Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Trying to post a video commemorating Israel Holocaust Remembrance Day.  First image is a still picture, one below is a video.  With my technical "expertise" anything goes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/israel-halts-for-holocaust-day-honors-6-million-jews-killed/ar-AAWHerb?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=7b769213709c4b76a504370b400226a3

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

@Ocean BoyI hope you set your DVR to record Survivor before you left for your cruise!!

I was thinking of OB last night also😉

15 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks for sharing Ava is doing well.  Great that all has turned out well for her.

Thank you, John!  Debbie had asked about seeing a picture of Ava in her prom dress.  I talked to my daughter and she said she will try to help me do just that.  I showed her the instructions from Graham for my android phone.  Here's hoping I can learn this!.LOL!

14 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

After tonight, I might be done with survivor.  On the upside, I will be gone on vacation for two weeks and I might forget the trainwreck. 

Jim said the same thing.  My stomach was in knots during tribal when Drea started this conversation.

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Holocaust Remembrance Day -- standing for 2 minutes in memory of the victims.

image.thumb.jpeg.f037601dffc282da50c04e6d48aedd57.jpeg

😢Dani, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.🙏

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Well let me just say I have no Idea what brought that drama on at the second tribal counsel.

Both my DH and me could not believe they let it go on and on and on.

I was totally taken aback.

I wonder how the ratings will be affected.  Maybe they needed that to help the ratings, but at what cost!!!!!!

For me, I wonder if I will be looking for a new show next season.

I mean everyone has their own opinion, and they are just in having that, and I respect that,  and they also have their own rights, but enough is enough.

Tired of this.  Jim just said, "If I wanted to be "Woke", I'd get an alarm clock.  Survivor is supposed to be entertainment".  So, there's that......

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

After tonight, I might be done with survivor.  On the upside, I will be gone on vacation for two weeks and I might forget the trainwreck. 

We also were very unhappy with this episode, I feel the "discussion" was not appropriate for this situation.  That Tribal will be a topid of discussion for a long time.  Enough said.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Well let me just say I have no Idea what brought that drama on at the second tribal counsel.

Both my DH and me could not believe they let it go on and on and on.

I was totally taken aback.

I wonder how the ratings will be affected.  Maybe they needed that to help the ratings, but at what cost!!!!!!

For me, I wonder if I will be looking for a new show next season.

I mean everyone has their own opinion, and they are just in having that, and I respect that,  and they also have their own rights, but enough is enough.

Take care

I gave up on Survivor many years ago then went back.I tried watching a new show on Netflix last night but in my opinion it was pure garbage.The name cannot be posted on here but it began with the letter B and ended with T.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Tonight I'm going to try a Key Lime martini based on a recommendation from someone last night. I mean what else do I have to think about at 9:30 AM?😯😐😊

I had a Key Lime Colada at a restaurant in Naples.  OMG!!!!!

4 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Speaking of crape myrtles, our house has over a dozen of all colors - white, light pink, dark pink, lavender. I love it. They bloom all summer. 

IMG_6229-2.thumb.jpg.484ee9b24600d555cff15384ab8e7655.jpg

Beautiful!

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

91015CBA-6965-459A-B480-C5A41BBC802F.thumb.jpeg.dc9bca5976e08d872cc3d5d5224d7215.jpeg

I sure do love your pups, Greg!

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

May we never forget.

Amen to that, Bonnie😢

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We had put fieldstone like this on a corner wall that looked it should have had a fireplace there.  We put an antique player piano in front of it when we were done.  We also completely bricked one of the walls in our living room.  Seeing this, which reminds me of our old home, is making me nostalgic for the home we so loved and sold.  Oh well...moving on...

Original Owners at our house had a tube tv in that (hole)space, we are going to pad that out flush so  our bricks will be complete from top of fireplace to  the ceiling.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Speaking of crape myrtles, our house has over a dozen of all colors - white, light pink, dark pink, lavender. I love it. They bloom all summer. 

IMG_6229-2.thumb.jpg.484ee9b24600d555cff15384ab8e7655.jpg

IMG_6257.thumb.jpg.c025c8702f545d81ba29a187316b0ada.jpg

IMG_6250.thumb.jpg.3122f883ba8fccd87b660fb731d1efde.jpg

Very  Nice, wish we had a more of them. Really like the pink ones.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Trying to post a video commemorating Israel Holocaust Remembrance Day.  First image is a still picture, one below is a video.  With my technical "expertise" anything goes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/israel-halts-for-holocaust-day-honors-6-million-jews-killed/ar-AAWHerb?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=7b769213709c4b76a504370b400226a3

This video gave me chills, Bonnie.  Thank you for sharing.🌹

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Was it good? Who got booted?

They were in groups of five at the immunity challenge .There were two evictions .One group had Rocksroy who was booted.The other group had Maryanne and Drea.The implication of the two women of color was that Rocks was booted because he is black.They said that neither one of them could vote to have a black person leave and they both played their idols.The other three were Jonathan who won the challenge ,Tori and Lindsay.By process of elimination Tori left.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Dani.

We have stayed at the West Quay premier Inn many times pre-cruise.

The North Star is the reason Pauline wanted to book Anthem.

Graham.

I'm sure you will enjoy the North Star.   I personally enjoy riding on port days vs sea days.

We, too, love Anthem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ok, I am at Sorrento's eating this only because it is 12:15 AM and I have sufficient alcohol on board to make it acceptable. 

Now... I can't wait for the lecture from a certain person on how good this stuff is.

20220428_001557.thumb.jpg.1b0b2796efd56d2347d5b4b53b77d1cf.jpg

To be totally honest I used to eat the pizza at the Costco I shopped at that my wife said to her tasted like cardboard.I am done giving my opinion on a certain pizza that one can eat on a cruise line.I never get into arguments in real life and I do not want to do so on CC .

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm sure you will enjoy the North Star.   I personally enjoy riding on port days vs sea days.

We, too, love Anthem.

We never wanted to cruise on Anthem.We went almost exclusively on the Grandeur even though we always left from Baltimore and getting to Bayonne is so much easier. In 2018 we met and became friends with a couple on the Grandeur.They booked a cruise on the Anthem for 2019 and urged us to join them and two couples who were friends of theirs .We went on the cruise,loved the Anthem and really liked the peoples friends who were from PA and have since become friends with them,

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Actually, that pizza looks ...ok.   It has cheese melting off the sides which makes it edible.

Being in Israel on Israel's Holocaust Rememberance day is chilling and super solemn.  I will never forget hearing the siren, while a shopkeeper had his hand out to accept my payment.  As the siren sounded, he put his hand down and stood shock still not moving. 

As in Dani's picture, it's amazing to see every single driver stop when the siren is heard to get out of their cars and stand at attention.

May we never forget.

In the area of New York known as The Five Towns you can see that at times as well.Tonight people in the town I reside in will be gathered in one synagogue for the Yom Hashoah (Rememberance) or on Zoom if they cannot physically attend .It is important for the children to view it even though it is sorrowfull.Both of my parents had siblings who died in Concentration Camps and this is something that the world can never forget .We are also there for the people of Ukraine .

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We, too, love Anthem.

My wife and I were on Anthem in March.  We loved the ship, in fact I think we both liked it more than the Oasis class.  We'd do it again but not in the colder months.  My wife hated packing for both cold (for her, 65 degrees is freezing) and warm...it was her only gripe.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here is one of my crepe myrtles.  This one is more like a bush.  20210715_200504.thumb.jpg.8c42376726c849959e409a61faebc86e.jpg

Beautiful, Debbie.  I've never seen one like a bush.  Our crepe myrtle was so huge, we did quite a bit of trimming this past Fall.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Finally able to get the trees close to the deck cut down.  This will help the garden get more sun, give a better view to the pond, help keep the squirrels from jumping onto the roof 30.85 MB · 1 download

How many trees did you have taken down?  We had 8 removed last June.

What a beautiful view of the pond!  Enjoy!

2 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Watch out, they'll take over!!

Stevie bed.jpg

Stevie Maxx bed.jpg

I love this! Our dogs have always slept with us. I just wish Lizzy and Charlie would get potty trained faster.

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I sure do love your pups, Greg!

Thank you Maryann. You would not have loved them last night they were a real pain in the you know what?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

How many trees did you have taken down?  We had 8 removed last June.

What a beautiful view of the pond!  Enjoy!

Just two next to the house this time.  There is a very tall pine in the woods that blocks the sun and sways big on windy days.  He said he would cut it down and push it into the woods for free and another that is growing over the garden he might cur down.  We have taken several trees down in the past at different times for different reasons since we lived there.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Watch out, they'll take over!!

Stevie bed.jpg

Stevie Maxx bed.jpg

Oliver tries to take over the bed at night, luckily, when I say “scoot” he will either go down to the corner of the bed and let me roll over, or he will jump down and go take over his half of the couch like he does most days. 
61D9AFF9-3D82-4AEC-A232-81C2FF8A80C6.thumb.jpeg.36346d0e6af7f970c08433e7b9f8a5df.jpeg

One of the weirdest things he does is, if I get up in the middle of the night to use the rest room he will get up and lick my pillow.  Needless to say,it’s extremely gross to crawl back in bed half asleep and lay your head on a wet pillow. 🤮

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

Owen had another soccer game today. They tied 3/3 but actually came back to lead 3/2 from being down 2/0.  A much better game today. Weather was even summer but just a high of 7C when they were playing. 

On a better note for Owen, it was mid-term mark day. 83 Drama, 83 Geography 93 Gym and 95 English.  He was disappointed that his gym mark was lower than English, LOL. Tomorrow is a PA day, so no school for Owen.  

We are headed to Toronto tomorrow for an overnight, to watch the Blue Jays play Houston. We are lucky enough to have seats first row home plate and row two beside the Jays dugout. Owen is hoping for some signatures and maybe a ball or two. If you are watching on TV we should be approximately where the red circles are. 

4387ABAC-1BDE-4ABB-905C-0FE94B882790.thumb.jpeg.e84282baaf7aa195a075680bf8672dd5.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 17