Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good morning from Sydney, where our first International arrivals are being welcomed today after our borders re-opened (expecting 20 flights).  Passengers were welcomed with Tim tams & jars of vegemite AND the news that all us Sydneysiders  woke up to this morning- the sudden shut down of our entire rail network…..

7FEC9D69-89B4-4182-B11F-97A205088242.jpeg

I read you are open now, great news. 

What happened to the rail network?

Edited to say that you've explained it was a work dispute

Hope it's over soon. Our rail unions are some of the strongest unions in the country and the staff, especially London underground, have very good pay and work benefits 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, George C said:

Another great day on our cruise, Air Supply was super entertaining, great dinner at Le Petit Chef, then fantastic concert with Kate Taylor ( James sister) then Maria Muldaur who was totally fantastic,  she was funny talking about playing with Bob Dylan but said she called him and he couldn’t make this concert, then sang a couple of his songs, she was extremely friendly and will post a picture later of me and her. 

Sounds like you are having a wonderful cruise and your stateroom looks fantastic.  Think I would be saying 'wow' too

• Like 1

So yesterday my son had popped into the Chinese take-away for supper . Right next door was a fish and chip takeaway which being Sunday was closed. When he was in the Chinese a car lost control and slammed into the fish and chip shop.  Thankfully nobody seemed hurt but just goes to show how random life is. A second later and it could of been the Chinese he hit

IMG-20220220-WA0005.thumb.jpg.7d2535bac31e722fb907ae703920ce42.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 9

48 minutes ago, sgmn said:

So yesterday my son had popped into the Chinese take-away for supper . Right next door was a fish and chip takeaway which being Sunday was closed. When he was in the Chinese a car lost control and slammed into the fish and chip shop.  Thankfully nobody seemed hurt but just goes to show how random life is. A second later and it could of been the Chinese he hit

OMG Sue.  That is so scary on so many levels.  Thank goodness it was that shop and it was closed. I think your son should buy a lottery ticket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

OMG Sue.  That is so scary on so many levels.  Thank goodness it was that shop and it was closed. I think your son should buy a lottery ticket.

Ha, I call him lucky Nick as he just is on so many levels 

• Like 3

Hope everyone who tested positive has mild symptoms.  And hope that those playing the waiting game escape from it.  It really is the luck of the draw.  Our daughter, SIL, and grandkids all tested positive, and we were with them for an extended period.  Neither of us tested positive.  Granddaughter had no symptoms at all, yet her test showed the second line immediately. They are all over it.

Today is no school, so we have our grandkids today.  Off to have fun now.   And speaking of fun, this summer will be the summer of fun 2.0.  Our California grandson had so much fun with us last year, that he is coming for the summer!

• Like 15

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Oops, sorry to hear. I hope his symptoms are mild. Are there isolation rules in Canada?

That's the hardest part if he's not feeling too bad.  

It took me 5 days to test positive from my catching it so possibility he could of got it from school 

Hope you and Lisa stay well 

There are lots of isolation rules here. Canada is far behind England in the lessening of restrictions.  Owen did well yesterday.  He had some coughing, red checks and no temp issues during the day. Lisa and I will test for the next few days to keep up on it. If we do rapid test positive then we want to make sure we get positive swab results for travel ease. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 6

17 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Yeah, that makes no sense. I thought the object of the game was to have the stone curl, since that's the name of the game.

The sweeping action causes the ice to melt a little bit, which makes it slipperier.  When the ice is slippery, there's less friction so less for the bottom of the stone to "grab" allowing it to curve.  With less friction, the spinning stone just travels straight.  It makes more sense to my once when explained that way.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

That is indeed scary.  Did they say why the car crashed?

14 minutes ago, George C said:

Here I am with Maria Muldaur , this afternoon we see Mellisa Manchester then “little river band”

image.jpeg.4a3a1f92f460fc24bf7cb009c8ed0297.jpeg

Do they have sessions set up when you can meet the musicians?  I'm wondering if that's all part of such a cruise in addition to seeing them perform.  Or maybe your suite status gives you access?

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

That is indeed scary.  Did they say why the car crashed?

No he didn't see it happen, he was in the Chinese next door, it's a one way road with two lanes. He thinks he was going too fast, changed lanes and lost control. Its in town so the speed limit is probably 30 mph but 🤷‍♀️

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

There are lots of isolation rules here. Canada is far behind England in the lessening of restrictions.  Owen did well yesterday.  He had some coughing, red checks and no temp issues during the day. Lisa and I will test for the next few days to keep up on it. If we do rapid test positive then we want to make sure we get positive swab results for travel ease. 

Here we have to self isolate for 10 days but can test to release on day 5 and 6. If they are negative you can end isolation. My SIL is on day 8 and still testing positive. My day 5 is tomorrow so fingers crossed 🤞

Having said that there's announcements today that apparently are going to throw the rule book out the window. 

I'm glad Owen isn't too poorly 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

For what it’s worth, you and Lisa could possibly remain negative even though you were exposed from Owen.    My SIL attended a small family wedding on New Years Eve.  My daughter & 2 granddaughters didn’t go.  A few days later he had mild symptoms and tested positive. He didn’t isolate from them, figuring they had already been together before his symptoms appeared & they were therefore likely already exposed.  The 2 little ones had some cold symptoms a few days later but repeatedly tested negative.  They & my daughter apparently never caught it from him.  But they did end up getting it

just recently from an exposure at daycare.  It really is a cr*# shoot. 

I hope Owen recovers quickly. 

Back in January 2020, my DIL had a really bad cold, bad enough to keep her in bed for a couple of days. My son didn’t worry about catching it, so he continued sharing the bed with her. 
She got over it, he didn’t get it. 
In September of 2020 everyone in her office was given COVID tests (she was negative) and then antibody tests. 
She was loaded with antibodies. 
Because Kathi didn’t even know about COVID  when she had it, she never quarantined. As far as they’re aware, nobody was infected by her. 

• Like 4