P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

It’s a lovely day here.  We’ve been out for a long walk in the sun.  Nearly 2 hours.  We’ve restored ourselves with a cuppa and a slice of cinnamon toast, pup is 💤 ing.  Our fortnightly group walks resume tomorrow.  It will be lovely to meet up again and chat as we walk.

My daughter is getting her first jab today.  There’s a way to make you feel old, when your child qualifies on age grounds!  I was a child bride, of course 😄.  My second jab on Friday.  I must say the NHS are doing really well on the vaccinations.  I guess they will need to stay slick, if we’re all going to need regular boosters.

Enjoy your day everyone, and your 🍷 if you’re going to have some.  We might, we’re having turkey stroganoff for supper - I’m sure there’s something which would go well 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Sorry Sarah - no offence meant.  I think Wowzz and I were just reminiscing.  I had nothing against Black Tower in it's day, and drank gallons of it, but I progressed to much drier wines as I got older - rocket fuel!   Now, I don't drink alcohol at all.  It started to disagree with me to the point where even a glass would give me a humungous migraine.  Not worth it these days.  Jane.x

No offence taken 😁
My husband only drinks dry white, reds trigger his migraines. Sancerre is his wine of choice but it’s way too dry for me. Unfortunately our son in law likes it to Hubble has to share it or hide it when he’s round. It gets hidden more than it gets shared 😂 

• Like 2

Some dark clouds and a little rain here now, but a beautiful morning.

Well we bit the bullet and have moved our October 2021 cruise to Ap;ril 2022 and I'm feeling very relieved.  The balance would have been due in July, together with buying travel insurance and what with the restrictions on board and not knowing whether it would be the same as we booked, we moved it.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Morning everyone.

4°C with a high of 9°C today.

It was frosty first thing but bright sunshine now.

I rarely drink alcohol now especially with no cruising.

I used to always drink beer but in the last few years before covid19 I would share a bottle of Prosecco or Marlborough New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc with Pauline if we went out for a meal.

We are both working from home today.

Take care everyone Andy too if you are reading.

I am a fan of the Marlborough wine too, like Wolf Blass as well. My son told us to try 19 Crimes and Jam Shed(I think that’s what it’s called) as well, both nice. 
Just had my haircut, I feel almost human again

Take care everyone 

Michelle

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Well we bit the bullet and have moved our October 2021 cruise to Ap;ril 2022 and I'm feeling very relieved.  The balance would have been due in July, together with buying travel insurance and what with the restrictions on board and not knowing whether it would be the same as we booked, we moved it.

One less thing to worry about for you and something to look forward to :classic_smile:

• Like 1

I know exactly what you mean. It's such a relief not to have to think about it for a while 

• Like 4

I am sure you will feel less stressed not thinking will it won’t it sail in October. You have something to look forward to next year now. 
I have just booked Caribbean end Feb 22 on Britannia

Michelle

• Like 3

We are really pleased we made the decision.  My lovely TA sorted it all out and even gave us a discount!  He says he is inundated with Bookings for P&O's new cruises.  I am pleased for him.  They have had a terrible year.

That’s good news for P & O, I can’t wait to get back on board, I last sailed Aug 2019

Michelle

On 4/12/2021 at 12:42 PM, Josy1953 said:

I can only speak of my hairdresser but everyone is wearing masks and there is a large notice on the door stating that anyone refusing to wear a mask will be asked to leave.  A council inspector came in to check that the salon is covid safe while I was there. She did say that they would be making spot checks for the foreseeable future.  I don't know whether this is a Stoke Council initiative or nationwide. 

Being done here in Shropshire as well, a number have been caught out over the last few months for unsafe practices, the local council have issued warnings that they will be doing unannounced spots checks on businesses to ensure rules are being followed. 

However my barber never wears a mask...... my wife now cuts my hair, not the barber down the road who I stopped going to last January, I was looking for a new one when the virus struck. 

Had a wonderful day in Wales yesterday opening up our caravan. The weather was stunning with blue skies. (It was freezing cold though but we won't mention that!)

Had a senior moment today though ------- saw Harry ..... no, not our Harry on here but the flying one. Harry the Heron heading off to my local park again. Sleepless nights and sling shot practice here I come. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

We're booked to go on Ventura's roundtrip TA in February.  The new launch has exactly the same cruise for March 23.  I thought about cancelling Feb & transferring to Mar 23, but the price was about £300pp more expensive, although oddly enough the Select fare worked out better for us than Early Saver.  Not fussed about dining choices for this one.

4 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

We're booked to go on Ventura's roundtrip TA in February.  The new launch has exactly the same cruise for March 23.  I thought about cancelling Feb & transferring to Mar 23, but the price was about £300pp more expensive, although oddly enough the Select fare worked out better for us than Early Saver.  Not fussed about dining choices for this one.

We found that Select worked out better than Early saver on our 2022 Caribbean/USA round trip, with the various 5% discounts and OBC.

21 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Had a wonderful day in Wales yesterday opening up our caravan. The weather was stunning with blue skies. (It was freezing cold though but we won't mention that!)

Had a senior moment today though ------- saw Harry ..... no, not our Harry on here but the flying one. Harry the Heron heading off to my local park again. Sleepless nights and sling shot practice here I come. 🙂

Presto - Interestingly, we were in Wales yesterday and came away proud and pleased owners of a static caravan on a site you are familiar with. I tried to suggest you should get rewarded for recommending the site by being so effusive about it on here but as I couldn’t tell Joe your name, he couldn’t do it. Next time you see him, may be worth mentioning Pete in A070 learnt about the site from you online and see what he says. Apparently, had we not bought it, he could have sold it to three people today who had seen it online and turned up hoping it was still available. We are not on the front but the plot is in an elevated row with a panoramic view of the sea. Hopefully the plumbing will be all connected by Friday so we can spend our first weekend there. Mrs Pete says can you think of anything we will need to take with us that we won’t have thought of?

I know Harry is back and hope he doesn’t find the baby moorhens I saw in the pond near Packmoor today.

• Like 8

Evening all, was quite excited watching the news yesterday of people going out and about! However why people went to pubs at midnight I’ll never know!

After work yesterday we went to our local shopping centre and everything was calm. But then there isn’t a Primark there and that’s where some madness seems to be!

Got a few food bits in M&S and a top in Sainsbury’s! Sounds the wrong way round! Probably there about half an hour!

Haven’t left the house today but my hairdresser came round and cut my hair, oh the relief, I think I’ve lost half a stone! 😆

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Presto - Interestingly, we were in Wales yesterday and came away proud and pleased owners of a static caravan on a site you are familiar with. I tried to suggest you should get rewarded for recommending the site by being so effusive about it on here but as I couldn’t tell Joe your name, he couldn’t do it. Next time you see him, may be worth mentioning Pete in A070 learnt about the site from you online and see what he says. Apparently, had we not bought it, he could have sold it to three people today who had seen it online and turned up hoping it was still available. We are not on the front but the plot is in an elevated row with a panoramic view of the sea. Hopefully the plumbing will be all connected by Friday so we can spend our first weekend there. Mrs Pete says can you think of anything we will need to take with us that we won’t have thought of?

I know Harry is back and hope he doesn’t find the baby moorhens I saw in the pond near Packmoor today.

Wow ! Was that you I saw in the buggy going past us on the way to look at the caravan ?! I did see a couple with the new bloke Joe. We are right on the front

How amazing is that !  

Re what to take - it cost us quite a bit to set it all up. I think we have a list we made up of everything we needed. Hoping we didn't delete it ! It is  basically like setting up your house again but really exciting ! 

Things you wouldn't think of -- mmm will have a good think. 

Those caravans on the elevated plots are gorgeous and have such amazing views. Your insurance is cheaper too apparently !!!! If we ever get bad flooding we can come and stay with you !!!!

Re our recommendation -- that is brilliant, thank you. It is worth a try 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

We spent a few days watching the herons on the River Trent by us last week and there was quiet a few ducklings in the river and pond nearby and the herons showed no interest whatsoever more interested in fish.

Edited by majortom10

We weren’t favoured enough to use the buggy. Our son was with us as was Charlie the dog and we walked the short distance. We aren’t right up at the top, we are in a group of about 6 vans, about halfway up the slope on the left, rather than at the top on the right. Seems very exclusive, I just hope the neighbours are OK, although I am conscious that they won’t be there every time we are.

I can empathise with setting up costs have just spent about £300 in Dunelm.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

We spent a few days watching the herons on the River Trent by us and there was quiet a few ducks in the river and pond nearby and the herons showed no interest whatsoever more interested in fish.

I can but dream ----------------------- still getting the sling shot ready

3 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I can but dream ----------------------- still getting the sling shot ready

You cannot be there 24 hrs a day and if they are after ducklings which I think is rare for herons then they will get them sometime.