Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If you have a convection oven you can use it as an air fryer.    This way you can fit a lot more in your oven then a countertop air fryer.   

My girls all have air fryers.  We don’t but have a convection oven.  I have read convection can be used like that but haven’t read enough to figure out.  Do you basically handle them the same way?  I just got my regular fryer back from my daughter.  I am wanting to try to fry some nice fish like Graham’s pics.  Can you do that with an air fryer?

btw, just started my pepper seeds this morning.  I will start the other seeds in a couple weeks.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

My daughter is a permanent resident of FL but is working in IL as a travel nurse.  If she travels to any state that has state income tax she has to file.

Yes, in her case that is correct way to file as she collected payment for services she rendered in the State of IL or whatever state it may be.     

In my case, I work for a nationwide company that is headquartered in OH and my pay is from OH but I do not have to file an OH state tax return.    I file my state return for PA where I live.    

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My girls all have air fryers.  We don’t but have a convection oven.  I have read convection can be used like that but haven’t read enough to figure out.  Do you basically handle them the same way?  I just got my regular fryer back from my daughter.  I am wanting to try to fry some nice fish like Graham’s pics.  Can you do that with an air fryer?

btw, just started my pepper seeds this morning.  I will start the other seeds in a couple weeks.

To convert your convection oven to an air fryer first you want to use a cookie sheet with a wire / mesh rack on top of it for air to circulate evenly in the oven.      

Set your oven to convection option which should turn on the oven fan.    This can vary depending on age/type of oven some may require you to turn on oven fan separately.

Then basically cook like you would with your air fryer 

I made fish n chips over the weekend with some fresh halibut I got at food store on Saturday.    I thought it was delicious with my air fryer.  Just be careful with your time and temp so the fish stays moist but the coating is crispy.   

We held off on seed planting after reading the various dates for our zone.   probably will start the peppers and eggplant the weekend of 2.19 or 2.26

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

To convert your convection oven to an air fryer first you want to use a cookie sheet with a wire / mesh rack on top of it for air to circulate evenly in the oven.      

Our convection has 4 settings; Bake, Broil, Roast and Easy Convect.  The fan is automatic.  It’s about 1 1/2 years old.  Did the fish taste much different from a regular fry?  I have fried bacon 🥓 the way you describe.  Soooo good.

The excitement is building for the garden.  I have to figure out how to get 16 ft cattle panel to the house.  Not going to fit in the back of the truck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

What a great idea 

We stayed in a condo in the mountains if NC when our granddaughters were about 5 and 7. 
As Floridians, we weren’t going to buy sleds, but went to the sledding hill anyway. 
At the bottom was an assortment of sleds, but also skylights, shovels a large bottom would fit into, and other odds and ends that would slide. 
The sign said enjoy using them, return them when you go home, and add anything you won’t need again!

Because it was at the bottom, it was easy to return them. I don’t know how many would have returned them if they were at the top!

Our granddaughters had the time of their lives trying out everything!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We love thin crust.  What we do to make it work is preheat the oven to 550° with a stone in it.  Usually is done in 7 to 8 minutes.  I am preheating it now to have some for lunch!

That preheated stone makes pizza so much better, doesn’t it!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Nice looking battle scar. Nauseous today from anesthesia already thrown up twice. Looks  like no lunch for me.

2E34FA23-5DFD-4562-8439-787A336A14AD.thumb.jpeg.5144474efe2280d2bec61ff26b38a347.jpeg

Wow! I didn’t get to see mine for weeks! 
Now I know what I missed, and happy I did!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Hello from Dubai,

Greg, glad you’re posting and “joking” with your nurses.

No easy feat to be a tourist again… 😁 After 2.5 years of no travel abroad, we kinda lost “our touch”… We’re big fans of public transportation, buses and metros, mingling with locals. Now DH opted for taxis only, it’s slower and different.

Dubai is a big city and the attractions are quite spread out. Our original plan was for DH to take one or two tours for amateur photographers, to “hit” all the photo opp stops. After overcoming all the hoops before the trip, he read again the “small letters” prior to booking and ONLY then realized that someone will take pics of him and not vice versa. A big “no-no” for him….

So now we kinda of improvise, but all is good. We’re “breathing” again and yesterday we went to one of our fav chains — Wagamama — for a bit of ramen. Today — a Greek giro.

I’ve picked an excellent hotel at a very reasonable rate (for Dubai, that is) and refundable to boot. I’ve rebooked every time the rates dropped (from 6100 AED to 4100 AED) for 5 nights, including an excellent buffet breakfast. I rely a lot on TripAdvisor and the reviews didn’t disappoint. This morning I ate my 1st eggs Benedict and not on a cruise.

Since I’m with my IPad and IPhone, I’ll posts the pics separately, from the IPhone. Today we visited the Magical Gardens. I’m a “sucker” for flowers and the gardens were indeed magic.

Also a pic from our room, Dubai at night.

• Like 27

30 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

That preheated stone makes pizza so much better, doesn’t it!

Here’s lunch. One half I added pesto and pepperoni.  Last summer I made a bunch of pizza and froze.  I also made roasted tomatoes.  I missed labeling a couple of the roasted tomato bags.  Today I used one.  I was not sure if it was tomato sauce or RT until I thawed it.  So I used the RT instead of PS.  It is real good. I will use the roasted tomato as sauce again.

42B5BB5F-2229-41B0-B6CF-F1C2C229A370.thumb.jpeg.0db0d5c81e1aa44fe51226f13d4b2629.jpeg

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Hello from Dubai,

No easy feat to be a tourist again… 😁 After 2.5 years of no travel abroad, we kinda lost “our touch”… We’re big fans of public transportation, buses and metros, mingling with locals. Now DH opted for taxis only, it’s slower and different.

Dubai is a big city and the attractions are quite spread out. Our original plan was for DH to take one or two tours for amateur photographers, to “hit” all the photo opp stops. After overcoming all the hoops before the trip, he read again the “small letters” prior to booking and ONLY then realized that someone will take pics of him and not vice versa. A big “no-no” for him….

So now we kinda of improvise, but all is good. We’re “breathing” again and yesterday we went to one of our fav chains — Wagamama — for a bit of ramen. Today — a Greek giro.

I’ve picked an excellent hotel at a very reasonable rate (for Dubai, that is) and refundable to boot. I’ve rebooked every time the rates dropped (from 6100 AED to 4100 AED) for 5 nights, including an excellent buffet breakfast. I rely a lot on TripAdvisor and the reviews didn’t disappoint. This morning I ate my 1st eggs Benedict and not on a cruise.

Since I’m with my IPad and IPhone, I’ll posts the pics separately, from the IPhone. Today we visited the Magical Gardens. I’m a “sucker” for flowers and the gardens were indeed magic.

So happy for you Dani!  Glad you made it safe and y’all are able to adjust and enjoy.  Looking forward to the pics.  The pics you post a always great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sgmn said:

I'm still cutting DHs hair, started in lockdown,getting pretty good at it now. Having said that I'm off to my expensive hairdresser this evening. Its my one luxury 😉

My better half trimmed my beard several times and wanted to do it again but she wanted to cut it super short.Instead I went to the barber and asked him to cut it super short.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

11 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Hello from Dubai,

Glad you are having a great time, you deserve it.  I loved goi g to wagamama’s when ever I was in London.   It’s surprised to see one in Boston when I was. Walking around on a cruise stop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Well, I can recommend Red Baron or any rising crust pizza.

For free, I'll go out in my jammies and get it. I mean, if college kids can do that, why can't I?

I have a neighbor who is a dentist.He walks outside in shorts even in freezing cold weather.You should be able to dress any way you desire.

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Ok enough of my boring rambling. Now back to our regular scheduled programming.

2A155706-717B-4098-9242-D1E9B6511E14.png

There will be some, probably not here, that will not get what that image means. 

Glad to see that you are up and moving. So far, so good.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Greg’s bottle reminds me of the time my daughter tried to convince me to spend NYE in Times Square waiting for the ball drop.  I gave her a hard no. Explained I had no desire to spend hours and hours in a pen frozen and not going to use a sheewee.  “Eeew Mum”

I was in Times Square to see 1963 come in.There is nothing comparable.