Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, NHProud said:

Thank you so much .  Here is a pic taken in flower pot . In the box there is a bunny in upper right , lower right and behind the click circle. 

I will pass on your information to her . 

IMG_3902.jpeg

Very cute!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

I can't get it to play on my phone and I am away from home so don't have access to my laptop.  If I can get a good picture I will contact my boss and get her opinion 

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It won't play on my phone either.

I think it's a screen shot of a video.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

More like into the 21st century since I've never owned a car built after 1997 😁 It's time...

Are you my sister? 😆

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, clochette said:

As others have mentioned mint is very invasive, I have mine in its own planter and it comes back every year, it is currently big enough for many Mojitos.  

As far as chive same thing also comes back, but not invasive, the plant that I have is 20 years old, my now 26 year old daughter got it for me for mother's day at the school sale because it was a pretty purple flower, my favorite "flower" of all time.

I was wondering if the mint comes back each year if it’s in a planter or only if it’s in a garden bed, so thanks for clarifying that.  I never knew mint would return, I’ve always just tossed it at the end of the year so that’s good to know as well.  I was reading up on this Mojito Mint and some comments indicate it has a milder flavor.  I like my mojitos really minty so I’m thinking I will add some regular mint to the planter also. 

• Like 2

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day to play golf.  I saw this egret sitting atop a tree next to the 11th green.  He didn't seem at all bothered by us and continued to clean himself while we putted.  Then he flew away.  Beautiful to watch.  I also saw 2 eagles atop a taller tree on a different hole, but they were too far away for a good picture.  I am so lucky to live in such a beautiful place.

IMG_1300.thumb.JPG.747c7300e6ac25e8f147b9bad57948bc.JPG

• Like 18

I wish there was a forum for talking about surgery…recovery…etc.  I’d love to find such a thing!  Got my soft cast off today and my stitches removed.  I think my leg looks like a swollen mess…but I’m told everything looks great.  Now I have steri-strips on the incisions…an ace bandage and a boot that must weigh fifty pounds.  Boy…and I thought getting about on one leg with the cast was difficult!  I’m supposed to sleep wearing the boot.  Good thing I’ve had two weeks of trying to learn how to sleep flat on my back with the cast.  Called to schedule PT and in two weeks was the earliest appointment.  Wish they’d given me the number to call 10 days ago when I had the surgery…

And George just disappeared into the garage to work on the AC.  Sigh.  We’d had a problem with a clog in the drainage pipe that he’d fixed before my ill fated cruise…turns out he thought he’d fixed it then…fixed it again (differently) when we came home.  No idea what today’s issue is…except I’ve had enough for one day…

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I wish there was a forum for talking about surgery…recovery…etc.  I’d love to find such a thing!  Got my soft cast off today and my stitches removed.  I think my leg looks like a swollen mess…but I’m told everything looks great.  Now I have steri-strips on the incisions…an ace bandage and a boot that must weigh fifty pounds.  Boy…and I thought getting about on one leg with the cast was difficult!  I’m supposed to sleep wearing the boot.  Good thing I’ve had two weeks of trying to learn how to sleep flat on my back with the cast.  Called to schedule PT and in two weeks was the earliest appointment.  Wish they’d given me the number to call 10 days ago when I had the surgery…

And George just disappeared into the garage to work on the AC.  Sigh.  We’d had a problem with a clog in the drainage pipe that he’d fixed before my ill fated cruise…turns out he thought he’d fixed it then…fixed it again (differently) when we came home.  No idea what today’s issue is…except I’ve had enough for one day…

I'm glad they say it looks good but sorry the boot is heavy.  Ugh air problems are no fun and I hope it will be a quick fix.  Take care.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I think my leg looks like a swollen mess…but I’m told everything looks great.

You should have seen my leg after knee replacement. It looked horrible and was really bruised. Surgeon said everything looks great. I would imagine it will start looking better soon. Hang in there. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

❤️‍🩹🙏

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dpostman said:

In March 2017, I was on Anthem, and on formal night, there was a guy with the exact same shirt on, but without the gloves.  That wasn't you was it 😉

dp

That is hilarious and sad at the same time.

Mine is an old T-shirt retired to the work cupboard, with the selves cut off for hot and dirty jobs on the farm. The gloves are even worse. Oil and grease covered from doing nasty jobs with equipment. 

Definitely not me, but if we ever cruise together I’ll be sure to bring my shirt to give that trip down memory lane. 😂

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Haha 9

54 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Part of the issue with your leg (I have no idea about the AC) is when you are in a cast is you get no muscle contraction to help move blood and lymph back up out of the extremity and you get accumulation of fluid. It should start to resolve as you start walking around in the boot. When you sit in a chair, or are lying in bed, it also helps to have the leg elevated so gravity can help move fluid out of the leg too.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I'm glad they say it looks good but sorry the boot is heavy.  Ugh air problems are no fun and I hope it will be a quick fix.  Take care.

If y'all lived in New England you wouldn't even know yet if you had AC problems as there been no need to turn it on.🙂

• Haha 9

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If y'all lived in New England you wouldn't even know yet if you had AC problems as there been no need to turn it on.🙂

However we have no need for snow shovels.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Scripted in what sense ? 
I liked it better before they had fire making to determine who faces the jury.

What I do not like is Jeff talking during the challenges.

For example, they know when and where to look for individual immunity idols, food rewards (do away with those) that are allowed to take others, knowing there will be letters from home (give me a break they are away less than a month). Merges when numbers reach a certain level.

The show needs to go back to how it was in the earlier Survivor shows.

There only should be two going to the final to face the jury like in the past. 

When they go to tribal, they should be voting immediately. They've had plenty of time to discuss who is being voted off before going to tribal. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It should start to resolve as you start walking around in the boot. When you sit in a chair, or are lying in bed, it also helps to have the leg elevated so gravity can help move fluid out of the leg too.

I won’t be walking on/with the boot until the six  non weight bearing weeks are up…June 25…. Whether I’m on the couch or in bed the leg is always elevated.

Called the AC company that installed it and someone is coming out tomorrow afternoon.  🤞

Thanks for all the well wishes!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

What is this AC you people talk about?  I have never lived in a house with AC.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

27 minutes ago, doghog said:

food rewards (do away with those) that are allowed to take others,

When they go to tribal, they should be voting immediately. They've had plenty of time to discuss who is being voted off before going to tribal. 

I remember when the food reward was a can of beans. Is a box of matches still considered a reward?

As for tribal, it seemed as the years went of, Jeff became more privy to some of the one-on-one interviews  and footage of conversations between certain team members. That way he could ask certain questions to "poke the bear" so to speak and  cause dissension in the ranks and maybe sway a vote a certain way. At least, that's how I remember it.

So yeah, I can see how it might be semi-scripted.

22 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

What is this AC you people talk about? 

I live about 3 hours from Atlantic City.  Perfect distance for a weekend trip. Any closer would be bad for my wallet.

That's what I think about when talking about AC.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

32 minutes ago, doghog said:

For example, they know when and where to look for individual immunity idols, food rewards (do away with those) that are allowed to take others, knowing there will be letters from home (give me a break they are away less than a month). Merges when numbers reach a certain level.

The show needs to go back to how it was in the earlier Survivor shows.

There only should be two going to the final to face the jury like in the past. 

I agree. I was a diehard Survivor fan for years but became very disenchanted when they started throwing in all the new “twists “ and stopped watching. The show, for me at least, became less and less of what it started out as and I lost all interest. I keep telling myself I’ll give it another shot someday but haven’t been able to so far. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I was wondering if the mint comes back each year if it’s in a planter or only if it’s in a garden bed, so thanks for clarifying that.  I never knew mint would return, I’ve always just tossed it at the end of the year so that’s good to know as well.  I was reading up on this Mojito Mint and some comments indicate it has a milder flavor.  I like my mojitos really minty so I’m thinking I will add some regular mint to the planter also. 

We always have a deck box full of mint.  I’m not sure what variety we have this year.  DW will know.  Love me a good mojito!image.thumb.jpg.0288bda00d05538352ccb49d8d1e8d1b.jpg  

• Like 9