Royal Caribbean suspends cruises through May 12

ZoeyVictoria

5 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

I would think it's inevitable.:classic_cool:

I agree.  Up until this point I thought it was highly probable.

Now it remains to be seen what they will offer to cruisers on newly cancelled cruises.  This is why I think the announcement should be made as soon as possible.

4 minutes ago, angiem0217 said:

It won't be long because you can no longer book cruises through the first week in May. I just tried to book several different ones and they all say unavailable

Just tried as well and received the same "unavailable" message.

Garnett

6 minutes ago, angiem0217 said:

It won't be long because you can no longer book cruises through the first week in May. I just tried to book several different ones and they all say unavailable

Thank you!  I just tried some random dates.  April 20-something showed an error message, as did May 3.  May 15 was available to be booked.

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Thank you!  I just tried some random dates.  April 20-something showed an error message, as did May 3.  May 15 was available to be booked.

Oh no. My cruise is June 6. Not holding out much hope . Would hate a cruise to nowhere ..if ports are still turning ships away  I could of booked a cheaper cruise for that . What to do.? 

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I was looking at AUg and those also showed an error message.  Hope its just because they are updating the site!

baf

16 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

I was looking at AUg and those also showed an error message.  Hope its just because they are updating the site!

baf

I just tried an August sailing of the Paradise that I have been watching.  It was available to be booked and $20 cheaper than last night.  The final page in the booking process has been changed since last night and is much nicer.  It seems odd that they would select this particular time to update their website, but it looks like that might be the case.

I checked our May 3 sailing again, still showing unavailable.

Just my opinion I don’t think cruises will start back until Aug or sept. My son and some family and his friends have one july 18. I have the Mardi Gras booked for December 12 I don’t think the ship will be ready so looking now for another option just in case.

Edited by siestakeys04

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

Where are those who were so sure just a day ago that they’d be sailing here in a few weeks ......???? Pretty quiet now or a changed tune. 

Did you see my post on this topic regarding NCL?

1 hour ago, siestakeys04 said:

Just my opinion I don’t think cruises will start back until Aug or sept. My son and some family and his friends have one july 18. I have the Mardi Gras booked for December 12 I don’t think the ship will be ready so looking now for another option just in case.

Unless something dramatically bad happens, not a chance. 

Not sure how long as this started last night, but if you are flying down to FL from the Tri-state area, you go into a mandatory self-quarantine.

"Starting today, passengers arriving into FL from the New York Tri-State area (Connecticut, New Jersey and New York) must self-quarantine for 14 days due to COVID-19, according to @GovRonDeSantis Executive Order.
For more details and exemptions: https://*****/3bnShVu".

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Where are those who were so sure just a day ago that they’d be sailing here in a few weeks ......???? Pretty quiet now or a changed tune. 

Well, that’s quite the inciteful post, but I’ll bite...

Still here - quietly watching all the dogmatic posts about this virus.

Still have the Horizon booked for April 18 - Not planning to cancel.   I’ll (hopefully) take my FCC/OBC and apply it to my December booking. Also have a cruise booked next April, so not worried about cruising again.

Still washing my hands and avoiding sick people.

Edited by emceejay
content
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1