Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

36 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

When I went to pick Pauline up from work it was 40°C 104°F in the car and was that temperature for the 15 minutes drive to her office.

Does the defective car with the steering wheel on the wrong side also not have air conditioning?😇

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

There are 3 levels of Peacock service. The basic one is free to all, then Peacock Plus for $4.99 and Peacock Plus Premium for $9.99.  Each level adds more content and few commercials.

I'm of the same mindset like you. I already pay cable TV + Netflix + Prime so I don't want to add another.  Fortunately, my cable company - Comcast Xfinity - included the Peacock Plus app for free.

One good thing about streaming service is that there are no contracts.  You can subscribe, binge watch the shows you like for a week, then unsubscribe. Oh, and password sharing. 🙂

You get Peacock Plus with your Comcast  Infinity?

I never looked to see!

5 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I never looked to see!

My Mom definitely gets it for free with her Xfinity.  She uses it a lot to watch golf tournaments lol  I never thought about sharing her password though, will have to set that when I see her next. 🙂 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Does the defective car with the steering wheel on the wrong side also not have air conditioning?😇

We drive on the left hand side of the road OB.

My car is only 1 month old and of course it has AC just like all the new cars for the last 15 years.

We have been to Florida 30 times since 1992 and feel comfortable driving any car and I have hired a car every time we have been there.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We drive on the left hand side of the road OB.

My car is only 1 month old and of course it has AC just like all the new cars for the last 15 years.

We have been to Florida 30 times since 1992 and feel comfortable driving any car and I have hired a car every time we have been there.

I know how you folks drive, I've been to England. I guess I'd better stop with the teasing.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I never looked to see!

Sure can. When you press the Xfinity button on the remote, you should see "APP" on the far right.  Click on that & you should see all the usual Smart TV apps - NetFlix, Hulu, etc. Of course, those you'll need a paid subscription to use.

For the Peacock app, you'll need to create an account but there should be no charge. It sometimes takes a few seconds to load the content as you are streaming thru the cable company vs streaming directly to a smart TV but that's just a minor annoyance.

39 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

My Mom definitely gets it for free with her Xfinity.  She uses it a lot to watch golf tournaments lol  I never thought about sharing her password though, will have to set that when I see her next. 🙂 

Most streaming services don't actively discourage sharing of passwords but there is a limit to how many devices can use the same account. Usually 3 or 4.  My Step-daughter shared her Hulu account with a bunch of people & now it's almost impossible to sign in once the max # of devices is reached. No biggie for me as the only think I watched was A Handmaids Tale.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What does it mean to undertake?

We legally can only overtake to pass a slow car over on to the right side of the road although some impatient drivers do undertake but risk a fine and penalty points if spotted on camera or a police car.

In the US it is a free for all.

After 40 years of driving 40,000+ miles a year I have seen lots of bad driving.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My nephew Gary,his wife,teenage daughter and teenage son all tested for Covid this morning.

I have no idea how they can isolate in the same house .

Sorry to hear this.    I guess there really isn't a need to isolate since 4 of them have it.   Hopefully they will be mild or no symptoms and be well soon. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We legally can only overtake to pass a slow car over on to the right side of the road although some impatient drivers do undertake but risk a fine and penalty points if spotted on camera or a police car.

In the US it is a free for all.

After 40 years of driving 40,000+ miles a year I have seen lots of bad driving.

I hear that in Germany it is illegal to flip someone off on the Autobahn. If that were the case here many of us would be in jail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

22 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

Hi everyone from the Allure In Roatan, great cruise so far. I'm trying to stay caught up, don't want to get back to 50 pages of posts!

Can't wait to hear about your cruise. I have quite an affinity for that ship!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I never looked to see!

Yes, we have Comcast Xfinity Internet only at our shore house and we get Peacock Plus for free.    We can use those logins where ever we are too.    Definitely check and see if your comcast is offering this.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We have mosquitoes bad here.  So thankful we added the screened in area on the deck.  They even attached screen underneath the decking to stop the mosquitoes.   Now if it would only cool down.  Last week at sundown we went out.  It was between 85 and 90 with a bit of a breeze.   We were talking about how nice it felt.  A bit different than if it was that hot in April. 

The mosquitoes here are huge. And for some reason they love me. Linda and I have talked about getting a screened in porch just for that reason. As nice as our patio is I don't think we will be using it this week. Temps are ridiculously  hot.

23 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

Hi everyone from the Allure In Roatan, great cruise so far. I'm trying to stay caught up, don't want to get back to 50 pages of posts!

Are you doing anything special excursion wise in Roatan?

• Like 1

I have a Sensi controller upstairs.   It was saying tye humidity was 73% upstairs so I went to HD and bought a dehumidifier.   It has been running for 20 minutes and it is now saying the humidity is 63%. 😊 I set it on max rather than setting it on a particular humidity % so I can see how far down it will go.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

Love Roatan we did dolphin encounter there many times.

• Like 2