P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

I am not sure, I wouldn't want to apply common sense answers as it does not apply in most cases. The Delta variant seems to have dug in with only one new variant I have seen which is of concern. I think it is a case of watch this space until an announcement is made. I would however expect one big Pharma to have created a modified vaccine to tackle Delta, in the hope that the virus had not mutated so much that it was ineffective. 

Sorry Phil but I meant the flu vaccine in my 2nd post ref EU Amendment in June. I didn't make that clear.

12 minutes ago, davecttr said:

That depends on keeping Brussels sweet

I get mine from Rotherham market :classic_smile: I love them and eat them all year round :classic_love:

The Mrs isn't so keen as she says" they keep her awake at night" .I told her that's impossible 

as she never eats them .She said " I know but You Do !":classic_unsure:

Edited by kalos
  • Haha 12

42 minutes ago, kalos said:

Just spotted this film John and thought you may like to see it . :classic_smile:

Great video!! I was booked on Iona in accessible cabin 11514 so would have been exactly the same. Looks lovely, makes me want to book again 

Michelle

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Just spotted this film John and thought you may like to see it . :classic_smile:

Thank you Kalos, we were booked in that same cabin for Feb 2021,   but of course it was cancelled. We found out later that the shower controls were on the right hand side, which is the wrong hand for Pauline, so we have not re-booked it for any of our other cruises. Not sure that I fancy the balcony now I've seen it, but it is big. The rest of the cabin looks OK, plenty of shelf space but not much for hanging, the auto doors look to open and close a bit faster than on Celebrity Eclipse, so we won't be waiting around blocking the corridor as often.

• Like 3

Hello all bit of a weird day for me. Thursday so my late shift 1-6pm. However there was a team meeting at 11am which we’ve done by conference call in the past but our new manager wanted us all to get together face to face. As luck would have it was John’s day off today or I would have had a half hour walk each way then half an hour to grab lunch before logging in to my PC at home.

All went well at the meeting but when I got home our Sky internet wasn’t working which meant I wouldn’t be able to do any work at all. I waited in case it came back on - but no! I spoke to a manager (mine had gone home, she doesn’t work Thursdays!) She said I’d have to come into the office! Thank goodness John was off as he was able to rush me up there and I was only half hour late starting! What a faff!

Plus side, I should have been goIng in tomorrow so I’m going to stay at home as they only want me in once a fortnight! 

• Like 4

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Friday.

No real news from me this week but busy nonetheless. There's no update yet on the third vaccinations. We are all still awaiting the JCVI decision which is taking it's time. In the meanwhile we have been contacting and  booking our poorly 12-15 year olds at another local practice. Thankfully there are not many, and their mums and dads have been so happy to get the children vaccinated.

My eldest granddaughter tested positive yesterday. It's such a shame because we were all going out for dinner tomorrow for my daughter's birthday.  Still, as long as she's ok the dinner couldn't matter less.

I'm still awaiting a full response about my Great Matter and I'm not optomistic that I'll get a satisfactory one. I'm very disappointed actually that I've not had any interim 'holding' correspondence as I thought the issue I had raised was serious enough to be kept informed. What do I know? I come from a different era where good manners and appropriate behaviour were paramount.

I got my first State Pension payment yesterday! I am now officially a Senior Citizen. 

Keep well and safe everyone and have a great weekend. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, Beckett said:

No real news from me this week but busy nonetheless. There's no update yet on the third vaccinations. We are all still awaiting the JCVI decision which is taking it's time. In the meanwhile we have been contacting and  booking our poorly 12-15 year olds at another local practice. Thankfully there are not many, and their mums and dads have been so happy to get the children vaccinated.

My eldest granddaughter tested positive yesterday. It's such a shame because we were all going out for dinner tomorrow for my daughter's birthday.  Still, as long as she's ok the dinner couldn't matter less.

I'm still awaiting a full response about my Great Matter and I'm not optomistic that I'll get a satisfactory one. I'm very disappointed actually that I've not had any interim 'holding' correspondence as I thought the issue I had raised was serious enough to be kept informed. What do I know? I come from a different era where good manners and appropriate behaviour were paramount.

I got my first State Pension payment yesterday! I am now officially a Senior Citizen. 

Hi Jane - so sorry to hear about your granddaughter testing positive. Hopefully she is not feeling too poorly.

Congratulations on getting your first pension. I’ve 4 more years to wait.

Good news here is I finally exchanged on bungalow in Dorset and move on 24th September.

Thanks for your news - sadly not surprised re your issue.
Have a good weekend.

Gill x

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Hope your granddaughter is ok and her symptoms are not to severe. 
Hopefully you will get a satisfactory response from MSC soon. 
I am sure you do not feel like a senior citizen just enjoy the extra money.

Take care everyone and stay safe 

Michelle

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Not to mention the winter fuel allowance, or does that kick in at an earlier age?

Winter fuel allowance starts at state pension age, which is currently 66.

Recently, the fuel allowance was paid earlier, at women’s state pension age. For example my husband started getting the WFA when he was about 62, which was the state pension age for a woman born on the same day as him. State pension age for males and females equalised in 2018, so everyone now has to wait until they get their pension in order to get WFA.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I bet you are already looking forward to getting your Christmas bonus!

I remember my mum and dad getting their £10 in the 80’s. Now my husband is getting exactly the same amount ! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Ah! so now you wake up and check to see if you are still alive, followed by which day is it and which bits of you are aching this morning.

Welcome to the wrinklyverse 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Sorry to hear your eldest granddaughter tested positive for covid19 and hope she only has mild symptoms.

Good luck on the other matter.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham x.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Hi Jane - so sorry to hear about your granddaughter testing positive. Hopefully she is not feeling too poorly.

Good news here is I finally exchanged on bungalow in Dorset and move on 24th September.

Have a good weekend.

Gill x

That is good news Gill you are going to move shortly.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Have a good weekend.

Gill x

Good luck with your move, you will be all sorted & settled in no time all ready for Christmas 

Michelle

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Have a good weekend.

Gill x

A word of advice if you are downsizing Gill, when you have decided what to take with you, step back think again and cull some more.  We moved from a 4 bed detached with fitted wardrobes in all bedrooms, a utility room, 2 garages and a boarded out loft, to a 2 bed apartment with one store cupboard and an outside parking space in May, and we are still sending stuff to the charity shop.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

A word of advice if you are downsizing Gill, when you have decided what to take with you, step back think again and cull some more.  We moved from a 4 bed detached with fitted wardrobes in all bedrooms, a utility room, 2 garages and a boarded out loft, to a 2 bed apartment with one store cupboard and an outside parking space in May, and we are still sending stuff to the charity shop.

I can relate to that, we took loads & loads to the charity shop. We had a static caravan in the area where we moved which we sold so had to empty that as well so even more stuff!!

Michelle

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Have a good weekend.

Gill x

Jane I'm sorry to hear your grandaughter has caught covid, hope she makes a speedy recovery and isn't too bad and you hear from MSC soon.

Gill, congratulation on your move hope all goes well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I’m doing a lot of culling and throwing out. Charity shops are doing well…!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

I bet you are already looking forward to getting your Christmas bonus!

Do I get a Christmas bonus too Wowzz?  This day is just getting better.  Tell me, is about 50p or something similar?  Seriously, this is the first time I have every received money from the state apart from child allowance and it's a great feeling - until next month when I get a new tax code to obliterate it.  Have a great weekend.  Jane.x  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Have a good weekend.

Gill x

Fantastic news Gill.  I'm so happy for you.  After all the let-downs you had, you must be thrilled now that you have a 'real' buyer.  Not too long to wait either.  I hope Freddy doesn't panic too much when he sees packing being done.

I just spoke to my granddaughter and she's in bed - she just sounds like she has a very bad cold.  She never catches anything normally so this will come as a bit of a shock to her.  I'll keep you informed about the other matter.

Once again, congratulations on your move.  Have a great weekend.  Jane.x    

• Like 2