Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Mac n Cheese (aka yellow death) (baked or stove top), hot dogs, bologna (fried or cold), swiss cheese, rye bread, sauerkraut, coleslaw, cabbage (cooked or raw), onions (raw or fried) mushrooms (sauteed or deep fried), pes (cooked, not cooked or frozen) yum to all of them.   

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hopefully this will work. CC had been horrid these last few days for me. 

For those that say the snow is beautiful I preset these photos from yesterday. 

A2ED4E67-DAD1-4799-97B3-D31554888384.thumb.jpeg.fd724e754caf561ff80a1b0dd1de7737.jpeg

Next round in the sky. 

0E6DFD7B-EBA3-4AA2-8632-F70821FAE11A.thumb.jpeg.705ed22ea86367d0372947d78a408aa5.jpeg

Here it is. 

And that melting “beauty” brings this. 😣 Only 6 more months. 🤭

A690B758-2BC9-4ADE-A158-579CC40A3441.thumb.jpeg.d425d59356fef63665e61b2be334e498.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 10

23 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Aww she is lovely, but saying that makes me feel bad.  We have had our most recent adoption cat for just about a year.  I wanted a tortoiseshell or ginger kitten.  It was the before the regions locked down  in Spain.  In the next week no one was moving anywhere, certainly not from Spain to Gibraltar to deliver cats. The cat we hAve was brought to us by a volunteer.  She was a tabby and they said ‘oh do you mind we think she is at least one year’.    I could not send her back.  

When i look at more attractive cats i feel disloyal to my little Ninky (named after  Ninkasi - a Sumerian goddess).   I dont think Ninky realises that I occasionally reckon there are more attractive cats than her.  

I wanted a ginger kitty this time, too. We actually tried to adopt a couple of different ginger cats and they fell through for one reason or another. Then we met our new kitty through a rescue, and she made it obvious that she really wanted to go home with us. So that's how we ended up with a second tabby instead of a ginger. She is the sweetest thing. She sits by each of us in turn every evening and sleeps on the foot of our bed. She follows me around making adorable chirping/trilling noises, just talking to me all the time. It's only been a few days, but we love her already.

• Like 5

This morning started slowly.   Grabbed this before heading off to the tire shop to pick up a skid steer tire being repaired. Had a few meetings too, but over all I’ve enjoyed watching the snow melt. 

9E03D80D-8A53-4D17-98EA-F2D5BC068945.thumb.jpeg.dbaf57a7590bc8cf6bc9cd938fbba0ef.jpeg

A few miles down the road I had to pull over. So worth it. 

9042F580-175A-458B-96B4-39A4D392C7A7.thumb.jpeg.c1ec7ef29d9e3e96f00ee53b202a08c9.jpeg

7B219812-8F45-439F-868E-D0E6E43A85B3.thumb.jpeg.ae59adcaa8fd6bb1fd87e6ea9ea26257.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Mimi - 

Your post got me thinking about chewing gum. Like you, I haven’t chewed gum in years. I wonder if these flavors are still available- Juicy Fruit, Doublemint or the gum that tasted like licorice- I think it was called Black Jack?

Hoping all goes well with the surgery and recovery. Your positive outlook will certainly be a part of getting healthy again.

With good thoughts and a prayer- 

MJ 🙋🏻

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I did my pre-op and COVID test today. The swab didn’t go all the way into my brain, so not bad. 
I’ve had quite a few surgeries in my last few years, but never such a long list of instructions. 
Tomorrow I’m supposed to start drinking protein shakes…lots of them. And eat plenty of meat. That part I like!
Monday night change bed linens, lay out clean (as opposed to dirty?) nightwear, shampoo hair as normal, bathe body with antibacterial soap, then Hibiclens…one bottle. Then use a special wipe for upper body. 2nd special wipe for arms, armpits!!! and hands, 3rd special wipe for midsection, 4th for legs and  feet. Then dry with a clean towel. 
At 6 am drink Ensure carbohydrate drink. 
Then repeat the evening shower with all steps. Dry with 2nd clean towel. 
Then put on clean clothing. 
Take all my normal meds except Xarelto, which I will stop after tonight. 
Be at the hospital at 8am. 
Expected 3 hour surgery at 10:10am. 

The Hibiclens part I’m used to. The wipes and changing bed linens is new to me. 
Anything that makes surgery safer is a good thing!

I so appreciate the good thoughts and prayers…I need them!

Mimi

I forgot to add, post surgery I’m to chew gum several times a day till the follow up appointment with my surgeon! And I am not to swallow it. I haven’t chewed gum in many years, so I’ll have to check what flavors it comes in. 

This is one crazy list of todos!  I don’t think I have ever been "asked" to eat a nice ribeye .  Keep us updated.  We will continue the prayers.  
btw, did you see the Mexican Train app?

• Like 2

A&L-Ont

Your photos of the local landscape are beautiful. The last one of the sunrise reminds me of the saying- “Red sky at morning,sailors take warning.”.

Is another storm expected in your area?

The snow is pretty and the best kind melts by the end of the day !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Are the extra pre-op steps Covid related?  I don't recall anything like that for Micheline. 

We are all thinking of you! 

It’s just the latest anti-bacterial precautions. 
My last surgery was 5 years ago, and there were  just the two Hibiclens showers. Same hospital, Baptist South. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Hopefully this will work. CC had been horrid these last few days for me. 

For those that say the snow is beautiful I preset these photos from yesterday. 

A2ED4E67-DAD1-4799-97B3-D31554888384.thumb.jpeg.fd724e754caf561ff80a1b0dd1de7737.jpeg

Next round in the sky. 

0E6DFD7B-EBA3-4AA2-8632-F70821FAE11A.thumb.jpeg.705ed22ea86367d0372947d78a408aa5.jpeg

Here it is. 

And that melting “beauty” brings this. 😣 Only 6 more months. 🤭

A690B758-2BC9-4ADE-A158-579CC40A3441.thumb.jpeg.d425d59356fef63665e61b2be334e498.jpeg

Remember, I said to those of us who don’t get snow, it is beautiful. 
I well remember stepping off the curb in Manhattan into three inches of slush. 
Farther back I remember frantically trying to undo buttons and zippers when I really had to go, with icy mittens on frozen hands. 
But the farther removed I am from those days,  the more I wish for another taste!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Not a fan of swiss cheese either.  My favorite cheese is Havarti or Muenster.  I only like Rye bread if it's fresh, like I get in my favorite food store, Central Market.  I love sauerkraut, the more sour the better.  Like caviar, I think sauerkraut is an acquired taste.

I like sauerkraut but do not like caviar.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

This is one crazy list of todos!  I don’t think I have ever been "asked" to eat a nice ribeye .  Keep us updated.  We will continue the prayers.  
btw, did you see the Mexican Train app?

I installed it and was feeling my way through it till I got stuck. Clicked on pass, but nothing happened. I need a piece of paper with instructions on it. 
It will give me somebody to do in the hospital besides chewing gum and reading!

Thank you for showing me which one to get!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MJSailors said:

BonTexasNY

My DH and I were talking about the neighborhood bakeries just the other day. I mentioned the boxes tied with string from the spool above the counter.

We also remember the bread slicer machine where the “baker lady” would put a whole loaf of bread in one end and a sliced loaf would come out at the other end. I always liked the small oval end piece of the rye bread.

Also black and white cookies were a special treat. i would eat the vanilla side first, so I could take the time to enjoy the chocolate side. My DH did the same as a kid.

My Dad would always go to the local bakery on Sunday morning after church for rolls and a coffee cake. Then, it was time for a big breakfast at home.

Thanks for the memory !

Take care 

MJ🙋🏻

My mother in law worked in a bakery.At the end of the day the employees divided up the unsold items and took them home.Everything was fresh the next day.

• Like 3

@Momof3gurlz  How did you find this joint?  It reminds me of that commercial that was playing on the radio a few weeks ago.  $40 for 40Lbs of ribeyes.  Look for the trailer in the Warwick Mall parking lot.    Btw, ignore that "momof3girls" notation below.  I was a little hasty and clicked on it before I proofread.  I can't see to get rid of it.

@momof3girlz4750CA87-D761-4F3F-8EB8-18FC8776E2B5.thumb.jpeg.31926c936bcb9fba3ef6e0cf39a5ce47.jpeg

Edited by Sheal

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Mac n Cheese (aka yellow death) (baked or stove top), hot dogs, bologna (fried or cold), swiss cheese, rye bread, sauerkraut, coleslaw, cabbage (cooked or raw), onions (raw or fried) mushrooms (sauteed or deep fried), pes (cooked, not cooked or frozen) yum to all of them.   

Yes to Mac and cheese,hot dogs,bologna,Swiss cheese,rye bread,sauerkraut,coleslaw,,no to everything else.

• Haha 1

@jagsfan Mimi, with that list I would need to start showering on Sunday night to be done by Tuesday.

We will all be thinking of you!

@KeksieHas anyone told you how gorgeous that Samantha is?  LOL, only about 100 times.  I can't wait to see her in 6 months.  When my sister went to adopt her cat the shelter had 2 coon cat siblings.  I thought the volunteer was joking when they said how big they would get.  My sister let my daughter help pick out her cat.  My best description of it is that it looks like a crazy quilt with the strange colors.  Unfortunately that cat never got past the shy stage.  It only comes out when DS and BIL are home.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I wanted a ginger kitty this time, too. We actually tried to adopt a couple of different ginger cats and they fell through for one reason or another. Then we met our new kitty through a rescue, and she made it obvious that she really wanted to go home with us. So that's how we ended up with a second tabby instead of a ginger. She is the sweetest thing. She sits by each of us in turn every evening and sleeps on the foot of our bed. She follows me around making adorable chirping/trilling noises, just talking to me all the time. It's only been a few days, but we love her already.

We rescued cats in the 60’s and gave them to people after we cleaned and bathed them,fed them,had them checked by the local vet and got their shots.The problem was not to get attached to them which was extremely difficult.

• Like 2