How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

NSW Premier (Liberal) can do no wrong, yet Qld. Premier, who is doing a similar brilliant job with contact tracing in Qld., the silence is deafening.   

NSW has more cases to deal with compared to QLD, so a lot more contact tracing as the volume is exponential.

I thought QLD had nothing to deal with at all, which is why they want to lock everyone else out?

3 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

NSW has more cases to deal with compared to QLD, so a lot more contact tracing as the volume is exponential.

I thought QLD had nothing to deal with at all, which is why they want to lock everyone else out?

A misconception, my sister is at Currumbin on Qld Gold Coast, she keeps saying there are no Covid cases in Qld, Bull, I say to my sister...'Read the news m'dear, you have blinkers on.'   Wait until summer when the beaches become crowded.

Edited by NSWP

2 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

Queensland has been constantly contact tracing since those three young ladies lied on return to Queensland from Melbourne.  I'm impressed with our Health Officer who had all the Aged Care in the Region closed before the news hit the press of the infected cases  They open as soon as possible, then are closed the next infected case.  Both NSW and Melbourne have had big outbreaks in their Nursing Homes.  Qld. is trying to avoid this.  

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

A misconception, my sister is at Currumbin on Qld Gold Coast, she keeps saying there are no Covid cases in Qld, Bull, I say to my sister...'Read the news m'dear, you have blinkers on.'   Wait until summer when the beaches become crowded.

The closest close contact on the Gold Coast was at Oxenford, which is why the GC was included in the area with restrictions.  Qld. Premier closed the GC beaches when they became too crowded and limited driving to 50 kms.  I was pleased she didn't close the beaches to locals.  Beach car parks were closed.  Locals wanted the beaches to remain open, so beaches weren't too crowded.  I am at the beach at present and everyone has been keeping the correct distance, even on Father's Day.

20 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I am sure the packed beaches in Europe and Brazil are contributory.  I wonder what Bondi is like today, 27C down here, there would be about 10 people on my local beach at Batehaven, plus a few canines.

I agree.  I have been to the beach on the Mediterranean in Spring, when you had to walk over the German's wall to wall beach towels to reach the water.  Quite an interesting experience!

We are lucky to have so many beautiful beaches from which to choose.

45 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The reasoning is that they are quarantined together and the facility is closed to everyone else.

BTW The quarantine arrangements were approved in advance for whichever State won the bid for the AFL.  I wonder if the criticism would be as loud if say Adelaide, with a male Liberal Premier, had won the bid.  

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

And that is a real recent photo during the Brit 'heatwave.' Not fake.

It was taken in June/July I think Les, it was all over the media. Somewhere on the south coast if I remember correctly, perhaps Brighton?

Leigh

Edited by possum52

56 minutes ago, possum52 said:

It was taken in June/July I think Les, it was all over the media. Somewhere on the south coast if I remember correctly, perhaps Brighton?

Leigh

Brighton or Bournemouth, south coast somewhere, the Londoners go there. All the coastal areas were similar, I have  half sister at Southend on Sea, chockas, the locals dont dare venture out. Bit like here Xmas and New Year, whem Mics mob from NATCAP come down the mountain, population goes from 16000 to 300,000😪

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

BTW The quarantine arrangements were approved in advance for whichever State won the bid for the AFL.  I wonder if the criticism would be as loud if say Adelaide, with a male Liberal Premier, had won the bid.  

The AFL grand final should never have gone to Qld, it is not a traditional AFL stronghold. Kochie said.Stand by for incoming afl balls loaded with xxxx gold.

Edited by NSWP

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The AFL grand final should never have gone to Qld, it is not a traditional AFL stronghold. Kochie said.Stand by for incoming afl balls loaded with xxxx gold.

Sorry, disagree with you Les. Qld was the only state that was willing to let the AFL have their hubs there. Kochie of course would say that. QLD fully deserve the GF in  MHO. 

Leigh

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I suspect one reason AFL made its decision was to try to build interest in AFL in Qld., a passionate rugby league state.  

13 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Sorry, disagree with you Les. Qld was the only state that was willing to let the AFL have their hubs there. Kochie of course would say that. QLD fully deserve the GF in  MHO. 

Leigh

Actually, WA offered to host all teams early on.  But the AFL wanted to maintain games across as many states as possible.

Kochie wanted the GF in Adelaide, as President of Port.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Sorry to hear that, too doubtful i suppose.

The cruises were already cancelled but we still wanted to go and do a road trip,  use the flights, accommodation,  etc, but as WA are keeping their borders shut, we are cancelling now so we can get the refunds. credits rather than wait and hope that we can go.

The longer these covid numbers keep going up and down in the Australian States, the longer the wait for cruises to resume and borders to reopen. Qld had a dozen cases in the past 24 hrs, that will keep their Premier quiet for a day or so.   Victoria numbers still up there. UK out of control, almost 3000 a day in the last few days.  Doom and Gloom.

Edited by NSWP

50 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The longer these covid numbers keep going up and down in the Australian States, the longer the wait for cruises to resume and borders to reopen. Qld had a dozen cases in the past 24 hrs, that will keep their Premier quiet for a day or so.   Victoria numbers still up there. UK out of control, almost 3000 a day in the last few days.  Doom and Gloom.

From what I have read, Queensland has one new case of COVID in the last 24 hours - not a dozen. The state has 29 active cases at the moment, all linked to the youth detention centre where the infection was linked to one of the young women who went to Melbourne and returned (while lying on where they had been).

21 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

From what I have read, Queensland has one new case of COVID in the last 24 hours - not a dozen. The state has 29 active cases at the moment, all linked to the youth detention centre where the infection was linked to one of the young women who went to Melbourne and returned (while lying on where they had been).

Not one.

aa8c48db-1fed-4128-8956-07920a434456.html

36 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

From what I have read, Queensland has one new case of COVID in the last 24 hours - not a dozen.

That is interesting, as I have read on the ABC website today: "Queensland has recorded eight new cases of coronavirus suspected to be linked to existing clusters."

12 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

That is interesting, as I have read on the ABC website today: "Queensland has recorded eight new cases of coronavirus suspected to be linked to existing clusters."

https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/statistics
See link for official figures.
Five of the 8 new cases are from the one family and linked to existing case.
Definitely more mask wearing happening in Brisbane with the recent increase in cases.

1 minute ago, BrissieB said:

https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/statistics
See link for official figures.
Five of the 8 new cases are from the one family and linked to existing case.
Definitely more mask wearing happening in Brisbane with the recent increase in cases.

Confirms the ABC report as correct.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Queensland had eight new cases in the last 24 hours, five in one family linked to the Wacol cluster, and three linked to Ipswich Hospital.

9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Queensland had eight new cases in the last 24 hours, five in one family linked to the Wacol cluster, and three linked to Ipswich Hospital.

The Wacol cluster is the Qld Corrective Services Academy cluster, is it not? Staff infection.