Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Once I got my license, I was ready to drive anywhere!  I would drive into Manhattan on Wednesday and Friday nights for the nightlife;  one night I drove from Staten Island, over to Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn to pick up my friend from work, drive over to West Orange, and drove her back home at the end of the night.  I loved driving when I was younger.  I did have many adventures back in the day,  Today, the less I  have to drive, the better.  

I did not go into Manhattan that much .I hung out in Canarsie,Bensonhurst and Bay Ridge .When I was working I would go after work to places like Fillmore East .

• Like 2

It has been a cool, rainy day for most of the day here. I don’t think it made it above 55°.   Grandson’s football game was canceled, so it was a day to take it easy.

Yesterday, we had our flu shots. They ask if you want regular or high test.

E5DFD5D5-AE6E-4E80-9871-ED50FD9F9F5A.thumb.jpeg.282b14218c5d8a24e2cdabcadb84ef86.jpeg

so of course, I said the high test.   I love how this knocks you out for a day with the side effects, but we will be better tomorrow.

Spent some time taking clothes to the spare bedroom to be packed for the cruise, and checking things off the packing list.  I saw that some on our cruise did not get their Royal Up offer accepted, but mine still show pending.  Fingers are crossed that we may get one.

• Like 7

I just learned that there is a car club here called Amelia Cruizers and they hold a car show every year.  This is not the really big Concours d'Elegance show that happens every spring.  It's a smaller show (maybe 100 cars?) that is mostly locals from the Jacksonville area.  I'm not a huge car guy, but it was a fun way to spend a couple of hours.  Many of the cars were 60s/70s era muscle cars like Camaros, Chevelles, Mustangs, Challengers, GTXs, etc.  There were a lot of older cars and pickup trucks, some interesting custom stuff, a few "one offs" (Ferrari, Chevette, Mazda Miata) and off course many Vettes.

APC_2278-hdr.thumb.JPG.1608f00f930684d014e4a1a854de012b.JPG

APC_2320-hdr.thumb.JPG.3f847ca0c8c785d99f6bc54c60db8819.JPG

APC_2284-hdr.thumb.JPG.826817bcbb6670fdf6572a4a709253fd.JPG

APC_2293-hdr.thumb.JPG.5193aedd089621745b71215ba00c7703.JPG

APC_2296-hdr.thumb.JPG.ac57fa391098e2ef7c12b265b76240f3.JPG

APC_2299-hdr.thumb.JPG.e55c512fbce7d5426c22a53d7d106f06.JPG

APC_2308-hdr.thumb.JPG.6927213f0b917c8665e19250efd5b98f.JPG

APC_2323-hdr.thumb.JPG.45668c5eca122a4dc9a07926daeed1e2.JPG

IMG_7829.thumb.jpg.fdeecb16d209e5ea2b8f7fdc1b36578e.jpg

A few Shelby GTs and a Cobra for @A&L_Ont

APC_2281-hdr.thumb.JPG.eba26cff68c92bcf4e78cb14fdb502c3.JPG

APC_2332-hdr.thumb.JPG.a9fae3439c14278ebd79eef09c9ecabe.JPG

APC_2326-hdr.thumb.JPG.225bf3276f19a72d2e62c274fcb2f2ec.JPG

Surprisingly, only one GTO.  For you @Lionesss

APC_2311-hdr.thumb.JPG.2985342f75ff6beabb6dff040cc966ed.JPG

And my favorite was an MG.  Not so much because of the car itself, but because of the signs on/in the car.  MG fans will get it (sorry Graham 😉).  In case you can't read the sign by the engine, it says "All parts falling off this car are of the finest English workmanship".  The owner told me that he could have sold several of these signs.

APC_2302-hdr.thumb.JPG.c57106cbc593bb1547100fa5df60a877.JPG

APC_2305-hdr.thumb.JPG.9e06f8c140038f8f1e5513af0c6e0234.JPG

• Like 13

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Bummer, I'm so sorry for you, being a fan of Hawaii.

It will stay on the bucket list.  They are giving us an option to shift it to October but there are not as many port stops so maybe the next April.  Regina suggested replacing it with Alaska but my youngest daughter wants to cruise Alaska with us and she said it is to soon for here to commit to an Alaska cruise in May…..🤔 So why 🤔. Because of restrictions when you are pregnant 🤰Is she planning to bless us with our 7th grand baby?  😊 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I only drove two cars.One for 13 years and the other 18 years.Then one day I fell asleep while driving and nearly drove into a house.My family would not let me drive again. Last month was 18 years since I last drove.

Glad you didn't run into the house.  I have had a lot of cars in my life.  I don't know the exact number but my favorite was my Chrysler 200.  I have a 300 now because they don't make the 200 anymore.  

4 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I think it means the High Dose for ages over 65.  

Comparing shots to gasoline references

In the days before self-service gas stations, the attendant would ask you "Regular or high-test?" (Nowadays I think the question would more likely be phrased "regular or premium;" and in the really old days, "Regular or ethyl?")

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

What kind of a cloud are you under? 

We are thankful they let us know now instead of just weeks before the cruise when you have all the excitement built up then wham.

I shared our travel experience with a friend and he said it reminds him of James 1:2, Count it all joy when you meet various trials…… what made him think of this?   🤔 Although at times it has been stressful and has worn us out we are still enjoying the life.  We know others here are going through more challenging times.  When I started posting here I had no idea I was emerging into such an encouraging group.

It was late when we found out about this and a couple of other things came up.  Started thinking of this continuous "cloud" and found ourselves laying in bed laughing our butts off again.  I haven’t laughed this hard, this long, in awhile.  Being retired sure helps!

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are thankful they let us know now instead of just weeks before the cruise when you have all the excitement built up then wham.

I shared our travel experience with a friend and he said it reminds him of James 1:2, Count it all joy when you meet various trials…… what made him think of this?   🤔 Although at times it has been stressful and has worn us out we are still enjoying the life.  We know others here are going through more challenging times.  When I started posting here I had no idea I was emerging into such an encouraging group.

It was late when we found out about this and a couple of other things came up.  Started thinking of this continuous "cloud" and found ourselves laying in bed laughing our butts off again.  I haven’t laughed this hard, this long, in awhile.  Being retired sure helps!

I love your attitude.  🙂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

I am really bummed that the Hawaii to Vancouver April 2022 is cancelled.  That’s one that I was really looking forward to doing because I love Hawaii, the Ovation, and to see the crew again. They were the best.   So disappointed.  I don’t know where Ovation is going to be for the next few months.  I feel really bad for the crew.  We were also looking forward to meeting @Ozark_Kidand Mrs. Ozark on that cruise.

On a happier note, we will be heading to Hawaii in a week for 10 days stay. Besides exploring around, we will be eating our way through Oahu.

That would of been cool to meet up.  I can see us highly considering doing this cruise April 2023 if offered and close to the same itinerary.  We were so excited to check out Ovation for the first time.  Although ships are similar to others, we enjoy boarding ships we have not boarded before.  Hope you enjoy your trip.  Maybe share some pics with us.  I am sure we all would enjoy pics from Hawaii.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

I am really bummed that the Hawaii to Vancouver April 2022 is cancelled.  That’s one that I was really looking forward to doing because I love Hawaii, the Ovation, and to see the crew again. They were the best.   So disappointed.  I don’t know where Ovation is going to be for the next few months.  I feel really bad for the crew.  We were also looking forward to meeting @Ozark_Kidand Mrs. Ozark on that cruise.

On a happier note, we will be heading to Hawaii in a week for 10 days stay. Besides exploring around, we will be eating our way through Oahu.

Hope you have a wonderful time in Hawaii😍

One of the other threads said the crew from Ovation is being sent back home now that Alaska sailings are done.  They are suppose to restart their contracts in January, but no idea where that will be.

3 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL!!  And being paid by the Feds not to work.  

Poor businesses here are really hurting, especially the restaurants.  Lots of tourists filling them, but can't find employees to handle them.  Then the tourists get pissy when the service is slow.  😖

The covid unemployment stopped in september.  😉

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Glad you didn't run into the house.  I have had a lot of cars in my life.  I don't know the exact number but my favorite was my Chrysler 200.  I have a 300 now because they don't make the 200 anymore.  

I have a 2017 chrysler 200 hardtop convertible...love it.  

Eric has a 300 and a 2019 Dodge Challenger 

I also have a Sebring and use that car for winter as we put the challenger and the convertible in the garage for winter usually mid or end of november to march.

Mopar family.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Wishing you a very enjoyable stay in this magical place.

I have very fond memories from eating through Oahu... Pity we were there only a short time.

We got there late afternoon on a Thursday, met my cousin who was already there a week ahead of us, and she said: "we tried different restaurants, and the best is CCF". But you can't book ahead....

I said: "OK, let's go". We waited 40 min, since we wanted a table outside, to feel "being in Hawaii". The meal was outstanding, one of the best we had. We decided right there that we'll go back on Friday night, the only other night we'll have in Honolulu, before boarding our cruise on Saturday.

Friday - we spent touring Oahu, with a much anticipated stop at Giovanni's truck, to eat some very fresh and tasty shrimps.

In the evening, we were back to CCF - again well worth the wait. I wish there was such a restaurant around here, even in Europe....

The truck --

DSC_0894.JPG

With my cousin and her DH --

DSC_0912.JPG

We have food trucks in our town that are really good.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I did not go into Manhattan that much .I hung out in Canarsie,Bensonhurst and Bay Ridge .When I was working I would go after work to places like Fillmore East .

I spent many a weekend in Bensonhurst at my friend Diana's;  we hung out at one of the clubs in Bay Ridge, but I can't recall the name of it.

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It has been a cool, rainy day for most of the day here. I don’t think it made it above 55°.   Grandson’s football game was canceled, so it was a day to take it easy.

Yesterday, we had our flu shots. They ask if you want regular or high test.

E5DFD5D5-AE6E-4E80-9871-ED50FD9F9F5A.thumb.jpeg.282b14218c5d8a24e2cdabcadb84ef86.jpeg

so of course, I said the high test.   I love how this knocks you out for a day with the side effects, but we will be better tomorrow

We actually had a beautiful day here, sunny and in the 70's until around 5:00.  CVS never asks which Flu shot we want;  they automatically give us the high dose after they ask for your date of birth🧐

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Me, 1BEE8E87-EA09-4FB8-A34C-8C4432D52BAA.thumb.jpeg.4ef06efc5c8a542516f0ce4bb6cd0109.jpeggirls and our Monsignor friend at Confirmation!

Beautiful picture, Marietta!  Congratulations!  Is that Blessed Sacrament Church?  

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We got our flu shots on Thursday. We were not asked.... What's a "high test"?

OTOH, first time we feel OK after the flu shots😕

Jim and I were both fine after our shots, also.

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When I started posting here I had no idea I was emerging into such an encouraging group.

You and Sharon sure know how to make lemonade out of lemons, John!  

You are "spot on" about Dani's thread emerging into such an encouraging group;  we all are so very lucky for that.😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Last dinner till Mike gets on. I'm not sure if I'm impressed or kind of (not really sure what I'm kind of) that my waiter made towel animals for others and he carved this for me on his own time. He said it took him 1.5 hours. 😳

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

The only reason that I did not drive into the house is that I never used the AC.I had all the windows wide open and a guy who saw me was yelling so loud that I woke up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

There are help wanted signs everywhere here.  Not just restaurants but all the stores, manufacturing etc.  My son is working 7 days a week because they can't get anyone to apply for the other position.  

Help wanted signs here too.  The Kroger I frequent only has one checkout line that is not self service.

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I spent many a weekend in Bensonhurst at my friend Diana's;  we hung out at one of the clubs in Bay Ridge, but I can't recall the name of it.

Reminds me of "Saturday Night Fever". 

Maryann, you mentioned Sheepshead Bay in a previous post.  I remember it as a beautiful area near Manhattan Beach.   Coming from  apartments in busy, bustling lower Manhattan, my friend and I would pick out our favorite houses on our walks from the subway to the beach.

I remember going on a date to a club, Pip's, to hear Jose Feliciano. I remember it being next to Lundy's Seafood.

So nice to share memories, not just mine, but everyone else's in here.

• Like 5