Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Ozark_KidHey John,   I received my inflatable pool noodles yesterday.    We just tried to blow one up and OMG it was taking forever.     Have you or anyone else ever used these portable air pumps such as this one

https://www.flextailgear.com/products/tiny-pump-x

I see several different kinds on amazon.     Any suggestions are welcome.

The aqua safes were out of stock so I ended up buying one of these on amazon.

Portable Masterlock safe 5900d 

I can fit my phone, camera and small wallet.      Eric may have to get his own😁

I bet you will love the noodles.  So relaxing floating around on them.  Ours were a challenge to blow up too.  We have learned to bite down on the opening while blowing them up.  With ours they are made so the air will not escape easy so when you bite down on them about half way they open up.  I was not able to open the pump link.  We have not used a pump on ours.

I looked up the Portable Masterlock.  I think you will like it.  It looks like it will be easier to attach to a chair.    

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I tend to think players who end up getting penalties are just playing hard. Nothing wrong with that.

Agreed. One was a had call and the other was a play made out of necessity.  It stopped a one on goalie breakaway by the other team. However, they ended up scoring a minute later while Owen was in the box. Just goes that was some days. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Was that in NYS ?

Yes, Northern Westchester County, about 45 minutes north of NYC.

It doesn't hurt that it also serves several very affluent towns nearby so there are many wealthy benefactors. Valet parking (extra $$$) and concierge service is also available. The food menu for patients is 4 pages long and has something for everyone, including some surprising unhealthy choices.   Even though I was just a visitor, they offered me food as well. A very tasty & free Chicken Caesar wrap.

Had to pay for the parking garage, though

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Our 10 years old 40 inch Sony TV has lost its sound....😢

DH just declared we'll splurge for a new 50 inch 🤪. Let's the market research begin 😎

LG OLED TV's are getting rave reviews. You might want at least a 55 inch TV.

And that is the extent of my TV knowledge. 😜

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We only went on two cruises when we were working .After we both retired we began cruising on the average 3 a year.

We did a lot of non cruise vacations during our working years .

While working we did more family land vacations than cruises.  When Sharon retired 2 1/2 years ago we planned to start traveling the world including some TA cruises.  We are really wanting to get back to living the dream but not yet wanting to deal with the restrictions.  It is encouraging to see reviews of Crystal and Nate traveling.  I think making it to Fiji some day will be fulfilling.  Time will tell.  Watching the live reviews of Wonder is getting tempting too.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

LG OLED TV's are getting rave reviews. You might want at least a 55 inch TV.

And that is the extent of my TV knowledge. 😜

Thanks, hubby says the OLEDs are the "latest cry" right now.. with a nice tag attached.

Just looked at one: LG OLED 55" - 1100$. I don't know if in the US this is a "regular" price or an "expensive" one....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Happy birthday Mark! Your cruise is a great way to celebrate. Cheers to you on your special day!

I was wondering where my shirt went? Thief…Thief….

I tend to think players who end up getting penalties are just playing hard. Nothing wrong with that.

If you’re not aggressive in ice hockey, you’re not really playing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

DH just declared we'll splurge for a new 50 inch 🤪. Let's the market research begin 😎

Our 55” is 14 years old, and suddenly has only one volume, which, luckily for us, is where we had it. 
Dick is making noises about replacing it, but I have other places I’d rather put the money! 🛳🛳🛳

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, hubby says the OLEDs are the "latest cry" right now.. with a nice tag attached.

Just looked at one: LG OLED 55" - 1100$. I don't know if in the US this is a "regular" price or an "expensive" one....

2 years ago our tv went out about the time our government sent us our first stimulus check.  We used it to buy a 65" LG OLED.  We love it.  Our neighbor said he has not found a tv that matched the quality of his old plasma tv.  He looked at ours and says he thought it was the first that beat plasma.  OLED looks so good because they are not back lit.  Each individual pixel turns off and on.  When showing black the pixels in the black area just turn off.  With such small pixels you can view very close without noticing individual pixels.  You don’t need to sit as far from a tv like you used to.  And the tv is super thin. It’s thinner than my phone.  LG offers different quality of tvs within each OLED size.  The base is wide so check out the base size compared to what you will sit it on.

Here is a comparison of the thickness of my phone with a thin case and the tv.  It was a bit of a challenge to take that pic with my iPad.

8EE61654-6658-45D0-9072-2B789FED41DC.thumb.jpeg.f9f4c9dcf838d65386e812c67e90ee46.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Our 55” is 14 years old, and suddenly has only one volume, which, luckily for us, is where we had it. 
Dick is making noises about replacing it, but I have other places I’d rather put the money! 🛳🛳🛳

Whenever we consider redoing the kitchen we hit pause and go on vacation.  

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

@LucasLikesToCruise I hope you and your home are not in the area of the Panhandle threatened by the fires. 
And that rainy weather comes soon. 

Thanks for the concern.  The wildfires are in Bay County over in Panama City.  I’m inFort Walton Beach about 65 miles west of there.  Just a regular sunny day here. We are surrounded by woods here, all owned by the Air Force, but so far so good here. 😎

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Have you or anyone else ever used these portable air pumps such as this one

https://www.flextailgear.com/products/tiny-pump-x

I see several different kinds on amazon.     Any suggestions are welcome.

I tried again to get on flextailgear website but it says the server is down.  So I looked up the tiny pump on Amazon.  They look nice and would be easy to bring on a trip.  There were a few to choose from.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.  I have found a great way to celebrate the day.  

Maybe Next Cruise can help with next year’s. 

I think that would be a great way to celebrate your birthday. It’s like the gift that keeps on giving. Happy Birthday to you as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

28 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I had that happen to my four year old 58” Samsung.  The sound would not change from a very low volume.  Luckily I was able to buy a Bose soundbar on sale at Sams Club and plug it in with the optical cable and all was fixed.  I wasn’t ready to go out and buy a new tv yet.  

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.  I have found a great way to celebrate the day.  

Maybe Next Cruise can help with next year’s. 

Happy Birthday! An annual birthday cruise sounds like a great idea. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Yes, Northern Westchester County, about 45 minutes north of NYC.

It doesn't hurt that it also serves several very affluent towns nearby so there are many wealthy benefactors. Valet parking (extra $$$) and concierge service is also available. The food menu for patients is 4 pages long and has something for everyone, including some surprising unhealthy choices.   Even though I was just a visitor, they offered me food as well. A very tasty & free Chicken Caesar wrap.

Had to pay for the parking garage, though

I have friends and relatives living in Northern Westchester .I believe I was visiting a patient in a hospital there in 2017 ,perhaps the same one.

• Like 1

Just got back from the final day of the car show...the official Concours d'Elegance today.  I was very impressed with the cars that I saw in yesterday's cars and caffeine, but today blew me away.  Cars today were absolutely pristine and often had a lot of historical significance.  Race cars that have won the 24 hours of LeMans, and Nascar races (cars driven by Richard Petty, Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr, David Pearson), a prototype Porsche 901 that was the precursor to all 911s, many classic cars that are literally one of a kind, or one of only 12 ever made.  Wow.

We are spent.  We only put in about 9000 steps but we were on our feet for 6 hours.  After 2.5 days of that, my back needs a break.  I'll organize my pics a bit and post some from today, but that probably won't happen until tomorrow.  I took a lot of videos of the awards ceremony but I'm hoping that their broadcast of the awards (much better quality than me) will be posted, and I can just post a link here for those who are interested.  

Jets are still taking off over our house.  I looked at Flight Aware and there have been 60 departures today...guessing that about 50 are jets or dual turbo-props.  More still schedule to depart tonight.  Now THAT'S the way to travel to a car show.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I’ll echo what others have said, OLED is the the way to go. You may pay more but the picture quality is amazing. I’m a Sony guy and always buy their brands. Just don’t buy the cheapest or a brand that’s not well known. Also make sure it’s a smart tv and has the ability to download individual apps. Some of them already come with Netflix and Hulu apps installed. I hope this helps.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ok. I posted this a few years back and saved the answer.   Now all would be great if I remembered where I saved it. So my question is??????

What is the exact email address for

concierge on Allure of the Seas. 

Ty

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I tried again to get on flextailgear website but it says the server is down.  So I looked up the tiny pump on Amazon.  They look nice and would be easy to bring on a trip.  There were a few to choose from.

I went ahead and ordered one of air pumps on amazon.  Should be here by Tuesday.  I'll let you know if it works.   

Yes, I tried biting down when blowing up one of the noodles and that did help but the pump should hopefully blow one up in a matter of seconds and there is an option to deflate with the pump too.

I'm sure we will love floating around with them.  Our Son will probably think we are nuts until he sees I got them noodles too🤪

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

I had that happen to my four year old 58” Samsung.  The sound would not change from a very low volume.  Luckily I was able to buy a Bose soundbar on sale at Sams Club and plug it in with the optical cable and all was fixed.  I wasn’t ready to go out and buy a new tv yet.  

If he starts putting his shoes on, I’ll quickly mention a sound bar. Much cheaper than a new tv!

• Like 3