Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thanks you, Bonnie 🥰

Up until Jim's health issues, we had a very nice time.  Would I go on Adventure again?  Well, we'll be on her sister ship, Liberty, so the answer is yes, we would.❣️

I know you and Jack will have a good time on her! 😊

Liberty is Freedom class while Adventure is Voyager class. That might make them cousins.😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Andrew.   The people in Halifax are wonderful.  Truly wonderful 🥰

The folks from the east coast are known for their hospitality and giving nature.  I’m happy to hear that they helped to make your experience a positive one. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Liberty is Freedom class while Adventure is Voyager class. That might make them cousins.😊

More like Aunt and Niece?

29 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thanks you, Bonnie 🥰

The employees on Adventure are wonderful!   The ship is a little older..our room was pretty aged .. there was duct tape on the track of the sliding door which made it chilly heading North...lol!  I'm sure our room was the exception, rather than the norm.  Our cabin Steward was awesome. We had MTD which wasn't as bad as I'd read about.  There were long lines, but they moved quickly enough.  We had 7pm reservations and by arriving 15 minutes early, got us to our table at 7:00.  I'd like to say the food was great, but.....food is subjective, as we all know😉

Up until Jim's health issues, we had a very nice time.  Would I go on Adventure again?  Well, we'll be on her sister ship, Liberty, so the answer is yes, we would.❣️

I know you and Jack will have a good time on her! 😊

How is Jim feeling?  I hope any residual pain is minimal.  I had my gall bladder out the invasive way approx  33 years ago and as OB stated, longer to reecuperate.  My friend had it out the laproscopic way and was back to work in 2 days.

Your comments about Adventure don't surprise me since Voyager class ships are probably aging gracefully (I hope).

We're treating this cruise as our getaway and duct tape won't deter us from relaxing and enjoying our time on the sea..  I'm sure we won't go hungry and will find something to eat. Truthfully, our last cruise was 3 or 4 years ago and even then I detected a slip in food quality but as you stated, food is very much subjective. Our expectations are not high so hopefully, we won't be disappointed.  I'm glad to read that the crew gets high marks.  

I'm looking forward to sailing one of the "big girls" for the first time in March on the Bella cruise and meeting you, Jim and so many others will be wonderful and extra special..  

• Like 4

13 hours ago, jagsfan said:

One of my granddaughters posted a video of her dad cooking up a storm for their Florida State posse before tonight’s game. 
I guess cooking all last weekend wasn’t enough!

They take a couple of grills and other essentials to Tallahassee to tailgate before games. 

That's awesome he is doing that.   He sounds like an loving, generous person that really enjoys cooking.   Is he a Chef?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

How are you doing this morning.   Glad to hear you're hitting the water.  

We are doing great.   We ate at Chops last night.  We enjoyed a comedy show too.  

Looks like we will skip West Deck.  Trying to take full advantage of the UDP.  We will take the public bus to Eagle Beach. ⛱️ 

It's good you are able to get around.   It would be terrible if you were restricted to bed.

20221016_081310.thumb.jpg.64ff3ee071f457e329f201a10eb56059.jpg

😳🤣  Hope you have a good day.

Love that view from bed😀 wish I had that view this week, next cruise is 12.04.  

I am feeling much better today.   Last night I put from Vicks Vapor Rub on and I had a great night's sleep.    I slept for 4 or 5 hrs straight instead of up and down coughing.

I had a cup of coffee on my patio with the cats.   Bit breezy but should be 69f sunny this afternoon.

Glad you are having a great time!

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Love that view from bed😀 wish I had that view this week, next cruise is 12.04.  

I am feeling much better today.   Last night I put from Vicks Vapor Rub on and I had a great night's sleep.    I slept for 4 or 5 hrs straight instead of up and down coughing.

I had a cup of coffee on my patio with the cats.   Bit breezy but should be 69f sunny this afternoon.

Glad you are having a great time!

69⁰ 🥶.   And I thought 82⁰ was cool.   😎   speaking of cold, it is supposed to drop to 32⁰ tomorrow night back home.  My SIL said he will go pick the remaining tomatoes and peppers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

Oh my! Just catching up on all this now.  So VERY sorry to hear about everything that happened during the cruise. Makes my minor bout with covid by the end of the cruise look rather insignificant in comparison. Hope Jim is doing well now? It's hard to keep up with this thread since it moves so quickly. I only stop in here from time to time and am typically like at least 10 pages behind!

So sorry you had to go through all that. What an experience for sure. 

I'm sorry you came down with Covid.  Were you very sick with it?  I read that several of the FB group came down with Covid, and that people were seen coughing with little concern for those around them.☹️  Were you in any of the Slot Pulls?  We were in the one with our Roll Call group;  we never made it to the FB one.

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m just getting caught up from yesterday. 
@Luckynana Maryann I’m so sorry about Jim’s gallbladder issue.  Certainly not the trip you expecting!  It sounds like he received great medical care and I’m glad he’s feeling better.  Looks like you need to book another cruise to make up for this one 😉!

Thank you, Deb!  Jan. 30th is our next cruise....short, but sweet!🥰

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I didn't realize that, since the back of both ships look the same to me.🤔  We will be in a JS aft on Liberty.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

@Luckynana. Maryann, sorry to hear about Jim.  Glad he got good care, and you are home now. 

Can’t believe how many pages this grew overnight. 

Thank you, Mark.🥰

How is your daughter feeling?  I hope all is well for your DD💕

@Luckynana I am so sorry to hear Jim is not doing well.  I hate you 2 are having to go through this.   I hope all goes better soon.

Thank you, John. 😘  

It sounds like you and Sharon are enjoying your cruise.  Enjoy Aruba!!!!!!

I am to far behind to catch up.   I hope all have a good day 

As am I!!  I have so much paperwork with regard to our insurance, etc.

Have a blast with Sharon and your friends!❤️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

The folks from the east coast are known for their hospitality and giving nature.  I’m happy to hear that they helped to make your experience a positive one. 

For a second there I forgot you were from Canada, and thought you had lost your mind, or you were using an incredible amount of sarcasm!🤣

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

They really did!💕

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

More like Aunt and Niece?

How is Jim feeling?  I hope any residual pain is minimal.  I had my gall bladder out the invasive way approx  33 years ago and as OB stated, longer to reecuperate.  My friend had it out the laproscopic way and was back to work in 2 days.

Your comments about Adventure don't surprise me since Voyager class ships are probably aging gracefully (I hope).

We're treating this cruise as our getaway and duct tape won't deter us from relaxing and enjoying our time on the sea..  I'm sure we won't go hungry and will find something to eat. Truthfully, our last cruise was 3 or 4 years ago and even then I detected a slip in food quality but as you stated, food is very much subjective. Our expectations are not high so hopefully, we won't be disappointed.  I'm glad to read that the crew gets high marks.  

I'm looking forward to sailing one of the "big girls" for the first time in March on the Bella cruise and meeting you, Jim and so many others will be wonderful and extra special..  

Jim is really tired today, but I reminded him that he's still healing and recuperating.

You will enjoy the Adventure, Bonnie.  Jim and I actually laughed when we saw the duct tape!!

Personnel are awesome.

Looking forward to meeting you, Jack, and and all of our travelling buddies!! 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 11:21 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

Bad news, I had a miserable night with fever, chills, annoying cough and congestion.

Just tested and I am positive for Covid.    

I have avoided it for 2.5 yrs guess I was due to get it.

I'm staying in spare bedroom to avoid Eric.   So far he feels fine.

So sorry to hear Debbie  wonder if it was a present from your co worker ? Think you said she had it 

Hope your symptoms are mild and you recover soon. 

Edited by sgmn
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Bases loaded walk off, bringing in two runs. Amazing finish to the game, unless you are cheering for the Yankees. Let’s see what happens tonight. 🤞

Sorry Lenny and HB4E, you might not like my comments above. 

No worries, it's all good. NY Rangers are playing tonight should the Yankee game going south quickly. 😇

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Got to think though MLB Executives wants that series to go 5  games. Just so TV can get higher ratings. Expect to see some calls to go the Yankees way to assure there is a Game 5.

Right now the final 3 cities are Houston, San Diego  and Philadelphia. Got to know they want a large city(NYC) in the final four, not Cleveland.

MLB can't be happy losing LA and the Mets as it is, to lose the Yankees this early would really be bad.

It certainly seems like the year of the underdog, with the exception of the Astro's.   San Diego, Cleveland & Philly are all playing exceptionally well, much better than their regular season records would indicate.  Most shocking upset is the 89-win Padres beating 111-win Dodgers 3 games to 1.  LA was an unbeatable machine all season long.

It is great to see some new blood in the postseason but I do agree with your assessment, MLB would love to keep TV ratings high.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I'm sorry you came down with Covid.  Were you very sick with it?  I read that several of the FB group came down with Covid, and that people were seen coughing with little concern for those around them.☹️  Were you in any of the Slot Pulls?  We were in the one with our Roll Call group;  we never made it to the FB one.

Thanks for asking. I wouldn't say very sick - but did have a really bad cough and congestion, some chills, fatigue, achiness. I agree on people coughing especially towards the end of the cruise. Heard lots of it. We were not involved in any slot pulls. Just finished the 5-day paxlovid treatment and now the cough came back though not as bad. Hoping to test negative soon. A bonus to this cruise is that we moved up to Diamond Plus. Pinnacle, at 512 points away (lol), seems pretty much unattainable since we enjoy cruising with a few other lines. Now if they'd keep giving quadruple points like our last two cruises, that'd help. I suspect those days are gone though. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Trying to remember, it was a home run if I’m correct.  Dusty is seems so calm just sitting there through the game. 

Yes.  I wanted to see this series go the distance.  The fans of Seattle might have only got one home game this fall, but it was practically 2 for all that watched it. Emotionally it could have felt like the final game of the World Series for them.

Bases loaded walk off, bringing in two runs. Amazing finish to the game, unless you are cheering for the Yankees. Let’s see what happens tonight. 🤞

Sorry Lenny and HB4E, you might not like my comments above. 

Why ?

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Can't say I'm shocked.  The Yankee bullpen is depleted due to injuries. Allowed 3 runs before getting 3 outs. 

Good thing there are 2 more games to play.

It should be a good game tonight.The starting pitcher for Cleveland was born in Canada,went to college at Stanford and played for the Padres prior to Cleveland.

@Luckynana So sorry your cruise ended so abruptly and painfully for your husband.  I hope , he heals quickly.   Yes , Canadians are very hospitable people . 

Good luck dealing with the insurance forms.  My husband had an unpleasant surprise from a Dallas hospital after being treated there after an incident at DFW airport.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I didn't realize that, since the back of both ships look the same to me.🤔  We will be in a JS aft on Liberty.

The stern of all the Voyager and Freedom class ships look the same. So does the forward section except F class has the cantilevered hot tubs where V class does not. Freedom class ships have an added section in the middle. They are stretched versions of the V class.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

No worries, it's all good. NY Rangers are playing tonight should the Yankee game going south quickly. 😇

It certainly seems like the year of the underdog, with the exception of the Astro's.   San Diego, Cleveland & Philly are all playing exceptionally well, much better than their regular season records would indicate.  Most shocking upset is the 89-win Padres beating 111-win Dodgers 3 games to 1.  LA was an unbeatable machine all season long.

It is great to see some new blood in the postseason but I do agree with your assessment, MLB would love to keep TV ratings high.

They would hate a Phillies -Cleveland Series 

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

For @Ocean Boy

A different kind of Lighthouse.  This one is in the Hudson River, just north of Hyde Park, home to FDR, the Vanderbilts and a few other Gilded Age old money millionaires, about 100 miles north of NYC.  There is a state park with hiking trails, abandoned mansions, etc. 

20221015_175321.thumb.jpg.46b38874e7d28d887452d99615b1eda2.jpg

Can't see it? Let me zoom in a bit.  Those are the Catskill mountains in the background, not clouds.

20221015_175326.thumb.jpg.0944b5d0805d0fb686e605f2a995f46d.jpg

One of the mansions being restored to become a museum.  

20221015_162144.thumb.jpg.59c825f77e4ba78cc0095e8eadef4977.jpg

20221015_182337.thumb.jpg.dd77ff4908d7981a01234938fddcfce4.jpg

There are over 25 lighthouses on Long Island .Several times during the year there are organized tours discussing the historical significance of each one.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

@Luckynana

Wow!  What an unexpected event.  Glad thing worked out ok, and you had great care provided to Jim.

Thank you, Sue!🥰

57 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Thanks for asking. I wouldn't say very sick - but did have a really bad cough and congestion, some chills, fatigue, achiness. I agree on people coughing especially towards the end of the cruise. Heard lots of it. We were not involved in any slot pulls. Just finished the 5-day paxlovid treatment and now the cough came back though not as bad. Hoping to test negative soon. A bonus to this cruise is that we moved up to Diamond Plus. Pinnacle, at 512 points away (lol), seems pretty much unattainable since we enjoy cruising with a few other lines. Now if they'd keep giving quadruple points like our last two cruises, that'd help. I suspect those days are gone though. 

I'm glad you weren't very sick, but being sick on a ship/vacation is never any fun!

Congratulations on becoming Diamond Plus!!

39 minutes ago, NHProud said:

@Luckynana So sorry your cruise ended so abruptly and painfully for your husband.  I hope , he heals quickly.   Yes , Canadians are very hospitable people . 

Good luck dealing with the insurance forms.  My husband had an unpleasant surprise from a Dallas hospital after being treated there after an incident at DFW airport.  

Oh, no!!  I have no idea what it's going to be like, since we were out of the Country.

Thank you for your good wishes, Judy.😘

• Thanks 1