Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, derorim said:

Thanks for the info on the Copenhagen Card.  Sounds quite useful.  I have a lot of research to do in the next 15 months.  Our cc roll call is extremely active and already organizing group tours.  It's  a bit overwhelming!

We enjoyed Christianborg Palace.  I am not sure about what it is like now since we went in 2014.  There are three different parts to see and they charge for each part (the card got us in all three parts).  There is an under the palace part.  The Palace itself and the carriage house.  On the canal tour we saw the little mermaid but it was at a distance.  There is a lot to see in Copenhagen so research what you would like to do.  We were within walking distance of several of the things we wanted to see. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, derorim said:

No, we are just doing the TA but spending 3 days in Copenhagen before boarding.  We've never been there before (or anywhere in Europe, for that matter), and have never done a TA either.  Taking this cruise is a big step for us.

I believe we will be sailing with you on the Bella cruise, too.

This will also be our first TA, but we have done 2 TP and another coming up in October. Love the longer cruises and sea days. We will also be spending time in Copenhagen before our first cruise so we will miss any get togethers that the group sets up.

1 hour ago, derorim said:

Thanks for the info on the Copenhagen Card.  Sounds quite useful.  I have a lot of research to do in the next 15 months.  Our cc roll call is extremely active and already organizing group tours.  It's  a bit overwhelming!

+1

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Having lived in NYC 60 years and worked in just about every area of Manhattan for more than 50 years I have never had a problem navigating.

18 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I worked in Manhattan 43 years and spent a lot of time after work going to concerts ,sporting events and the theater.When my wife also worked in ManHattan we would often meet and go together.

I thought it was 50 years?

• Haha 4

On 6/8/2022 at 4:26 PM, ReneeFLL said:

…Mike likes the Bosch because it’s top rated in Consumer Reports. It has the third rack but is short. Won’t be able to put much up there. It doesn’t have any water jets that will spray from up underneath the third rack like the KitchenAid. Both of these models have a spray thing that sprays down onto the top rack.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-800-Series-24-in-Stainless-Steel-Top-Control-Tall-Tub-Dishwasher-with-Stainless-Steel-Tub-CrystalDry-42dBA-SHXM78Z55N/310500139

We decided on this one and when Mike was purchasing it online they were out. There was another one for 150.00 more and the only difference we can tell is that it’s a couple decibels quieter. 😏 Mike just went ahead and ordered it. It will be here on Tuesday so we can quit hand washing dishes. Glad this is done and over with.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-800-Series-CrystalDry-40-Decibel-Filtration-Built-In-Dishwasher-Stainless-Steel-Common-24-in-Actual-23-56-in-ENERGY-STAR/1001042086

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

First pizza in Rome, facing the Pantheon. Wifi very weak…

5186A48E-C376-4CD9-BDC5-785C9B6654A5.jpeg

CD7E1F93-E965-470A-9F5A-43A945F41C51.jpeg

Omg! That pizza looks fantastic. Is the crust light and airy or is it more solid and heavy? Light and airy would be tasty. Enjoy your time there and on the cruise.

• Like 2

20220611_123613.thumb.jpg.bb0e717e5306ed408dbea148801cb4da.jpg

This x 2 is what 325 mangos looks like. We had a smaller earlier batch that was ready in April-May and this is the last and most of the second batch. I have a guy that comes from Tampa every year and buys them while he visits family in Hollywood. This year the tree is going to get trimmed back as much as possible. They will only do about 25% trimming unless we use a person who isn't an arborist. So this year it will be 25% and next year another 25%. My Tampa guy won't be happy. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 17

20 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We decided on this one and when Mike was purchasing it online they were out. There was another one for 150.00 more and the only difference we can tell is that it’s a couple decibels quieter. 😏 Mike just went ahead and ordered it. It will be here on Tuesday so we can quit hand washing dishes. Glad this is done and over with.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-800-Series-CrystalDry-40-Decibel-Filtration-Built-In-Dishwasher-Stainless-Steel-Common-24-in-Actual-23-56-in-ENERGY-STAR/1001042086

It sure gets a lot of 5 stars.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 10:46 PM, Sea Dog said:

Hey Dark & Stormy Fans!

I just saw this.

1150970749_FrozenDarkandStormy.thumb.jpeg.1a45764129931cb706ac48ba572035ee.jpeg

Greg - Did you see a more detailed recipe related to the frozen Dark 'n Stormy?  I couldn't find this one online.  I tried 1 oz fresh lime juice, 1 oz ginger syrup, 2 oz Goslings rum, and 2 cups ice in a blender.  It initially looked slushy but then liquid settled out.  Maybe more ice?  The taste was good though.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

That looks very tasty.  Do you plan to do a live thread?  Some occasional posts here?  Nothing until you are done and get home?  A normal person would probably enjoy their holiday and then think about posting online later.  Many of us here are not normal in that way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

8 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It sure gets a lot of 5 stars.

That's one of the reasons Mike liked it. I was ready to flip a coin but the ratings made the decision. These things aren't cheap like they used to be.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

We found great togo pizza between Pantheon and Trevi. Or maybe between Trevi and Forum. It was on the right

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/1/2022 at 5:26 PM, ReneeFLL said:

@Ocean BoyHere is the drink I had mentioned that was a favorite of mine. It’s the one where I said I added so much basil and jalapeño and just blended it in the blender. I haven’t had it in a long time. I came across it at the Miami Rum Renaissance Festival back in 2014.

Passion Fontaine (recipe provided by Dos Maderas)

1 1/2 oz Dos Maderas 5+3

2 basil leaves

1 jalapeño slice

3/4 oz passion fruit purée

3/4 oz simple syrup

1/2 oz fresh lime juice

I made this several days after my post and it was as tasty as ever. Ended up using Pink Pigeon Rum. Neither of us really care for it, but we aren't going to throw it out either. 😃 With the basil and jalapeño you can't taste the rum anyway.

Bad choice of muddler, but it was the first one I grabbed. The smooth bottom one would have been better on the basil leaves. I didn't really care because after the first drink I knew the other ones would end up in the blender. 🤣

20220603_204325.thumb.jpg.b7088e31c1450cdce135a67c4d0e03ed.jpg

20220603_205417.thumb.jpg.7ea9b91e40263b10778ac6e99e66117e.jpg

This is what the drink looks like when making multiples in the blender. Yum. Much quicker and I also add a lot more basil and jalapeño than what the recipe calls for.

20220603_214808.thumb.jpg.a65ff9df4d903e30a9175e780ff34745.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 6

57 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Omg! That pizza looks fantastic. Is the crust light and airy or is it more solid and heavy? Light and airy would be tasty. 

It was light and airy, though the sauce was a bit watery to my taste. We didn’t go there for the food — we went for the location…. and people watching… the essence of the first night in Europe after 3 long years.

• Like 27

38 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Do you plan to do a live thread?  Oh, no, I’m not in that league, far from it…

Some occasional posts here?  Yes, Wi-Fi depending ☹️

Nothing until you are done and get home? That was always the case before I’ve started this thread 😁

• Like 1