P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

17 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I see no problem with weather reports - the title of this thread is ‘what’s things like where you are’ !! Hey ho...

I'm not a frequent poster, but an almost daily lurker and I don't think that anyone said there was a problem or anything wrong with weather reports - just that they were not of interest to them personally. I do not believe that any criticism was implied by anyone who talks of the weather.  After all, I guess most of us here are British 😉

• Like 2

🙂

There’s nothing like a bit of weather chat to break the ice, as it were

To stick strictly to the thread title, I would answer that things are looking up, I think.  Town is coming alive; there was a small food event in the gardens yesterday, that feels like progress; I often hear the sound of children playing now, which has been a big miss; and I think, if we hold our nerve and our patience, we will reach the end of June this year in a better place than we were in 2020

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Had a lovely few days - went over to visit our caravan last night and spent much of today putting together the new balcony furniture (3 hours of fun) and giving it a Spring clean. Have to say, we love the new furniture and the van looks all squeaky clean!

Also had the pleasure of meeting some CC buddies. Hello to Pete - it was lovely to meet you, Mrs Pete, Mr Pete Jr and Charlie. Very strange to meet people for real for the first time after what seems a very long time, but great none the less. If you pick this up, enjoy the next few days folks and hope you find that sandy beach 😉 Look forward to many meet ups in the future when we can talk cruises more and compare notes ! (Hopefully, when the weather is colder we are allowed to meet up indoors or someone will need to bring the Brandy!)

Happy 45th to Purplesea

Anyway, sea air and sunshine lead to just one thing ............. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Still here in our lovely home from home. Home tomorrow for a few days reality before we come back. 

Great to finally meet Presto and Mrs Presto. Pete jr and I were sitting on our balcony with Charlie milling around and we heard a voice saying ‘is that you Charlie’ (or similar). Being identified through a dog intermediary was a little odd, but in view of the posting anonymity it seemed entirely appropriate and it worked and we can now put faces to names. We can now look forward to sitting outside, and hopefully inside, with drinks in front of us catching up on everything. I do enjoy Brandy and not necessarily out of need 🥴

• Like 8

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Just to say that my wife, and lots of our neighbours, are having their second Pfizer jab on Monday, almost exactly 12 weeks after their first vaccination, so supplies are still getting through.   

Just a "hats off" to everyone involved in the whole vaccination process - unbelievable - and a special thanks to all the volunteers. A fantastic achievement! 

That's great news Wowzz.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly for your wife and neighbours with no side effects afterwards.

Graham.

8 hours ago, Ardennais said:

I’ll second that. I have no interest either in cats and dogs and even less interest in wine and weather reports, so I merrily scroll by and pretty soon, something interesting always turns up. 

We have a national election in Wales week after next, so plenty of interesting topics in the news and in print!

I appreciate there is a lot of diversity in this thread with Covid19 which is fine but because the thread is called

'What are things like where you are'

reporting daily weather and excursions and run of the mill daily activities is basically staying on topic.

7°C and sunny again this morning.

We are getting ready to go to church then we will drive 1 mile to McDonald's drive thru for a snack and coffee to take to the beach car park a mile away from McDonald's to enjoy a view of the sea which makes us feel like we are sitting on our ship's balcony looking out to sea.

Hope everyone has a nice day and best wishes for Wowzz wife for her second vaccine jab tomorrow.

Graham.

52 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I'm not a frequent poster, but an almost daily lurker and I don't think that anyone said there was a problem or anything wrong with weather reports - just that they were not of interest to them personally. I do not believe that any criticism was implied by anyone who talks of the weather.  After all, I guess most of us here are British 😉

I’m just getting a bit fed up of all the petty squabbles, let’s get back to arguing about the dress code 😉

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

I'm going to do a Kalos here with my thoughts for the day:

It's a lovely cold, crisp morning here in N.London. i've been out for a lovely walk with Ted and did some thinking on the way round - about the poor family of the ambulance crew who tragically died yesterday in a senseless attack -  about those poor people in India who are dying on screen right in front us - desperately sick people who can't take a last breath because there's no oxygen. So sad.

Then to lighten my mood I wondered what the inside of the Number 10 flat looks like after having all that money spent on it- why I can't enjoy Match of the Day anymore because so few games are played on a Saturday now.

For the record, I'm interested in everything that's posted on here. I love the jokes, the animals, the photos, the politics (and the spats), and the joy of an open forum.

An advance warning for those who aren't so keen on the photos - check out after 14th August for a day or so because that's when I'll be posting multiple shots of me and my girls on Virtuosa!

Be well and safe everyone, and kind. We all need a bit of kindness every day. Best wishes. Jane.x

Great post Jane.

I think we will all look forward to hearing from you on your cruise.

You could start your own thread if you wanted called 'Live from Virtuosa'.

These live from threads are popular on RCG forums and would be about you and your photos and posts will be on Topic.

Graham.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

This thread used to be the perfect spirit-lifting, cheerful and helpful bolt hole. Somewhere to come when you needed a little brightness and a laugh.  No more unfortunately.

Avril

Well it wasn't for the lack of trying Avril. So sad to see good posters leaving all because of

differing views  ... You all take care & keep safe .

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Good point.  Just out of curiosity, anyone know what line they’re taking on the round Britain cruises? 

I don’t know, but looking at Facebook comments I think they are doing one formal on a four day cruise.

Edited by P&O SUE

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

This thread used to be the perfect spirit-lifting, cheerful and helpful bolt hole. Somewhere to come when you needed a little brightness and a laugh.  No more unfortunately.

Avril

From Pauline.

Screenshot_20210408_184805_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

I'm going to do a Kalos here with my thoughts for the day:

It's a lovely cold, crisp morning here in N.London. i've been out for a lovely walk with Ted and did some thinking on the way round - about the poor family of the ambulance crew who tragically died yesterday in a senseless attack -  about those poor people in India who are dying on screen right in front us - desperately sick people who can't take a last breath because there's no oxygen. So sad.

Then to lighten my mood I wondered what the inside of the Number 10 flat looks like after having all that money spent on it- why I can't enjoy Match of the Day anymore because so few games are played on a Saturday now.

For the record, I'm interested in everything that's posted on here. I love the jokes, the animals, the photos, the politics (and the spats), and the joy of an open forum.

An advance warning for those who aren't so keen on the photos - check out after 14th August for a day or so because that's when I'll be posting multiple shots of me and my girls on Virtuosa!

Be well and safe everyone, and kind. We all need a bit of kindness every day. Best wishes. Jane.x

I can’t wait to hear about your cruise Jane. Have a good day 😊

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, batholiver said:

Looking back, I can't see anything you've said that could remotely be seen as upsetting - there are one or two who make barbed comments and seem to want to upset people, but you're not one of them. We need a wide range of views and opinions - the wider the better - so don't let these people get at you.

One or two seem to object to any kind of criticism of people making key decisions for this country, or any discussion. I don't know why that is, but I guess they have an agenda and don't like free speech.

Provided you're polite and not offensive (which you certainly haven't been) there are no banned topics (I've been right through the guidelines and there's no bar on discussing what's going on in the world, or what's going on in Westminster). Some recent posters seem to object to discussion of current affairs, but there is no bar, and although this is a cruise forum there's no cruising so let's have nice wide discussions to keep it interesting.

No reason at all to restrict discussion as some suggest. Different people have different interests, and I can't see why different discussions can't take place.

Basically, as someone else said, if you don't have an interest in a particular topic, leave it alone. Don't reply. But don't object when other people do want to discuss it!

Long ramble, but please reconsider your decision and come back. Don't let certain people rattle you!!!!!!!!!

Hear hear! Thank you - your "ramble" has saved me from writing an even longer one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes it’s lovely. Last time we went it was the end of summer (not last year) and most of the roses were passed their best and there wasn’t a lot of ‘white’ in the white garden. Yesterday was stunning with all the spring flowers.

Leeds castle is lovely too.

Some years the Sissinghurst flowers in September are incredible. 5 or 6 years ago they had some lovely  flowers I had never seen before, osteospermum whirligig,  now I look for them every time I go but haven’t seen them for the last few years. 
Excuse the quality of my photos, these are just screenshots from my Instagram account.

D7AA8987-6B72-4D56-B14A-5B63A84A6C8F.jpeg

8FD17B4B-8C93-4B31-A917-C440E2182C57.jpeg

• Like 8

Another promising day here weather wise, after a cold start its quite sunny with a few clouds. I see a few are getting their trollies in a tangle again, never mind there are much worse things happening in the world. Here in Yorkshire things are looking rosy, especially the roses which are coming along nicely regardless of the frosty mornings. We were out in our shorts an T shirts this morning for our morning walk, it probably wasn't the smartest move as it was a bit nippy, but it looked nice through the front window, we certainly got a few funny looks and comments when nattering to people in big coats and woolly hats. Last day of the weekend for those not fortunate enough to be retired so make the best of it.

• Like 2

I was thinking of asking about tipping!!!!

We went to Rochester yesterday for open air lunch with my daughter etc.  Both venues went out of their way to make us  comfortable.  The first, an Italian Restaurant had had a problem with their small tent arrangement so we sat in the sun while they hammered and drilled and erected a wind breaking fence. 

After that we decided to  skip coffee and have a short stroll and then went to a Russian Tea Room.  They didn't have room for us in their garden, but did have a tiny unused courtyard.  They put tables in there and it was lovely.  We had our own Secret Garden.

Lovely to be out and about.  Horrible not to kiss and hug family but hopefully not too long now!!

• Like 3

Oh kalos - I’m sorry for your loss 😕

Perfect way to go, of course, probably what we’d all wish for ourselves, but not at that young age.  92 or 102 sounds better.

A terrible shock for the family too, and still the curtailed funerals (Does that change on May 17?)

Back to a standby topic - it’s a beautiful cloudless day but wherever that wind is coming from must be a mighty cold place.  Brrrr