Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I throughly enjoyed his last video from St Thomas.

Totally agree. I also have enjoyed the ones on San Juan. They have given me some good sites, restaurants and bars to visit when we are there hopefully this November.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Deciding not to travel into the town/wine area yesterday, we enjoyed the day at the little house.  Set up our own wine and cheese tasting on the patio over the vineyard, using local wines and local cheese we bought.  Sure, area has a lot of wineries...but also very known for their homemade cheese...yum!!  

The "Truffle Tremor" was the best.  😉  

20210504_154747.jpg

20210504_154754.jpg

Now you've got my attention. 🍷🧀

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Me either, but I also can’t picture hubby with long hair. Didn’t even recognize him. 🤣

When I got married I had facial hair.My wife never saw me clean shaven.

In 2016 I shaved my beard and mustache off and what did my wife say ?

She told me to grow them back immediately.I also felt that way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

When I got married I had facial hair.My wife never saw me clean shaven.

In 2016 I shaved my beard and mustache off and what did my wife say ?

She told me to grow them back immediately.I also felt that way.

My beard was chest length before Covid.  It's now about 1/2".  Was too uncomfortable/awkward wearing a mask.  I'll be fully vaccinated soon, and hopefully won't need to wear a mask in the coming months.  Can't wait to grow it out again.

Waiting for school to end. 

24F556E0-BB1B-4DFA-8C79-B370F8D885C8.thumb.jpeg.c318e0a718d5adfc554afd6ae6b04582.jpeg

Grandma rolled in with 14 balloons and a gift. She had 4 blow away in the yard. She chased after 2 and caught them. She had to blow up 2 more to replace the ones that popped.  

EA19D20D-12D9-4512-90D1-79BBEB0B08AA.thumb.jpeg.0c3d8767a7b71c870bc220389d6058d1.jpeg

5059758A-796A-4396-B409-59835251C7CA.thumb.jpeg.a30c2b9a26ec55ebfc4a7bd858075b52.jpeg

A1D5E438-B0DA-461C-A8A8-D0B02AA956E8.thumb.jpeg.c5508beb92f92dd63878f4f163bf461d.jpeg

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

My beard was chest length before Covid.  It's now about 1/2".  Was too uncomfortable/awkward wearing a mask.  I'll be fully vaccinated soon, and hopefully won't need to wear a mask in the coming months.  Can't wait to grow it out again.

In 1972 I had shoulder length hair and a beard down to nearly my belly.I trimmed it a bit in 1980.Now it is quite long but white,whereas years ago reddish brown.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Deciding not to travel into the town/wine area yesterday, we enjoyed the day at the little house.  Set up our own wine and cheese tasting on the patio over the vineyard, using local wines and local cheese we bought.  Sure, area has a lot of wineries...but also very known for their homemade cheese...yum!!  

The "Truffle Tremor" was the best.  😉  

20210504_154747.jpg

20210504_154754.jpg

Lovely scenery.

Looks like you were both having a fantastic happy hour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

So after 48 hours since my vaccine shot I have had almost no symptoms.  I had a mild headache on Monday but woke up Tuesday fine.  Everything has been just like usual since then.  DW had a sore arm for a couple of days but that is it.

That's good news that you both only had minor side effects.

51 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am going to have to watch some of this as Below Deck is not doing it for me this season.

Below Deck Mediterranean Series 3 has just ended in the UK on E4 but no date yet for series 4.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

So after 48 hours since my vaccine shot I have had almost no symptoms.  I had a mild headache on Monday but woke up Tuesday fine.  Everything has been just like usual since then.  DW had a sore arm for a couple of days but that is it.

I had a very high fever after my second shot for several hours.My 17 year old grand daughter had her second shot on Sunday and had a high fever and severe headaches for 48 hours.

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have a crate of land and cruise brochures from every place my wife and I vacationed in from 1967 to 2019.Does anyone else save vacation brochures,maps,etc ? If so do you keep them or get rid of them after a while ?

Lenny, years ago I use to order cruise brochures directly for the cruise lines we were interested in booking with and then once the cruise was booked I'd toss the brochures. Same with land vacations. I find it much easier (at least for me ) to use the computer for researching info. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Lenny, years ago I use to order cruise brochures directly for the cruise lines we were interested in booking with and then once the cruise was booked I'd toss the brochures. Same with land vacations. I find it much easier (at least for me ) to use the computer for researching info. 

I used to like having the brochures to look through. I also used to wrap them up for Christmas to give to family who were getting the cruise as their Christmas present. That way they had something under the tree to open.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Dave ,I meant if you visit a museum or a church or a historic site where there are brochures that I keep them and have been since 1967.

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

London is a lovely city and it's nice seeing places you recognise from your previous visits.

We live 250 miles from London but have been there several times.

250 is practically next door in our perspective

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I used to like having the brochures to look through. I also used to wrap them up for Christmas to give to family who were getting the cruise as their Christmas present. That way they had something under the tree to open.

What generous gifts from Santa.  Your family is very fortunate.  I am sure they were very appreciative.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, akcruz said:

My dad actually ended up as a photographer during the war, he got to travel to some neat places and photograph a few celebs including Bob Hope and Eleanor Roosevelt.  Have many pictures I can't part with and my daughter is drooling over.

Scan them

48 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have a crate of land and cruise brochures from every place my wife and I vacationed in from 1967 to 2019.Does anyone else save vacation brochures,maps,etc ? If so do you keep them or get rid of them after a while ?

Long gone

28 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Dave ,I meant if you visit a museum or a church or a historic site where there are brochures that I keep them and have been since 1967.

I do save maps, those are interesting.

And as I said earlier, scan things. Takes up considerably less space, and can be shared

Just now, John&LaLa said:

I do save maps, those are interesting.

And as I said earlier, scan things. Takes up considerably less space, and can be shared

I had many plaques,awards presented to me over a 40 year period.When I lived in NYC I had them on the wall of my basement.Recently my wife suggested that I get rid of them.I scanned them and got rid of them.

• Like 3