Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Made it on the Explorer after a not organized bus ride from Venice to Ravenna.  Got to the bus station at 10:30 am for 11am departure.  Long line to board buses, threatening storm coming and we were out in the open.  So, they did move us into a covered area.  Don’t get in bus till 12:30 and arrived at port at 2:30.  Getting on ship was smooth though!  image.thumb.jpg.6482687f2b9764d79c0edf07fd03d4e8.jpg

• Like 26

1 hour ago, George C said:

Saw lots of navy and marines walking since this s fleet week. Walked out at intermission of Hamilton, seats are so small with no leg room, cast was excellent will have to see it in Dallas with a touring company, seats are not designed for a 6’4” 270 pound man. Great pizza last night , will see play “back to the future “ this afternoon.

image.jpeg.bb7d775b25d7bbd1207a5e351e2069cf.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'm 6'0" and this has been a problem for every Broadway show that I've seen.  My knees are right against the seat in front of me.  I can't imagine squeezing in another 4 inches of legroom.  These theaters were built when everyone was a lot smaller. 🤣  Are you staying at the Michelangelo?  That was a great suggestion for our stay in January...especially that Grand Suite.  Enjoy the Bar-Bill Tavern when you get to Buffalo! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Welcome to mulch-a-palooza day 2 … 😂

50 bags down yesterday another 70 today.  Gonna be a hot one too.  

IMG_3238.thumb.jpeg.a508f7d3c6841a9b5f0b5cf43b7c9a2e.jpeg

IMG_3237.thumb.jpeg.662ac06707080b5e3b24683c39e3d455.jpeg

Winner! And I thought my 20 bags of mulch I bought yesterday was a lot.

52 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

Made it on the Explorer after a not organized bus ride from Venice to Ravenna.  Got to the bus station at 10:30 am for 11am departure.  Long line to board buses, threatening storm coming and we were out in the open.  So, they did move us into a covered area.  Don’t get in bus till 12:30 and arrived at port at 2:30.  Getting on ship was smooth though!  image.thumb.jpg.6482687f2b9764d79c0edf07fd03d4e8.jpg

Enjoy! I what are loved Explorer.

17 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Today we want to celebrate our oldest grandson Chris for doing something selfless and generous.  A while back he signed up for one of those "be the match" registries.  Well, they found a match for a patient with non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, and today he starts the process to donate stem cells for a transfusion.  Next week he'll fly to Houston to complete the procedure, which essentially involves several hours of blood donation (for lack of a better explanation) to harvest his stem cells.

I can't even find the words to express my feelings about the most generous gift that Chris is donating to this woman who I'm sure will be eternally grateful for a second chance at life.   Chris, who is 20 years old, is our oldest grandson.  He makes us so very proud!!❤️

Maryann.

Your grandson is doing an amazing thing and you are right to be extremely proud of Chris.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

We have had a lazy day today.

It has been partly sunny and is 60°F at 17.32pm.

I hope everyone is safe and in good health.

Good evening Graham!  Every one deserves a lazy day!  It is 75 degrees and sunny here today, but it sure feels a lot hotter when working outside!  I'm done for the day.😊

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MancGirl21 said:

Yes! We finally won, I wasn’t expecting it. There was a lot of shouting going on here 😃🎉

Congratulations to Manchester United on winning the FA cup.

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for your kind words about my grandson Chris' donation of stem cells.  A big thank you to @bobmacliberty Bob, 🌹@Ozark_Kid John,🌹 @DaniDanielle Marietta,🌹 @h20skibum Mark,🌹 @BonTexasNY Bonnie,🌹 @aussielozzie18 aussie,🌹 @dani negreanu Dani,🌹 @Momof3gurlz Deb,🌹 and @grapau27 Graham.🌹

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, MancGirl21 said:

Yes! We finally won, I wasn’t expecting it. There was a lot of shouting going on here 😃🎉

What a great game!  I too am happily surprised!!  Now I don’t want them to sack Ten Hag!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

What a great game!  I too am happily surprised!!  Now I don’t want them to sack Ten Hag!!

Who knows if he will stay. He didn’t answer any of the questions about his future when asked. Alex Ferguson was going to be sacked before he won the FA cup and he went on to be one of the greats!

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Today we want to celebrate our oldest grandson Chris for doing something selfless and generous.  A while back he signed up for one of those "be the match" registries.  Well, they found a match for a patient with non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, and today he starts the process to donate stem cells for a transfusion.  Next week he'll fly to Houston to complete the procedure, which essentially involves several hours of blood donation (for lack of a better explanation) to harvest his stem cells.

I can't even find the words to express my feelings about the most generous gift that Chris is donating to this woman who I'm sure will be eternally grateful for a second chance at life.   Chris, who is 20 years old, is our oldest grandson.  He makes us so very proud!!❤️

This is wonderful.Maryann

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Welcome to mulch-a-palooza day 2 … 😂

50 bags down yesterday another 70 today.  Gonna be a hot one too.  

IMG_3238.thumb.jpeg.a508f7d3c6841a9b5f0b5cf43b7c9a2e.jpeg

IMG_3237.thumb.jpeg.662ac06707080b5e3b24683c39e3d455.jpeg

That is as many as we put down at our place, but I try to just do it every other year, with a little top dressing in between.

If you had the storm we just had, you probably had some wash away.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

That is as many as we put down at our place, but I try to just do it every other year, with a little top dressing in between.

If you had the storm we just had, you probably had some wash away.

We finished about 45 minutes ago right as the rain started.  perfect timing.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm 6'0" and this has been a problem for every Broadway show that I've seen.  My knees are right against the seat in front of me.  I can't imagine squeezing in another 4 inches of legroom.  These theaters were built when everyone was a lot smaller. 🤣  Are you staying at the Michelangelo?  That was a great suggestion for our stay in January...especially that Grand Suite.  Enjoy the Bar-Bill Tavern when you get to Buffalo! 

Just got back from seeing Back to the Future , very enjoyable play , highly recommend and I bought tickets yesterday from tkts and this theater had plenty of leg room, I have a list of theaters that I will not ever go to again now it’s a little longer . I definitely need to research the leg room whenever possible. Had lunch in a seafood restaurant extremely small oysters but did have an excellent lobster roll. My cousin is playing at Swing 46 most of the night so we will definitely will listen to him possibly a return to Becco. 

• Like 12

Couple of busy days for us.  Getting ready now to drive to our granddaughter’s dance recital tonight.  Four different costume changes for her.  Had to buy our tickets from Ticketmaster, so this must be the big time.

We are in between rain showers, so I hope it holds off till she gets inside the venue so her hair stays nice.

• Like 10

38 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Couple of busy days for us.  Getting ready now to drive to our granddaughter’s dance recital tonight.  Four different costume changes for her.  Had to buy our tickets from Ticketmaster, so this must be the big time.

We are in between rain showers, so I hope it holds off till she gets inside the venue so her hair stays nice.

We just had a hailstorm.  Pretty crazy.  Hail was big & my truck doesn’t fit in the garage sooooo gonna be interesting when i go look at the hood.

Thank goodness we finished the mulch when we did!  That hail woulda hurt like h*** 😂

IMG_3239.thumb.jpeg.a7a62add0de314542c459e425cda0f25.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Andy opened our pool today. It’s a little green but not too bad. IMG_1495.thumb.jpeg.c8478f42c6da4389604aded5f188f703.jpeg

Ellie’s ready even if the pool isn’t.

IMG_1496.thumb.jpeg.767c4bcb2c10c8b7b4fddcd0090fa242.jpeg

Speaking of mulch, we’re in the process of replacing all the mulch around the perimeter of the pool with small stones.  Andy’s tired of the work and expense to put down fresh mulch every year.  
IMG_1497.thumb.jpeg.928cd1eb21d14b66a34214e18449fc1d.jpeg

I also picked up a new trinket this morning. 
IMG_1494.thumb.jpeg.673a9a3325d6ce4ea3582580c8a613c4.jpeg

Still on baby alert. 2 cm dilated as of Friday’s appointment.  

• Like 30

On 5/22/2024 at 4:21 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

Sharon got sushi for me today.   They call it American Dream.

Shrimp tempura roll, avocado, masago, cream cheese topped with spicy crab meat.

20240522_114338.thumb.jpg.394abaf07bd3174f06c0d1df21f0515c.jpg

Speaking of Sushi,  do you know what the Sushi said as the bee flew by?  ......    Wasabi 

Yum, that looks good. We used to belong to Sam’s Club and they made sushi right there. It was very good, but unfortunately we don’t belong there anymore.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Andy opened our pool today. It’s a little green but not too bad. IMG_1495.thumb.jpeg.c8478f42c6da4389604aded5f188f703.jpeg

Ellie’s ready even if the pool isn’t.

IMG_1496.thumb.jpeg.767c4bcb2c10c8b7b4fddcd0090fa242.jpeg

Speaking of mulch, we’re in the process of replacing all the mulch around the perimeter of the pool with small stones.  Andy’s tired of the work and expense to put down fresh mulch every year.  
IMG_1497.thumb.jpeg.928cd1eb21d14b66a34214e18449fc1d.jpeg

I also picked up a new trinket this morning. 
IMG_1494.thumb.jpeg.673a9a3325d6ce4ea3582580c8a613c4.jpeg

Still on baby alert. 2 cm dilated as of Friday’s appointment.  

Nice trinket.  Baby will be here before you know it and then you will blink and they will be off to college

• Like 4