs a break.  Hopefully all will go well for all of them. 🤞

• Like 4

Good morning :classic_biggrin: on this -2.c sunny morning that will rise to 13./14.c today.

My thoughts go out to the royal family who prepare for the funeral of Philip and also to

Graham and Jane who will be remembering their loved ones as well, my thoughts are with you.

As Philip would say life has to go on ,so onwards we go ... :classic_smile:

I hope Pete enjoys his new "sometime home" nice name that isn't it and does realise how 

very addictive a caravan can be ,especially when it's yours. If you thought cruising was addictive get ready :classic_unsure: The most common phrase used in our house was " Can we go to the van ?"

Remember those hot summer stuffy nights when you cannot sleep .. " Can we go to the van ?"

Even our dog we had back then got used to that phrase and would go mental at the mention 

of it . Happy days lay ahead as you meet new friends and possibly sit chatting to Presto about 

past cruises and the current price of propane bottles ...Enjoy 

A quick look at the papers this morning and I hope the ducks in stoke are keeping well, which 

compared to the ducks in the Northwest  :classic_ohmy:....

deadduck.jpg.45848704208e258fb20f933c12103694.jpg

I notice that the British justice system is now starting to get tougher and not to be messed with :classic_unsure:

imageshomeless.jpg.8c51485c197df96cee7db349bb3201ba.jpg

At least the weather is picking up and the construction companies can

crack on with their work .

When it comes to building bridges at least the Government is giving

straight honest answers :classic_wacko:

imagesbridge.jpg.289702dab228fb6e24d88631fc3a1725.jpg 

greeting-have-nice-day-template-with-flower_10375-13.jpg.1d465ea5f937d69b417cac88bc8a309b.jpg

Edited by kalos
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, kalos said:
  • kalos
  •  
  • 4,767 posts
  • August 13, 2011
  • South Yorkshire/ Freedom part 2

Good morning :classic_biggrin: on this -2.c sunny morning that will rise to 13./14.c today.

My thoughts go out to the royal family who prepare for the funeral of Philip and also to

Graham and Jane who will be remembering their loved ones as well, my thoughts are with you.

I hope Pete enjoys his new "sometime home" nice name that isn't it and does realise how 

very addictive a caravan can be ,especially when it's yours. If you thought cruising was addictive get ready :classic_unsure: The most common phrase used in our house was " Can we go to the van ?"

Remember those hot summer stuffy nights when you cannot sleep .. " Can we go to the van ?"

Even our dog we had back then got used to that phrase and would go mental at the mention 

of it . Happy days lay ahead as you meet new friends and possibly sit chatting to Presto about 

A quick look at the papers this morning and I hope the ducks in stoke are keeping well, which 

I notice that the British justice system is now starting to get tougher and not to be messed with :classic_unsure:

greeting-have-nice-day-template-with-flower_10375-13.jpg.1d465ea5f937d69b417cac88bc8a309b.jpg

Edited 2 minutes ago by kalos

Your morning posts are so good. I can relate to everything you say about going to your van. When we’re getting the”right” bags out and packed our dogs used to go mad and sit by the door so we wouldn’t leave without them. 
My thoughts are with you today Graham & Pauline, I am sure you will have very many happy memories. I will be watching the funeral later as will many of us. He was a loyal and supportive husband for our Queen

Michelle

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kalos said:
  • kalos
  •  
  • 4,767 posts
  • August 13, 2011
  • South Yorkshire/ Freedom part 2

Edited 2 minutes ago by kalos

Thank you Kalos for the best post I read every morning.

Today is Pauline's late mam's 99th birthday and shortly we will be going to Ryhope cemetery to put flowers on her gran and grandpa's grave and also on her baby brothers grave who died aged 2 months 62 years ago.

Later we will be watching Prince Philips funeral with sadness for our wonderful Queen.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Your morning posts are so good. I can relate to everything you say about going to your van. When we’re getting the”right” bags out and packed our dogs used to go mad and sit by the door so we wouldn’t leave without them. 
My thoughts are with you today Graham & Pauline, I am sure you will have very many happy memories. I will be watching the funeral later as will many of us. He was a loyal and supportive husband for our Queen

Michelle

Thank you Michelle.

It is Pauline's late mam's 99th birthday today.

On Thursday it will be my late mam's 91st birthday.

Graham.

29 minutes ago, kalos said:

Thanks Kalos. Featuring in your daily bulletin seems like being mentioned in dispatches. I hope the sun shines on everybody today on what is a sad day for the nation. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Kalos for the best post I read every morning.

Today is Pauline's late mam's 99th birthday and shortly we will be going to Ryhope cemetery to put flowers on her gran and grandpa's grave and also on her baby brothers grave who died aged 2 months 62 years ago.

Later we will be watching Prince Philips funeral with sadness for our wonderful Queen.

A sad day for you and Pauline.....

A sad day for the Queen too - I think it’ll be rather emotional watching that service.

Gill

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Clear blue sky here, no wind and 6 degrees after overnight frost. It's a tele sport fest day today for me, football, F1 and Hampshire cricket online. I will watch the ceremony part of the Prince Philip funeral but not the build up or post analysis.

We had a lovely pub garden meal yesterday with the family, our first meal away from home since October. The garden was full and they were turning away people who had not booked in advance, those that are open are really benefiting from the nice weather which looks to continue for the next week or more. Several local pubs have invested in turning their outside space to creative hospitality areas and have as many outdoor tables as they do have inside. I hope that people eat out more in the future to support their local hospitality venues. However I don't agree with some having environmentally unfriendly patio heating though, just go appropriately dressed and take a blanket!!

• Like 2