Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Only seeing ticker scores of the Yankee games. That game might finish before the Houston one. 🤯

Here in the states, the Yankee game is supposed to be on TBS but has been mover to TNT since Seattle & Houston decided to play 2 games for the price of 1. 😆

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We are now into the 16th inning. Turns out it is smoke from a forest fire south of Seattle. 

Only seeing ticker scores of the Yankee games. That game might finish before the Houston one. 🤯

I believe this is the longest scoreless post season game in mlb history.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Here in the states, the Yankee game is supposed to be on TBS but has been mover to TNT since Seattle & Houston decided to play 2 games for the price of 1. 😆

what  a catch..............the center fielder for Seattle ran a long way for that ball. and got out of the inning, bottom of the 16th just starting.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Just about all meat is “edible” if it’s fried right.  🙂

I had fried alligator once when I was in Louisiana but it was more fried breading than actual alligator. It was at a chain restaurant - maybe Landrys or Saltgrass - so it probably wasn't representative of what actual fried alligator tastes like 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Yes, Jim's was laparoscopically removed also.  How long ago did you have your surgery?  Did it take a long time to heal?

Laproscopic surgeries have a much shorter recovery time compared to when the abdomen had to be opened up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Things we did today. 

1) Put away all the outside patio furniture.

2) Went for family photos, most likely for Christmas Cards. 

These are our photos of the backdrops to where they were taken. Minutes from our house. You all might get to see a photo early. 

7B3713A0-B693-47E6-AAD8-407D9771ADD0.thumb.jpeg.6c66094fab65918230b4b2a4d8a364a2.jpeg

B7D4DCAD-3830-44BA-B3D7-181126E37FFB.thumb.jpeg.5e536d8d108ebdefdc1dc97ee1866280.jpeg

C93580C3-2762-4B0A-A9CE-31EC095F2E65.thumb.jpeg.39f801d078f8889df3e84f8fbd6df346.jpeg

F4DFB14B-0125-4B90-8ABD-C1B619590CCD.thumb.jpeg.def8fbfe9e1afee5ac8e68486e11b09d.jpeg

• Like 25

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Hello my dear friends.  Jim and I got home Thursday evening from Halifax.  I've been too exhausted to read  any posts, or write until this evening.  I know the last time I'd posted was after having our lobster roll in Bar Harbor.  The next day we were in Portland and had a much better lobstah roll, along with excellent chowda.  That evening after having dinner in the Dining room, Jim started to feel uncomfortable.  We went back to the room and he just couldn't get comfortable....by 2:00 a.m., he said he had to go to Medical, since he was in too much pain.  The Doctor did some bloodwork and put him on an IV to hydrate him, and gave him some pain medicine.   We were scheduled to be in St. John in the morning, and the doctor advised us to get off the ship and go to the hospital there, so around 4:30 am I went to our room and packed everything up.  Jim came back upstairs around 6:30 and said we're to be back at Medical for 8:00 debarkation.  The Paramedics came on board and took Jim and I to the hospital.  Several tests were performed, and the Doctor felt it was Jim's Gallbladder.  The Doctor said it should come out.  Jim wanted to get back on the ship and thought he'd get it taken care of once the cruise was over, so we got back onto the ship.  Bad idea, since the next day we were at Sea, he wound up in the Infirmary hooked up to another IV.  Halifax was our next stop, and it became our home for the next week.   That was last Thursday.  Jim was taken to the ER and by evening was finally admitted.  Emergency surgery was performed early Friday morning.  Excellent care was given to Jim while there.  

My goodness, I sorry to read about your adventures but so happy that things went as good as they could go. Not exactly the visit to Canada you expected but glad my fellow “brothers and sisters” took great care of you both. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Appendix, must not be very large. I believe mine was taken out through my belly button, does that sound correct?

The appendix varies in length from person to person. Four inches is maybe about average for ones that I've seen. It is more likely that the incision was made just under your belly button.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

The appendix varies in length from person to person. Four inches is maybe about average for ones that I've seen. It is more likely that the incision was made just under your belly button.

I have no scar?

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Probably.............all I know it doesn't look like I had a C-section......lol

My appendectomy scar from the early 1980s is pretty much invisible these days, even though it was several inches long. 

Laparoscopic surgery is sooooooo much easier to recover from than the old "stick your hands inside the patient" type!

• Like 4