Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

47 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

We had to rest a bit since Merv was not very happy from all that sitting on the plane and then all walking we had to do.  

Glad you made it to Firenze. Hopefully the excellent meal you had (especially the Pappardelle, looks amazing) will "appease" Merv's spirit, and from now on, with all the rich culture surrounding him, he will "behave".

Enjoy !!!

• Like 6

A few photos from today. 

Mom’s drive. 

7C30AFBF-320A-4E30-B51B-8FADC099BE98.thumb.jpeg.a19602f1cd870415933dd2c39fc0f586.jpeg

Owen’s team had an 11am home game. Let’s go Cowboys!!!

Owen making a punt. 

Owen making a PAT. 

Final score. 14-4 for Owen’s team. Owen made 2 points after touchdown in the win. 

0812C447-2E88-4646-B9E6-8EDD4521DEE6.thumb.jpeg.51f7acc96330bf52dda1c3e837fa282e.jpeg

• Like 17

7 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I am getting off work a little early today and we are taking Andrew to the State Fair of Texas this afternoon. It will be his first time, and he's been begging to go. I haven't been in about 15 years, so it will be fun for me, too. 

We've been in the Dallas area for 19 years and still have not made it to the Fair.  Are we missing much?

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have been catnapping on and off.  Good time to catch up on all my recordings on my dvr but I fall asleep everytime I put something on.

Had a nice long steam shower and that really helped with my congestion.

Eric made me some scrambled eggs, toast with cinnamon and tea with honey.  

No loss of taste.

I've been taking tylenol every 4 or 5 hrs and I took a Claritin D this morning.  Eric left a bunch of bottled waters and powerade zero outside my door.   

I know he's probably already been exposed to it but I want to keep my distance from him while I still have mild fever.

Thank you everyone for all the well wishes.❤

I am worried about Maryann @Luckynana Has anyone heard from her since her cruise on Adventure?

I posted my worry about Maryann @Luckynanaa few days ago.  I hope all is well and she's just catching up on post cruise stuff.

Hope your recuperating quickly!

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Kenzie was out shopping with her DB and DS.

image.thumb.png.5410604b0e130eb84eed3b3332295477.png

I'm not used to getting up at 5am.  I hope I sleep as good as Finnley tonight 😴

image.thumb.png.de5ffe5527fbda012f02db9d4aae2ad1.png

Just when I think those kiddos can't get any cuter, you post pictures like these!

No doubt, Kenzie drove to the mall!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

We leave for hockey in 20 minutes for a town over an hour away. We have just barely warmed up from football to go to the arena. The high today was 50F. If we are lucky we will be home by 11. 

These are the days we will always remember. 

• Like 10

57 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We leave for hockey in 20 minutes for a town over an hour away. We have just barely warmed up from football to go to the arena. The high today was 50F. If we are lucky we will be home by 11. 

These are the days we will always remember. 

They certainly are.  And the time you’re spending is the best investment you’ll ever make.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We've been in the Dallas area for 19 years and still have not made it to the Fair.  Are we missing much?

I posted my worry about Maryann @Luckynanaa few days ago.  I hope all is well and she's just catching up on post cruise stuff.

Hope your recuperating quickly!

Just when I think those kiddos can't get any cuter, you post pictures like these!

No doubt, Kenzie drove to the mall!

It can definitely be a fun day, there are some good free concerts and some interesting food items, but lots of walking .

• Like 1

So after saying we would never take a cruise less than 7 nights, we have a 5 night one on hold.  Very favorable rate was the deciding factor PLUS Quality Inn is $80 per night and no charge to keep the car for the duration of the cruise.  

Adventure out of Galveston in Feb.  Will be good to warm up for our March Bella cruise.

No suit for Jack, no fancy shmancy outfits for me.  We just want to relax.  We probably won't leave the ship.  We aren't seasoned cruisers but after multiple times in Cozumel, we've had enough.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was going to get my booster this weekend.   Guess I will wait too.

I basically feel like a miserable cold today.  I spoke with one of the girls at work and there are 3 others that tested positive today.  So 5 people so far.  It sounded like a TB ward with everyone coughing this week.

Think it might be wise to close up the shop for 10 days.

59 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, the NE/Canada sailing on Adventure out of Bayonne.   

I hope you feel better soon. 😀

I just can't keep track of all the shifting of ships to different home ports.  Allure, Aventure, Ruby Princess and a host of others are coming to Galveston.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Bad news, I had a miserable night with fever, chills, annoying cough and congestion.

Just tested and I am positive for Covid.    

I have avoided it for 2.5 yrs guess I was due to get it.

I'm staying in spare bedroom to avoid Eric.   So far he feels fine.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

They certainly are.  And the time you’re spending is the best investment you’ll ever make.  

That’s what I’m telling myself as we just got home at 11:05. 

They did win 7-2, so it was worth the drive. 

• Like 12