How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

7 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Thanks All... could look at ocean all day

A couple seaside photos

wave_7159600.thumb.jpg.dd3855af76d9d40114d3573f8077a5d0.jpgwaves_3022483.thumb.JPG.1ad46c2894965dfe73479cc7b9f92200.JPG1184543284_godfreysbeachtake1_7275480.thumb.jpg.85babbeef7db2055c15fbecdb2870068.jpg

The curl of that wave in the first photo is just perfect, especially with the spray coming off the top of it. It conveys the movement of the wave far more than in the second photo for some odd reason.

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Next time you come this way let me know. We're always up for lunch at Dee Why.

This was lunch BTW. Portuguese Espatadas at Sandbar. We tried both the beef and the chicken. Hard to pick which was the best, they were both delicious and the mildly spicybsauce worked really well with the chips as well ascthe meat.

20200907_134146.jpg

I am hungry now..... looks great ... can almost taste it.......   yumm

22 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Next time you come this way let me know. We're always up for lunch at Dee Why.

This was lunch BTW. Portuguese Espatadas at Sandbar. We tried both the beef and the chicken. Hard to pick which was the best, they were both delicious and the mildly spicybsauce worked really well with the chips as well ascthe meat.

20200907_134146.jpg

Thank you.  Sandbar sounds like the name of the cafe I always visit.  Such a lovely location for lunch, followed by a walk on the waterfront opposite.  I used to stop there on the way back from Palm Beach, but more recently from Collaroy, when my daughter worked at Sargood at Collaroy.  Your lunch looks fun and delicious.  

Edited by MMDown Under

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

Thank you.  Sandbar sounds like the name of the cafe I always visit.  Such a lovely location for lunch, followed by a walk on the waterfront opposite.  I used to stop there on the way back from Palm Beach, but more recently from Collaroy,  when my daughter worked at the resort there.  

Looks great tucker at Sandbar.

13 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Looks great tucker at Sandbar.

It's been our favourite Dee Why restaurant for some years now. We've tried others at times but always end up going back to Sandbar.

There are quite a few closed restaurants there at the moment. Some are being renovated, some aren't opening for lunch on Mondays at the moment, and some have gone for good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's been our favourite Dee Why restaurant for some years now. We've tried others at times but always end up going back to Sandbar.

There are quite a few closed restaurants there at the moment. Some are being renovated, some aren't opening for lunch on Mondays at the moment, and some have gone for good.

The owner at your local En Casa is going up to the Qld Gold Coast when the border opens, to start another En Casa. Still keeping his Lane Cove and Sydney cbd ones. My son told me when he was here yesterday.

Edited by NSWP

30 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The owner at your local En Casa is going up to the Qld Gold Coast when the border opens, to start another En Casa. Still keeping his Lane Cove and Sydney cbd ones. My son told me when he was here yesterday.

Hope it works out for him. Competition woukd be fiercer up there.

Mind you, he'll have more competition in Lane Cove once the new Canopy restaurants open next month. We're becoming a real foodie village.

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Hope it works out for him. Competition woukd be fiercer up there.

Mind you, he'll have more competition in Lane Cove once the new Canopy restaurants open next month. We're becoming a real foodie village.

Yes my son told me the new eateries happening and your new Coles and Aldi.  Apparently the Gold Coast is short on Spanish Restaurantes, Ola !, Muchas Cerviche !,

24 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Maybe some plumbers can install some tapas bars.🤪

Get you a job up there mic, put the Estrella beer on tap anyway. Perhaps whip up a Paella Mixta.

Edited by NSWP

Back to Covid...In Victoria, another 55 positive cases and 8 deaths in last 24 hrs.  In UK, it is out of control again, almost 3000 positive cases per day occurring, some cities and towns going back into lockdown.  Sorry for the bad news.

13 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Back to Covid...In Victoria, another 55 positive cases and 8 deaths in last 24 hrs.  In UK, it is out of control again, almost 3000 positive cases per day occurring, some cities and towns going back into lockdown.  Sorry for the bad news.

That is good news indeed re Victoria.   The virus is out of control in France and Spain also - quite frightening really.  Despite this our PM and his Ministers continue to run down the Victorian Premier.  Politics in lieu of leadership disgusts me, in these difficult times for Victorians.  NSW Premier (Liberal) can do no wrong, yet Qld. Premier, who is doing a similar brilliant job with contact tracing in Qld., the silence is deafening.   

Just came back from a beautiful walk along the beach in brilliant sunshine.  You would have loved the big waves crashing right on the beach, Don.

Shocked to learn two Australian reporters have had to be rescued from China by Foreign Affairs.  China is becoming so bold, I'm worried for Taiwan.

Good news Alex is through to 4th round of US Open.  Looking forward to following quarter finals on free to air TV.  

• Like 1

Well, we have had a little bit of a return to the world we once knew (pre-COVID) here in the west of Sydney. After semi-isolation since mid-March, we had a small family BBQ here at home (5 in total) for Fathers Day, and yesterday we met up for lunch with SIL & BIL who only live at Central Coast, but it may as well have been in another state for us, keeping isolated as we have been. Tracey had not seen her sister since January, and some important events had been missed. We followed the social distancing rules & the restaurant made us feel safe, so all good.

Back to normal today though, with me working from home & just DW & I once again.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Well, we have had a little bit of a return to the world we once knew (pre-COVID) here in the west of Sydney. After semi-isolation since mid-March, we had a small family BBQ here at home (5 in total) for Fathers Day, and yesterday we met up for lunch with SIL & BIL who only live at Central Coast, but it may as well have been in another state for us, keeping isolated as we have been. Tracey had not seen her sister since January, and some important events had been missed. We followed the social distancing rules & the restaurant made us feel safe, so all good.

Back to normal today though, with me working from home & just DW & I once again.

Stay safe everyone.

Sounds like a perfect Father's Day celebration.  I doubt we'll ever take these special family get togethers for granted again. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Stay safe everyone.

You sure have been in isolation, but you have emerged, unscathed, so get stuck in !! There is a world out there !!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We can't get our whole family together at the moment because there is a 10-person limit for gatherings in a home. We are going to our daughter's home for dinner during the week and to one of our sons' for the weekend.

That is a good solution to spread out the joy.  Was surprised that the number was ten including members of household.  Households of ten can't have any visitors at all.  Our Premier is fortunate that Queenslanders on the whole are compliant.  We realise the Govt is trying to keep us safe, whilst they get on top of recent small outbreaks.  

33 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

That is a good solution to spread out the joy.  Was surprised that the number was ten including members of household.  Households of ten can't have any visitors at all.  Our Premier is fortunate that Queenslanders on the whole are compliant.  We realise the Govt is trying to keep us safe, whilst they get on top of recent small outbreaks.  

Except for the 400 AFL players, families and officials, living it up in 'quarantine' on the Goldy or Brisvegas.   What a joke that is.

• Like 1

I am sure the packed beaches in Europe and Brazil are contributory.  I wonder what Bondi is like today, 27C down here, there would be about 10 people on my local beach at Batehaven, plus a few canines.

Edited by NSWP