P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 minutes ago, brian1 said:

especially as couple of non malignant melonomas have popped up in the last few years.

You do need to be careful. I had two basal carcinomas removed from my face in seperate operations in the last three years, both caused by our 10 years or so living in Spain.  I never sun bathed,  tried to use sun cream etc, but the constant sun takes its toll.

• Like 2

Good morning, another chilly morning but sunny and hopefully another day with  a couple of hours on the patio, with high factor on of course. As already been mention, royals will now be in civvies, all because Harry boy can't wear a uniform. Words fail me, the Duke would be so upset and what the Queen is thinking one can only imagine. Families.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Good morning, another chilly morning but sunny and hopefully another day with  a couple of hours on the patio, with high factor on of course. As already been mention, royals will now be in civvies, all because Harry boy can't wear a uniform. Words fail me, the Duke would be so upset and what the Queen is thinking one can only imagine. Families.

And Andrew's position was also "difficult".

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, wowzz said:

He could still have worn a Vice Admirals uniform so not so  "difficult" as Harry's position, who could easily had bitten the bullet and worn civvies without fuss as any officer and gentleman would have done. He is no gentleman.

Edited by bobstheboy
Typo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

As you will know, this is the last in the Thomas Cromwell trilogy - the previous two are fantastic as well. Being a mean "so and so" I'm waiting for the one you are reading to come up on offer on Kindle.

I read the previous two as well Wowzz. I really enjoyed them - and this final one is just as good. It's a topic that interests me and I like the way Hilary Mantel writes. If you only like Kindle reading you will have to wait but if you also read hard copy books I'll send this to you when I've finished it. It will only go to the charity shop otherwise because it's not a book I will read twice. Let me know and I’ll give you my email for your details. Jane.x

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

He could still have worn a Vice Admirals uniform so not so  "difficult" as Harry's position, who could easily had bitten the bullet and worn civvies without fuss as any officer and gentleman would have done. He is no gentleman.

I personally think Andrew would be heavily criticised if he went to the funeral dressed in any kind of uniform. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I read the previous two as well Wowzz. I really enjoyed them - and this final one is just as good. It's a topic that interests me and I like the way Hilary Mantel writes. If you only like Kindle reading you will have to wait but if you also read hard copy books I'll send this to you when I've finished it. It will only go to the charity shop otherwise because it's not a book I will read twice. Let me know and I’ll give you my email for your details. Jane.x

Jane,  that is really sweet of you, but I think the p&p will cost more than the Amazon price! It's just me being a tight git. 

I'd rather you gave it to charity, to help someone more deserving than me!

Thanks again for  a kind gesture.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Both positions of their own making. I'm honestly annoyed that because of those two 'individuals,' a man who had a distinguished naval career and served his country and his Queen for nearly 80 years, cannot be afforded the honour and dignity of the funeral he has earned. Who cares if Harry and Andrew will be embarressed, they made their bed, and Prince Philip's final journey should reflect his life, not theirs.

That's only my personal opinion. Sorry if I offended anyone, it was unintentioal.

Avril

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Both positions of their own making. I'm honestly annoyed that because of those two 'individuals,' a man who had a distinguished naval career and served his country and his Queen for nearly 80 years, cannot be afforded the honour and dignity of the funeral he has earned. Who cares if Harry and Andrew will be embarressed, they made their bed, and Prince Philip's final journey should reflect his life, not theirs.

That's only my personal opinion. Sorry if I offended anyone, it was unintentioal.

Avril

I agree with you Avril.

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I think them wearing suits is absolutely fine.  Can't see a problem.  The Duke wanted no fuss, so that is what he will get.

I don't think the option to wear one's military uniform to a funeral is fuss, after all he was a naval officer, and as you say a suit is also fine. The only reason any fuss has arisen at all is because two people might be embarressed, but to ban the wearing of uniforms for that precise reason is not right.

Avril

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I think them wearing suits is absolutely fine.  Can't see a problem.  The Duke wanted no fuss, so that is what he will get.

I wonder what uniform prince Edward would wear🤔

2 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

My Mum had a malignant melanoma removed about 10 years ago.  Luckily caught in time, she's still here today.  Mum was a sun worshipper in her younger days, but always kept out of the sun from about 11:00 to 14:00.  Unless she was playing tennis.

Pleased to hear your mam survived a malignant melanoma and is still here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I absolutely agree Avril.

Graham.

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I think Prince Andrews controversy would have been a factor too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Yes and as somebody else said, Prince Edward has no uniform either.

Oh I'm wrong, he did 3 years in the Marines.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I think the suit decision is to make the day about Philip and not spotlight Harry and 

Andy which lets be right our gutter press would have had a field day with them.

As others have said a pity he could not have had the full military send off he deserved .

Having said all that covid has cut back what can and cannot go ahead anyway.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

It is nice people like you Jane that makes our P&O threads rewarding to participate in.

Graham x.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes and as somebody else said, Prince Edward has no uniform either.

Oh I'm wrong, he did 3 years in the Marines.

If he can wear that uniform from his service before the really useful company, why can't Andrew and Harry, who both fought bravely for their country in the Falklands and Afghanistan.?

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

I think the suit decision is to make the day about Philip and not spotlight Harry and 

Andy which lets be right our gutter press would have had a field day with them.

As others have said a pity he could not have had the full military send off he deserved .

Having said all that covid has cut back what can and cannot go ahead anyway.

+1.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We are having lunch overlooking Lake Windermere at the Laura Ashley Bellsfield hotel.

I drove past Lake Ullswater and over the Kirkstone pass.

Graham.

Great pictures and what lovely weather for a day out.

Alternating showers & sunshine down here.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

You do need to be careful. I had two basal carcinomas removed from my face in seperate operations in the last three years, both caused by our 10 years or so living in Spain.  I never sun bathed,  tried to use sun cream etc, but the constant sun takes its toll.

Cheers,I remember you posting that a while ago.I think her BCC's stemmed from 2 bad sunburn incidents when she was a teenager but as you say she has to be careful.She does use total block.A summer of high 30s doesn't help.I am probably silly and don't protect enough but I've got a bit of a gypsy complexion.I use high factor on the beach but only my face,will take more care in future,Brian.