Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

34 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sucks that this happened.  I hope that Linda is successful.  Although she made the typo, I'd partially blame Booking.com.  I'm surprised that they accepted an invalid date.  I would have thought that they'd confirm the credit card info when she booked it.  Linda might be able to argue that it's their fault...she successfully booked with them and any problem that Hilton has should be between Booking.com and Hilton.

Totally agree with this. At the time she made the reservation the expiration date was fine. Why not after an expiration date is reached contact the person who made the reservation and say hey this card expired how about a new card. It’s still our fault but I wish they would work with us instead of saying well sorry nothing we can do.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Totally agree with this. At the time she made the reservation the expiration date was fine. Why not after an expiration date is reached contact the person who made the reservation and say hey this card expired how about a new card. It’s still our fault but I wish they would work with us instead of saying well sorry nothing we can do.

I'm not sure if you are saying that the 4/22 expiration date was valid when Linda made the booking and has since expired, or if the expiration date was always 4/23 and she made a typo when entering 4/22.  If it's the former, then I understand why booking.com would have originally accepted your cc info.  Would be nice if they could automatically determine that the 4/22 expiration date would have passed before your stay, but I can understand that they would originally accept your cc info. 

If it's the later and 4/22 was never a valid date, then their system should have kicked it out rather than accept it.  They cc security code is calculated from several things, including the 4 digit expiration date.  If the date was wrong, the web site should have said that the cc was not valid.  They wouldn't have known if you mistyped the number, the date, or the security code, but they would have known that all 3 don't match.

I don't want to dwell on this too long...you have enough unnecessary added stress already.  Let's just hope that Hilton honors the original price. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I think we will try and talk to a manager  once on the ground and see if they would honor the original booking price because of an honest mistake. 

Could you possibly call the hotel beforehand and explain the error to the manager there, even though you booked through booking com?

Good luck, Greg and Linda 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

looks like we have another heckler,   best to just ignore, IMO.   They only have 99 posts on CC, obviously they don't get it.

Heckler didn't even use the correct word.  He wanted the POST to end which it will if he stops posting.🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Heckler didn't even use the correct word.  He wanted the POST to end which it will if he stops posting.🤣

If they're not intelligent enough to understand the difference between a POST and a THREAD, and if they further are not intelligent enough to understand that posting on a thread makes it last longer, then they OBVIOUSLY are not intelligent enough for us to give a rat's patootie about what they think about anything!

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Did a trial loading on Sunday of the truck that I am taking to the Concours this weekend. It is a new truck and trailer combo, and the first time the old truck has been on it. It’s a 1972 Ford 4X4 and I’m the second owner.  I know the original family that owned it.  It didn’t start this way though.

6067F0D4-3276-485C-B86C-A6758B66C7D7.thumb.jpeg.fcfdc0837ecb18d92486fbc880735730.jpeg

This is how it looked when I bought it in their farm auction in Western Canada in the fall of 2004.

F5537BFB-06A5-4C74-B65D-78F7CD527969.thumb.jpeg.a2a71489334ce3ad7435f3e877675eb6.jpeg

This is how it was used on their 10,000 acre ranch. Yes, the tractor’s tires are in the air. Tony has passed along as his wife but he saw photos post restoration.  He always rides with me, as his funeral program is in the glove box. 

9E5F8B45-E466-4EA9-9B01-18CD98D0D857.thumb.jpeg.20a2b713c305ddd242ad4946f39df600.jpeg

• Like 21

50 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm not sure if you are saying that the 4/22 expiration date was valid when Linda made the booking and has since expired, or if the expiration date was always 4/23 and she made a typo when entering 4/22.  If it's the former, then I understand why booking.com would have originally accepted your cc info.  Would be nice if they could automatically determine that the 4/22 expiration date would have passed before your stay, but I can understand that they would originally accept your cc info. 

If it's the later and 4/22 was never a valid date, then their system should have kicked it out rather than accept it.  They cc security code is calculated from several things, including the 4 digit expiration date.  If the date was wrong, the web site should have said that the cc was not valid.  They wouldn't have known if you mistyped the number, the date, or the security code, but they would have known that all 3 don't match.

I don't want to dwell on this too long...you have enough unnecessary added stress already.  Let's just hope that Hilton honors the original price. 

Even though she typed it wrong when she made the reservation in January the date would have been valid. I’m just surprised that went through the system like you said if everything did not match.

39 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Could you possibly call the hotel beforehand and explain the error to the manager there, even though you booked through booking com?

Good luck, Greg and Linda 

Linda talked to the hotel but not a manager and she said they couldn’t do anything. Right now we are waiting to see if Booking.com can get Hilton to honor original price. If nothing else we will plead our case when we get to the hotel. One thing they don’t know is that my wife is a bull dog lawyer and really knows how to argue a point. They do not want to see her wrath 😉

• Like 7

What would happen if your card had expired since the time of the booking?   Or if you were a victim of identity theft and had to get a replacement / new card?  These things happen all the time and is why they should still honor the booking at original price.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

What would happen if your card had expired since the time of the booking?   Or if you were a victim of identity theft and had to get a replacement / new card?  These things happen all the time and is why they should still honor the booking at original price.

Linda even wonders if she gave the old card right before we received new cards?

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

We're looking after our oldest grandson for an extra day this week as his mum works for a charity who's patron was the Queen, so this is especially busy time for them and she's been asked to work extra hours  

Had a lovely day today at the park

20220912_151824.thumb.jpg.d2e7b926f4f1960c150f5ebc7eb2beaa.jpg

The newest grandson is 10 days old now and doing really well 

Precious🥰  I love the little guys curls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Sandringham on Saturday 

1CA0ADD4-0FD0-4C8E-A88C-2966DC71CB88.jpeg

D70475D8-300F-4183-89DB-8885E650BB89.jpeg

382EEB7D-CD17-4EB2-9E33-A7E471FF4694.jpeg

That is very sad, but a very nice tribute to Her Majesty's popularity. I would guess the florists are sad about the reason but also overjoyed. The flowers are lovely. The flowers can be composted, but there really should be another plan for all of that cellophane. It is just a California thing, and a long career looking at flowers. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We chatted for a few minutes and yup...he still forgot.  So as we said our goodbyes, I said 'oh by the way HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and hung up.  I was a meany for 10 minutes not answering the phone the multiple times he tried calling me back.

That sounds like me!   I bet he never forgot after that😀

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Even though she typed it wrong when she made the reservation in January the date would have been valid. I’m just surprised that went through the system like you said if everything did not match.

Linda talked to the hotel but not a manager and she said they couldn’t do anything. Right now we are waiting to see if Booking.com can get Hilton to honor original price. If nothing else we will plead our case when we get to the hotel. One thing they don’t know is that my wife is a bull dog lawyer and really knows how to argue a point. They do not want to see her wrath 😉

I think you should book another hotel and not stress yourselves further . You haven’t paid yet . Are you planning on showing up at the hotel without getting this resolved first ? Bad idea !   Booking with a discount booking agency is great until there is a problem . 

• Like 5

If you cancel the hilton will you be charged a cancellation fee?

If not, then I would just cancel and book at one of the other suggestions on this thread.   Why start off a wonderful vacation having to argue with front desk mgr at the hilton.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, NHProud said:

I think you should book another hotel and not stress yourselves further . You haven’t paid yet . Are you planning on showing up at the hotel without getting this resolved first ? Bad idea !   Booking with a discount booking agency is great until there is a problem . 

I see you posted as I was typing.  Definitely agree, if it's not resolved now chances of it being resolved at the front desk are slim to none.  Extra $200 a night is ridiculous especially when there are other great options.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If you are booked directly with Hilton, they send you an email to update your credit card. :classic_smile:

• Like 3