Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

On Harmony almost every place felt low capacity except the WJ.  Also we would get turned around and walk in the exits.  Although sometimes someone was there, we were never asked to scan going in or out.

They are scanning here.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

A little concerned seeing a coyote twice come though our back yard. Luckily the puppies were inside. Got a short clip that I looped. I’m kinda worried.

A2E99E31-8F99-464C-B6AA-CC8D186129C0.gif.f13abede0d51d85c02c1ebdbf6549465.gif

Lots of coyotes and bobcats in my neighborhood have a large green belt a block from our house , very happy that our cats are totally inside cats . Have a approximate ten foot fence around our backyard but bobcats can climb fences . Once I was about to jump in my pool and saw a bobcat walking on top of my fence. 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

A little concerned seeing a coyote twice come though our back yard. Luckily the puppies were inside. Got a short clip that I looped. I’m kinda worried.

I would keep a close watch on the puppies.  He does not seem concerned about being close to humans and I have heard of them snatching up pets even on leashes with the owner close.  

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Rumor is Bomb Cyclone (nor'easter) storm is to start late Friday night into Saturday with hurricane force winds.     If you fly home Sunday afternoon all should be better by then.   If not, then you get to stay in warm sunny Florida for an extra day.    All will be fine.      No worries

I know that worrying is a waste of good vacation time but that is me. I worry about the house, the office, my parents and their house, etc.... I think I have a defective gene on one of my chromosomes.😏

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

I know that worrying is a waste of good vacation time but that is me. I worry about the house, the office, my parents and their house, etc.... I think I have a defective gene on one of my chromosomes.😏

We have a spare room if you want to drive to NW Florida.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Back when I had my teeth whitened and was told to avoid drinking coffee 😱 or use a straw…I bought this.

Reusable Straws Telescopic Metal Travel Straws - Anpro Stainless Steel Drinking Straws, Portable Collapsible Straw with Case & Key chain & Cleaning Brush, 2 Pack https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07TZ41HXZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_TV3ZE5FH7ATRH10TRNC6

And was it @bobmacliberty talking about the Alaska cruise?  He mentioned a salmon bake.  Let’s not forget Alaskan King Crab!!!  We did an excursion that included a crab lunch…OMG…so delicious!!  They gave a prize for the person with the largest tower of shells…

• Like 5

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

That is strange. This storm is shaping up to be a costal storm. I'm about 1 hour directly north of NYC, far enough inland to avoid most of it,  and we are expected to get 3-6 inches of snow on Saturday. 

Of course, if the storm tracks 50 miles to the west, then it'll be 23-26 inches.🤨

I really havent been following the storm reports. Last I heard earlier today is my area will either get 3 to 6 inches or could be up to a foot or more.  Whatever it is our snowblower is ready to go.  I better run out for milk😉

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Don't you just love those paper straws!     They really don't go well with milkshakes from Johnny Rockets.😄

I already bought plastic straws to bring on our cruise.  😉

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

The ones from Starbucks must work better.  One of the officers stopped by one morning and asked them to give him a big handful of straws.  Nothing else.  They must not mess with the ones that Royal supplies. 

Interesting!!

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The Solarium Bestro has been open for all three meals here on Allure.

I sure hope it stays open for our April cruise!

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Well, this time the forecast was spot on. "Breaking news".  People are so happy to see snow....

IMG_6802.thumb.jpg.056c57921aed8fa0aea97c7d5fe986a7.jpg

At the Wailing Wall.

IMG_6805.thumb.jpg.cf81c1136eb5443e36a86fc7a3d2b971.jpg

Just the wall surrounding the old city.

IMG_6804.thumb.jpg.702151bf8b6e5e02cd9a280e6ad64129.jpg

Enjoy your snowstorm, Dani.  Your grandsons must be thrilled!  Is your grandson back in school?

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

I think it was Guliani that cracked down on the squigee people.  That and other minor crimes.  

Guliani did a great job in cleaning up the City.  It's so awful what's become of NYC.😢

Hopefully, the new Mayor can bring the City back, and sooner, rather than later!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

On Saturday or Sunday?

It is supposed to start snowing Friday night and continue into Saturday afternoon.If that should occur with the normal trajectory you may make it home before the snow hits your area.I am sure that you can check this out before boarding your plane.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

They are scanning here.

They scanned in and out everytime on Anthem.  There was only 1 night i hopped in near closing to grab some deserts to put in cabin for late night snack and they didnt scan. 

You just never know where your next meal will come from on a cruise ship so best to hoard some deserts🤪

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

That is strange. This storm is shaping up to be a costal storm. I'm about 1 hour directly north of NYC, far enough inland to avoid most of it,  and we are expected to get 3-6 inches of snow on Saturday. 

Of course, if the storm tracks 50 miles to the west, then it'll be 23-26 inches.🤨

On the 6PM news there was a report that parts of NYC ,such as Queens may not get any snow and Eastern Long Island may get the most snow of the lower NY area.

26 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is supposed to start snowing Friday night and continue into Saturday afternoon.If that should occur with the normal trajectory you may make it home before the snow hits your area.I am sure that you can check this out before boarding your plane.

I'm not flying until Sunday.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I really havent been following the storm reports. Last I heard earlier today is my area will either get 3 to 6 inches or could be up to a foot or more.  Whatever it is our snowblower is ready to go.  I better run out for milk😉

The original plan for this weekend was to have our grandkids and the grand puppy sleep here Friday night while their parents were to go to CT.We have loads of goodies .Now I guess we will be forced to eat the goodies since the sleepover was cancelled.😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Thanks! I have emailed ours to us and put them in a folder on our phones. I wish Florida had an app on general principles.
a few months ago, I tried to put our cards in the Wallet and it wanted to treat them like credit cards. I need to sit down and work on it. 

I had no trouble putting our Heathrow Express tickets in it!

Of course, I was 3 years younger and smarter then!

Mimi, DH just explained it in more detail because I missed a important note in the original instructions. It starts by having that 401 app we have and then going from there.  So, without that app he isnt't sure how to get the card into the wallet.  Nice thing about the app is that it has the QR and by snapping a photo it recognized it and asked if he wanted to add to his wallet.   Once he did it asked if he wanted to add it to his wallet.  Good luck.  We might have killed some brain cells figuring out how to do it but it is done.

22 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

LOL.  I like the Fairlife milk for its stability and my daughter told me the other day it was on sale.  Normally I would go on Friday but I already wrote off that expedition.  I stopped and picked it up, along with a pizza and some other necessities, like the shoes I ordered from DSW.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I already bought plastic straws to bring on our cruise.  😉

Interesting!!

I sure hope it stays open for our April cruise!

Enjoy your snowstorm, Dani.  Your grandsons must be thrilled!  Is your grandson back in school?

Guliani did a great job in cleaning up the City.  It's so awful what's become of NYC.😢

Hopefully, the new Mayor can bring the City back, and sooner, rather than later!

My son in law who lives in LI has a good friend who is a high ranking Port Authority Police Officer.Prior to the election the guy said that if Adams becomes Mayor he will have the support of the NYPD.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm not flying until Sunday.

If it is a late morning or afternoon flight you should be fine.  No worries.  Ignore weather here till it's time to deal with it.

You're still able to type so you havent had enough painkillers or martinis yet.

What's on schedule for tomorrow?  St Kitts?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

They scanned in and out everytime on Anthem.  There was only 1 night i hopped in near closing to grab some deserts to put in cabin for late night snack and they didnt scan. 

You just never know where your next meal will come from on a cruise ship so best to hoard some deserts🤪

This is a problem with cruise ships. There can be a 15 minutes time period when food is hard to come by, especially at 3AM. Best to be prepared.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7