Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
lensonlife

Further Cancellations - Alaska, San Francisco, Radiance and Legend

Recommended Posts

I’ve been checking frequently- because we are scheduled to sail 6/29. Earlier today it was still there. Now there are no sailings showing with Radiance. It is still showing in my bookings though. What’s your guess? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

this might be related due to the delays at the shipyard causing delays of the refurbishment

 

i also noticed the Carnival Legend cruises out of NY in May and June is also gone too..not good for me

Edited by shof515

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just noticed the same thing. We’re on a Labor Day week radiance cruise. Hoping to hear soon if it’s a go or no so we can adjust our plans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carnival is supposed to provide an update soon- I wasn’t sure if that would have impacted the June cruises, but news is news. This was according to their Instagram post a couple days ago. 

627C95A3-E8BC-4B7B-8B76-AE8663F7C30F.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Earliest Radiance sailing currently available on Carnival’s website is Nov 2020.

😓 Say it isn’t so! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Legend has also had all its European cruises pulled for this year and its first cruise that can be booked is November. Assume tomorrow we are going to hear about the Mardi Gras delay, Miracle which is showing NO cruises at all, and the changes to these two ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 6/29 Radiance cruise I’m scheduled to be on is actually a 9 day Eastern Caribbean Journeys. But I do believe it was the refurbishment that seemingly is canceling it out.   The Europeans were the 5 sails prior and they already canceled those. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was booked on the Radiance for the November 29th sailing.  This sailing could be in jeopardy too if there are further delays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering if they pulled the Legend and the Miracle to be used as hospital ships. I am/was scheduled on the Legend May 16th, 2020.  Dang!!!

 

Karen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, yogibear said:

I'm wondering if they pulled the Legend and the Miracle to be used as hospital ships. I am/was scheduled on the Legend May 16th, 2020.  Dang!!!

 

Karen

i am going to take a wild guess that the Legend will continue cruising out of Tampa when cruising resumes. she was originally scheduled to reposition from Tampa to New York and sail out of New York for a few cruises and then do a transatlantic to Europe for some sailings in Europe then a transatlantic back to the USA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, lensonlife said:

😓 Say it isn’t so! 

I am not sure if there will be a Radiance. Does Carnival have the cash on hand to pay for the remodel, all the refunds, and sustain the other ships and personnel? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

I am not sure if there will be a Radiance. Does Carnival have the cash on hand to pay for the remodel, all the refunds, and sustain the other ships and personnel? 

Similar question to what’s being asked regarding the Royal Amplified project that was supposed to take place right now on the Allure of the Seas... also scheduled to be in Cadiz with the Radiance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

I am not sure if there will be a Radiance. Does Carnival have the cash on hand to pay for the remodel, all the refunds, and sustain the other ships and personnel? 

Was not aware they were paying cash.  I know they used to self fund their ships, but thought that ended long ago.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Purely speculation on my part, but my guess is that based on what’s happening now they will delay, if not shelve entirely the refurbishment of the Victory. I sailed on her just before she went to Spain, and there really wasn’t anything wrong with her at all anyway. It is still very much a pretty and well-appointed ship. This refurbishment seemed to be more of a growth activity, rather than something desperately needing to happen to keep her in service.

Carnival, and other cruise lines are going to be looking for ways to save cash right now until they are operating at full steam ahead again. I suspect that they will decide to push off that project for awhile.

Just my opinion. I could be wrong.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ldyandrea said:

Purely speculation on my part, but my guess is that based on what’s happening now they will delay, if not shelve entirely the refurbishment of the Victory. I sailed on her just before she went to Spain, and there really wasn’t anything wrong with her at all anyway. It is still very much a pretty and well-appointed ship. This refurbishment seemed to be more of a growth activity, rather than something desperately needing to happen to keep her in service.

Carnival, and other cruise lines are going to be looking for ways to save cash right now until they are operating at full steam ahead again. I suspect that they will decide to push off that project for awhile.

Just my opinion. I could be wrong.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums

 

I agree.  We were on Victory in November 2019.  The ship is in good condition.  The analyst are predicting it could be more than a year or more before the full demand returns to the cruise industry.  With that in mind, I think Carnival will put off all expenses they can.  So, in my opinion, we will see The Victory for some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Barry ATL said:

 

I agree.  We were on Victory in November 2019.  The ship is in good condition.  The analyst are predicting it could be more than a year or more before the full demand returns to the cruise industry.  With that in mind, I think Carnival will put off all expenses they can.  So, in my opinion, we will see The Victory for some time.

I agree. Though we have a B2B booked on the Radiance in September, if it was still the Victory we wouldn't mind. 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Barry ATL said:

 With that in mind, I think Carnival will put off all expenses they can.  So, in my opinion, we will see The Victory for some time.

 

during the transatlantic to the shipyard, they are did some work on the ship and from what i saw on various sites that posted pictures. the inside of the ship is already gutted. there is no turning back. the transformation of the victory is happening and i wont be surprised to see it sit at the shipyard for many months. most likely both carnival and shipyard has an agreement to wave any additional fees due to the additional time in drydock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, shof515 said:

 

during the transatlantic to the shipyard, they are did some work on the ship and from what i saw on various sites that posted pictures. the inside of the ship is already gutted. there is no turning back. the transformation of the victory is happening and i wont be surprised to see it sit at the shipyard for many months. most likely both carnival and shipyard has an agreement to wave any additional fees due to the additional time in drydock

I was going to say the same thing. There have been updates posted on Instagram. They’re going to have to work at putting her back together because the refurbishment has already started. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An update would be nice. At this point I can still purchase excursions, drink packages, etc. for my sailing. Seems Carnival would cut that line for their guests if they pull the sailing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, shof515 said:

 

during the transatlantic to the shipyard, they are did some work on the ship and from what i saw on various sites that posted pictures. the inside of the ship is already gutted. there is no turning back. the transformation of the victory is happening and i wont be surprised to see it sit at the shipyard for many months. most likely both carnival and shipyard has an agreement to wave any additional fees due to the additional time in drydock

 

11 minutes ago, lensonlife said:

I was going to say the same thing. There have been updates posted on Instagram. They’re going to have to work at putting her back together because the refurbishment has already started. 

 

Good points. Probably wishful thinking on my part. 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if its worth putting her back together or just delaying Radiance sailings at this point.  I’m not optimistic we’ll be sailing or Radiance cruise as they still show for Nov and beyond. Husband and I figured out our back up plan last night so we can call right away if something is announced. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BroadwayGirl said:

I wonder if its worth putting her back together or just delaying Radiance sailings at this point.  I’m not optimistic we’ll be sailing or Radiance cruise as they still show for Nov and beyond. Husband and I figured out our back up plan last night so we can call right away if something is announced. 

I guess it’s entirely possible they could stop where they’re at and put Victory back together- putting her afloat (and I would be happy again if this meant I got to sail lol). That said, it’s likely some very “Victory” things were already destroyed. Wonder what they’d call it. A pipe dream anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Was not aware they were paying cash.  I know they used to self fund their ships, but thought that ended long ago.  

It's not like they're receiving any income right now. Of course they have to use their cash reserves.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to stick my neck out and say they will be scrapped and the new builds will survive and be delivered, eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...