Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

29 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

Thanks for asking. I also tested positive on Wed. The grandkids are doing very well. Daughter and her husband just have coughs and aches. My wife and I are still suffering chills and body aches and head congestion. We had connecting junior suites so we are sure son in law and grandson got it first and transferred to the rest of us. 

Drink plenty of fluids!  Hope you feel better soon😀

• Like 1

Dinner tonight, rib eyes medium rare.

E184EA68-2538-4B0D-BB94-BE389139EB04.thumb.jpeg.92caa687ac7ed4b5799ff3355a9beb67.jpeg

Took this shot on the drive home tonight.  To me it looks like a French Poodle with it’s tail raised. Maybe it’s jumping over something. 🤔🤷‍♂️

BD607DFC-640D-49B2-9AF7-3573C7F6710C.thumb.jpeg.31d455d82fe2bd9958fce082ef9adb20.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 15
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Took this shot on the drive home tonight.  To me it looks like a French Poodle with it’s tail raised. Maybe it’s jumping over something. 🤔🤷‍♂️

BD607DFC-640D-49B2-9AF7-3573C7F6710C.thumb.jpeg.31d455d82fe2bd9958fce082ef9adb20.jpeg

LOL!  I do the same thing,  Swear I saw a frog the other night. 😁

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

That’s perfection!

It was a great meal to finish the day with.  

I had to meet with the sprinkler repair guys at mom’s place, a zone had a stuck valve.  The pool company came to our place to install a new pump, as our original one died yesterday.  Then the window cleaners were at our place as well. Without fail they all arrived around the same time, on top of having a few work calls.

Earlier in the morning I assembled mom’s elevated toilet seats in preparation to her return home and replaced a couple toilet tank gaskets on one of mom’s toilets. Unfortunately I shifter a tank enough that it started to drip slowly. First time I ever replaced one but it wasn’t terrible. 

As I said, the steak was a great way to wrap up the day. 

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

As I said, the steak was a great way to wrap up the day. 

I'll say you deserved it after your hard day. Good you are doing the elevated seat for her. We got one of those for me when I had my knee replacement. I don't know why they make toilets so darn low. I'm thinking of getting some of mine replaced to a higher one.

9 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Tonight at midnight we can do our check in for our October Mariner sailing.  I can only guess how excited you are

Yep I am ready. I'd start packing if I didn't think it would be a dumb idea. I hope 29 days goes fast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbancroft said:

Thanks for asking. I also tested positive on Wed. The grandkids are doing very well. Daughter and her husband just have coughs and aches. My wife and I are still suffering chills and body aches and head congestion. We had connecting junior suites so we are sure son in law and grandson got it first and transferred to the rest of us. 

I'm sorry. I hope everyone feels better soon. We just had our second boosters today. The card is full. We went with Pfizer/Pfizer/Moderna/Moderna. (That always reminds me of "The Birdcage) So, we have covered the spectrum with the current vaccines. I hope it helps. Sailing on Navigator next month. 😄

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

My favorite thing to do! Come on September 17th!

0B8F0767-441E-444A-9D4E-52FC973A97E4.thumb.jpeg.171cc6e9f158ea1a64516d0a808ca860.jpeg

Oh yes. Thanks again for the reminder to check for our own cruise. I wonder if we have luggage tags yet. I am already skipping ahead to March out of Tampa, and the things we have to book for that. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We got one of those for me when I had my knee replacement. I don't know why they make toilets so darn low. I'm thinking of getting some of mine replaced to a higher one.

I just used a potty chair with rails. Lid up, slides over toilet instead of using the bucket underneath. When you are much better it goes to the garage rafters. We already had a slightly higher senior toilet in our master. It seems kind of self-defeating to think you will need it forever. My thought is always to get back to full function as soon as possible. 

I haven't been entirely successful. but I am good with toilets everywhere! The floor holes in China, might be a challenge, unless there is something to hold onto. But my mom visited there in her 80's, so if she could do it, I should manage. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sharon and I are celebrating our 43rd anniversary!    We both have been busy today so we are having a late lunch.  Some might find this hard to believe but I made home made pizza! Yes really!

Happy Anniversary, John and Sharon.  Wishing you many more years of love and laughter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, George C said:

I am thinking of selling part of our coin collection I had some appraised at about 2k ten years ago, several half dollars going back to early 1800’s , one of the coins was worth 400.  My wife parents collected them. 

Unfortunately, I don't know a lot about coins. There are books in the library that will give "appraisals." However, the rating system is something I never understood.

You may already know this, but:

Do a lot of research on exactly what your coins are and approximate values.

Don't go to one of those places that "buy silver, gold, coins, silver plate," etc.

If you sell to a coin dealer, understand that what your coin is worth and what they will buy it for are 2 different things. You will be offered a wholesale price (they have to make money too). 

Hope this info helps.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Unfortunately, I don't know a lot about coins. There are books in the library that will give "appraisals." However, the rating system is something I never understood.

You may already know this, but:

Do a lot of research on exactly what your coins are and approximate values.

Don't go to one of those places that "buy silver, gold, coins, silver plate," etc.

If you sell to a coin dealer, understand that what your coin is worth and what they will buy it for are 2 different things. You will be offered a wholesale price (they have to make money too). 

Hope this info helps.

I looked most coins up on internet then took them to a coin dealer and they offered me about same thing I got from internet . This was ten years ago. Could always use a couple of thousand towards are upcoming cruises. Will keep some coins as a investment. I have a relative who offered me what coin dealer said they were worth. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, George C said:

I looked most coins up on internet then took them to a coin dealer and they offered me about same thing I got from internet . This was ten years ago. Could always use a couple of thousand towards are upcoming cruises. Will keep some coins as a investment. I have a relative who offered me what coin dealer said they were worth. 

That sounds good!

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sharon and I are celebrating our 43rd anniversary!    We both have been busy today so we are having a late lunch.  Some might find this hard to believe but I made home made pizza! Yes really!

Wow 43 years, congrats !

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'll say you deserved it after your hard day. Good you are doing the elevated seat for her. We got one of those for me when I had my knee replacement. I don't know why they make toilets so darn low. I'm thinking of getting some of mine replaced to a higher one.

Yep I am ready. I'd start packing if I didn't think it would be a dumb idea. I hope 29 days goes fast.

I'm sorry, but we cannot have the week of 8.28 fly by while we are on Oasis.😃

Eric is 6'3" and hated how low the toilet in our master bath was, especially when he had a broken leg several years ago.  It was one of those really low ones. 

He is much happier now as we replaced with a taller one in 2019 when we redid the bathroom. 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I hope it involves some good bourbon. If nothing else relax.

Close.  I went to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner last night and sat at the bar.  The bartender was telling me about a multi-day bourbon trail trip in Kentucky that she did with a group of friends a few months ago.  She said they are planning a Tennessee whisky trip for next year.  I mentioned Uncle Nearest and she said that they have both the 1884 and 1856 at the bar.  I had a glass of the 1884.  Wow...incredibly smooth.  I really do need to find a bottle somewhere now.  Thanks for telling me about it.

• Like 4