Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Marietta, if you want to give me your #phone (and if you don't have Whatsapp, I can't send you an invite), so that I can alert you quickly, pls. send an email to pninab9 at gmail dot com. Subject: "For Dani". It will be forwarded to me...

The cabin was free at least 2.5 hours, I've checked periodically. BTW, the rate was 5333 including grats.

It is back right now!  None of us should click on it so they can get it.  It pulls it from inventory every time we click on it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

The wife of Toby’s sisters other brother in law is in a hospital with MRSA.

She is 93 years old and is on antibiotics.She and her husband are two of the nicest people I have ever known.

🙏 sending positive thoughts and prayers she is able to fight off MRSA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Not my grass. I went from mowing the law every 4 days to once every 2 weeks. Last time, it was like I was mowing dry, dusty straw. 😀

Weeds in my flower beds and garden are growing like crazy just not my grass.  Yesterday I gave a quick spot mow.  Most of our the lawn is getting very dried out.  We had a little rain last night but other than that it hasn't rained here in a month.

38 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Gone again

Check again early tomorrow morning.   I'm thinking with all of us clicking on options the room gets held up.  I have had that happen when I view a particular cabin online then call and they told me it is gone but then  couple hours later or the next morning it pops back up.  

• Like 3

With well over 20 days of 100+ temps, no rain, I'm sure my area has lawn water restrictions.

A few years ago, we lost our lawn due to the same water restrictions.  At that time there were over 30 days of 100+ temps, no rain.   108 temps tomorrow and Tuesday.

We sold our house 5 years ago for apt. life, so I really don't follow water restrictions too closely.

@George CGeorge and our other Dallas area poster (eek I forgot your name), how are you maintaining your lawns?

• Like 4

12 hours ago, George C said:

That was one of the best plays we had ever seen on broadway, amazing show, would love to see it again.

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Oh how I wish this play was closer to us.

I wish  I could remember where I initially read how the towns people came together to provide for all the passengers that landed on this island.  How they med the needs of all the passengers.

But I remember after all was said and done a significant collection was taken up to give back to the town.

I can only hope this production comes to a playhouse near us.

Thank you so much for sharing.

It brought back memories that got us through this time in history.

Be safe

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

"Come From Away" is a great play. Quite possibly one of the last Broadway plays I went to before the pandemic.  Typically, my wife & I would go 2-3 times a years to the TKTS discount ticket booth in Times Square. They would sell same-day tickets to shows that were not yet sold out so you have to go with an open mind as you won't know which shows are available that day. While waiting in line, a few people were talking about how great the show is so we bought the tickets, not really knowing what to expect.

Great story, great music & acting. Some heavy moments but also a few hopefully and inspirational moments as well.  The Broadway show is scheduled to end this October and now that Broadway has finally lifted the mask mandate, I'm going to try to catch it one more time.  Might have to pay full price this time.

Dozen of YouTube videos that recount the true story as well as clips from the play. Just type in 'Gander 9/11'  into the search bar. Not sure why it hasn't been turned into a movie yet.

The first time I heard about "Come From Away" was when they performed a number at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2017 in front of Macy's.  At that point, I knew I wanted to see it.  The North American Tour was supposed to perform here in 2020 but was suspended because of Covid so we couldn't see it then and it had to be rescheduled until now.  

I didn't know what to expect so after I read the synopsis on Wikipedia before the play (I always have to read the plot before I see anything), I then knew what to expect and I was prepared.  I brought enough tissue with me.  Glad I did.  This play is very touching and emotional.  My poor eyes.  Lol

This was one of the best plays we have ever seen.  It is sad that the Broadway run is going to end October 2022.  Too bad it didn't get much attention like some other plays (Hamilton) and so underrated.  It really deserved more attention.  I hope they will continue the North American tour so people can have the opportunity to see it.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

With well over 20 days of 100+ temps, no rain, I'm sure my area has lawn water restrictions.

A few years ago, we lost our lawn due to the same water restrictions.  At that time there were over 30 days of 100+ temps, no rain.   108 temps tomorrow and Tuesday.

We sold our house 5 years ago for apt. life, so I really don't follow water restrictions too closely.

@George CGeorge and our other Dallas area poster (eek I forgot your name), how are you maintaining your lawns?

Lawn is fine , we run sprinklers a couple times a week and backyard is mostly pool, went to a cool party yesterday there backyard was just huge pool with hot tub and waterfalls and huge covered patio , complete with misting and huge bar with a large screen tv. I had thought our backyard was nice until seeing there’s 😁.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

My view outside right now.  The weather report says light rain in the next hour.

I think our down spout might need some attention. 

What is that liquid rolling off your roof.  It looks like that stuff we used to see when clouds were over the house.   😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Went to a Broadway musical “Come From Away” this afternoon.  It is based on the events in the Newfoundland town of Gander where 38 international aircraft had to be diverted and land at the Gander Airport due to the US airspace being closed because of the terrorist attacks that had just taken place in New York, Washington D.C. and Shanksville, Pennsylvania.  The townsfolk shared tremendous hospitality and kindness to these stranded travelers during that week following the attacks.  It is a heavy theme and very moving but thank goodness there were some light moments in there with a few lively songs and dance numbers.  I had to look up where Gander is.  Just looking at the pictures, I bet it’s beautiful place to visit.

5F43B661-1603-472C-9033-41B64DAFC41B.thumb.png.841f1728f1e592ff091c5cb8a21b0bb0.png

I saw the play,it was great.I have the book too.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, George C said:

There is a air show in Ft Worth every October, they also have either the Thunderbirds or Blue Angels , have done it many years but not recently, the company Shelagh works for always has a couple of large tents and host the Blue Angels or Thunderbirds. 

The town we lived at in the 80's had an Air Force base next to it.  Each year we were anbe to tour the base and see all the planes.  The Thunderbirds put on a show at that time.  It was great.   One year I was golfing when the Thunderbirds rolled in the day before the show.  All golfers stopped as the Thunderbirds did a little pre-show for us.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I do have something in common with a drug dealer. I smuggle my candy in. 😇 A box of M&M cost more than the movie ticket. 

I am a sucker for the 55 gallon bucket of popcorn though. Always fresh and buttery.

I am with you on those large popcorn buckets.  We always get the large ones and a large drink, since those have free refills. 

When we take our grandson, we are probably getting 4 refills at the movies. 

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Excellent news, Graham.

Take care tomorrow, and @sgmn Sue too 🌷

+1

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

So far, so good. Watched the first two. Cute & enjoyable. I may watch next 2 before Tuesday as that is $5 movie night at the local movie theater, typically price is $11.  A pleasant diversion from some of the more heavy & dark shows I've been watching, The Walking Dead & Better Call Saul.

Speaking of which, I keep seeing commercials for another AMC show call Dark Winds. A murder mystery thriller set on Native American reservation. Has anyone watched it?  It looks pretty good.  I never would have guessed that AMC - once known as the Ancient Movie Channel - would be putting out quality TV shows on par with HBO and NetFlix.

I've watched

I watched the show.It has several twists.The lead actor was on the TV show Fargo a few years ago.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thank you! After the earlier posts about Come From Away I was thinking this would be an interesting story to read. My friend Google didn’t find any book by that name and I hadn’t yet searched the more generic “book about Gander 9/11”.  I think I’ll be ordering this from Amazon. 

The author is Jim Defede

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm 56 and probably won't retire for several years.

Eric is 63 and he plans on hanging in with current job and retire around 65.

Many of my friends worked as NYC police officers or with the FDNY .All retired  in their 50’s and found other jobs after a few years due to boredom..

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I just called C+A, they have nothing showing but we are looking at two interior rooms if we can get her friend onboard!

That would be great!    It sure would put a smile on all their faces and have something fun to talk about when they go back to school in September😃

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm 56 and probably won't retire for several years.

Eric is 63 and he plans on hanging in with current job and retire around 65.

Looks like Eric did what I did, married a great young babe and now we both have sweet young ladies to take care of us!  😊 

I hate nights when something gets on my mind.  It keeps me awake sometimes for hours.  Sometimes it's as simple as doing something new in the garden. 

A life changer would be more of a challenge. I'm sure you are already thinking about it but I will through it out incase.   Will the change have any effect on health insurance or retirement plans.  🤔 

Take your time,  I am sure you will make a wise decision. Good luck. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Good luck with your decision.  

As for me, I would never want to go back to working.  Once I retired, I often wondered how I had time to work, since my days have been filled.  

I was downsized at age 53.I was planning to work till at least 75.A friend who was a Postal Inspector and retired at age 49 started a business and had the business until he passed away.He recruited me and others who were out of work due to downsizing.I worked there 5 years and then retired .

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

The wife of Toby’s sisters other brother in law is in a hospital with MRSA.

She is 93 years old and is on antibiotics.She and her husband are two of the nicest people I have ever known.

Sending her our prayers 🙏 Lenny that the antibiotics work for her.

Graham.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

"Come From Away" is a great play. Quite possibly one of the last Broadway plays I went to before the pandemic.  Typically, my wife & I would go 2-3 times a years to the TKTS discount ticket booth in Times Square. They would sell same-day tickets to shows that were not yet sold out so you have to go with an open mind as you won't know which shows are available that day. While waiting in line, a few people were talking about how great the show is so we bought the tickets, not really knowing what to expect.

Great story, great music & acting. Some heavy moments but also a few hopefully and inspirational moments as well.  The Broadway show is scheduled to end this October and now that Broadway has finally lifted the mask mandate, I'm going to try to catch it one more time.  Might have to pay full price this time.

Dozen of YouTube videos that recount the true story as well as clips from the play. Just type in 'Gander 9/11'  into the search bar. Not sure why it hasn't been turned into a movie yet.

I believe that there are plans for a movie.My children bought the book for me as a part of my Fathers Day gifts.I will be reading it soon.

• Like 1