Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Still can't get logged on using my iPhone. Stalls mid way. Tried turning off and on, tried clearing history. Nothing works. I think the only reason I can post on here via my laptop is that I have kept the tabs open all night long.

Here is some good ones.

E.H. Taylor Jr. Small Batch (If you can find it)

Old Forester 1920 Prohibition Style

Henry McKenna Single Barrel 10 Year Bottled-in-Bond

Woodford Reserve Double Oaked

Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve

Elijah Craig Small Batch

Wild Turkey Rare Breed Bourbon (highly recommend this)

Weller Special Reserve (if you can find it, this is fantastic)

I'd add Old Forester 1910 to the list.  Most would probably say that the 1920 is the best in the Old Forester "Whiskey Row", but I prefer the oaky sweet flavor of the 1910.  It's my go-to bourbon if I'm not adding any sort of mixer.  If you're not sure George what your friend likes in bourbon, the 1920 is a safer bet.  I completely agree with Greg about the Weller...if you can find it (good luck with that).

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HBE4 said:

PHILLY LOSES!!!

Philadelphia Flyers that is. NY Rangers beat them 1-0 in OT. Meanwhile, that "other" game is a real homer-fest. 5 of them thru 5 innings. Must be a snore fest. 😉. (j/k)

The World Series game last night was very close .Actually it was the TV close to where I was sitting.I could not understand why Baker let the starting pitcher stay in so long.

I was watching the Rangers more than the WS last night.

12 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yes, it used to be in the side yard, but when we but on the addition we had to update the entire system. It is now a tertiary system.  We did this so it did not have to go into the farm field. You can’t drive a large tractors over a system in concern of crushing the septic lines.

A little info below. Our septic bed was reduced to under half the size by going this way. 

Tertiary Septic Systems

What is a Tertiary Septic System?  It is a Septic System that complies with the Effluent Quality Criteria as regulated by the Ontario Building Code (OBC) table 8.6.2.2.A  This waste has been dramatically reduced in strength from a normal residential strength waste count of 120-150mg/l BOD5 to a mere 15 mg/l.

Waste exiting a Tertiary System is reduced to about 1/10 the strength of what regular residential strength waste is! Because of this, Leaching Bed sizing is reduced to ½ of what a conventional system would require, and in some instances it is ¼ the size of a conventional bed!

This is excellent news for those who are short on room or truly care about their waste water polluting the groundwater and wells of themselves and their neighbours.  The Ecoflo and FAST reduce the introduction of nitrates into the groundwater and surrounding lake by 1/3 automatically and the BIONEST reduces the nitrates by 2/3 .

Very first house I bought had that kind of system. In New Jersey they called them Wisconsin Mounds. No idea how they came up with that name, can google it and brings up lots of info on the system.

Our mound was way at the back of the property and a pump system took  the grey water  out to the mound.

I assume your well for water is at least 100ft or so from this mound?

11 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Do you like it? I've got it on hold at the library, and usually like everything he writes.  I had a pretty good wait time until I accidentally cancelled all my holds. So now I'm at the tail end of the wait list. 

The past couple of weeks I've finished:

Simple Genius, The Target, 6:20 Man, all by Baldacci;

Trick of the Light by Louise Penny;

The Paris Bookseller (based on true story) by Kerri Maher;

For the Sake of Elena by Elizabeth George.

Currently reading First Family by Baldacci.

Recommend all.

I enjoyed it.  I would send you mine but my son rushed me so he can read it😳

44 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Cruise Critic is really hacking me off. Still can't log in via my phone. I changed my password. It works on my laptop but not my phone. Anyone else having problems still?????

iPhone 12 Pro running 16.1 and no problems now. 

Is your phone saving your old password and trying to use it?  Check the password section Under settings.  If it saved the old one, you can update it there. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

My eldest grandchild who was born with bilateral club feet has reached a milestone of walking unaided at almost 18 months. He's doing so well and had brilliant treatment at St George's in London. 

He will still wear boots and braces at night for 12 hours until he's 5 years, but so happy with his progress 

Very good to hear that he is doing better.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Very first house I bought had that kind of system. In New Jersey they called them Wisconsin Mounds. No idea how they came up with that name, can google it and brings up lots of info on the system.

Our mound was way at the back of the property and a pump system took  the grey water  out to the mound.

That sounds more like what we have installed at my other in laws. It has the normal 2 chamber tank, and a pump chamber which takes it to an elevated chamber. 

The system at our place has a large 3 chamber tank, to which one section is a aeration tank.  From there it goes to a settlement changer and finally to another secondary pump chamber tank and then to the bed. 

Both systems were designed by the same engineer, as one can no longer by code design and install their own system with out it being stamped. This has changed in the last 20 years in our province. It’s not to say it doesn’t happen but fines will be handed out if it has been discovered. The engineer takes into accord, bathrooms in the home, well location, soil types etc… and then designs around the limitations. 

Our bed system is under half the size of the one at our place where Sharon lives. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Paul from Maryland said:

My morning show on ESPN says the Phillies often knew what type of pitch the Houston guy was throwing.  His arm motion and the way he angled the glove were "tells."  

I think they said the Houston pitcher gave up 5 homers last night, they said he had no home runs in his last 500 pitches.

Unfortunately the pitcher will have to change/work on his “tells” during the off season.  Judging by last nights hits, his motions were known from studying pervious game tape. 

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did you see the story that Angelo's pizza in South Philly denied an order from the Astros.

I probably would have made them the best possible pizzas and 'maybe" mix up their toppings😇

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, I heard that. Could have sprinkled the pizza with a laxative topping. 😁🤣

I read the same thing & had the same thoughts, although mine were along the lines of a sedative or certain "edibles" 🤣.

But any of the suggestions would work fine to uh, shift the focus.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Cruise Critic is really hacking me off. Still can't log in via my phone. I changed my password. It works on my laptop but not my phone. Anyone else having problems still?????

No real issues although every once in a while I get a "Temporarily Unavailable"  when refreshing the site from my phone. Usually I have to wait 2-3 minutes and then everything is fine again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

All good here with laptop, desktop and Android Samsung Galaxy Phone.

I got an email from CC. They admited they are having issues and are working on the problem. Not sure why it's affecting some devices and not others. They did say it was a device issue.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The after show last night with all the captains was a huge disappointment as far as I'm concerned. All Andy did was ask a bunch of nonsense questions when the time could have been used to delve into the responsibilities of their jobs or something of substance. They could have even talked about their thoughts on Beyond. Then they bring in Cat Lady Captain Kate and she asks more stupid questions.

And what was the big deal about this taking place on Beyond? We got to see nothing of the ship. They never even talked about the ship. That entire worthless show could have been filmed in any studio. Sorry I stayed up for it.

That's very disappointing to hear. I may not watch it now. I really don't care for Andy. He could make those shows so much more interesting. To be on Beyond and not see the ship is ridiculous. I too would like to see Captain Kate talking with the other Captains and sharing stories.

1 hour ago, Paul from Maryland said:

Just a hunch...delete the Safari cache on your iPhone.  Settings, Safari, Advanced, Website Data.  Swipe left to delete the data for Cruise Critic.  If the password is hard to type...be careful to not make a typo mistake.  

After deleting the cache I'd take Safari out of memory and re-launch it.  Probably not necessary but won't hurt.

I mainly use Chrome and I did that and still had problems. Switched over to Safari same problem. I am thinking it's more on their end after they did the update. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'd add Old Forester 1910 to the list.  Most would probably say that the 1920 is the best in the Old Forester "Whiskey Row", but I prefer the oaky sweet flavor of the 1910.  It's my go-to bourbon if I'm not adding any sort of mixer.  If you're not sure George what your friend likes in bourbon, the 1920 is a safer bet.  I completely agree with Greg about the Weller...if you can find it (good luck with that).

Yes I completely forgot that's a good one. There are so many good ones out there in the $50-$75 price point. Completely forgot. Jefferson Ocean too.

58 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

iPhone 12 Pro running 16.1 and no problems now. 

Is your phone saving your old password and trying to use it?  Check the password section Under settings.  If it saved the old one, you can update it there. 

Changed to a new password and I still have the problem. The computer and phone is remembering the new password. Like I said no problem on my Macbook  it's just my phone that can't access. I guess they don't want me to do any more live reviews?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I used to root for the Lakewood Blue Claws

Been to their stadium a few  times, it's about 7 miles where our Son lives in Jackson, NJ near Six Flags Great Adventure.

Edited by Jimbo

55 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Unfortunately the pitcher will have to change/work on his “tells” during the off season.  Judging by last nights hits, his motions were known from studying pervious game tape. 

He can hopefully start working on that in a few days. 😁

Phillies hitters looked like they  were  playing  in  Men's League playing Slo-Pitch Softball with all the junk the Houston Pitcher was throwing in a Home Run Contest

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Thanks I knew you and Greg would give me some ideas . By the way I paid over a hundred to cancel dish so I could get all the bills games on tv , so far only one game was on my local tv.

• Like 1

I was watching the Rangers more than the WS last night.

My cable company is having a dispute with the MSG network and has dropped it so I can't watch any Rangers games at home, unless its on ESPN.

Fortunately,  there is a local watering hole that has Direct TV. It's a cool little place, typical dive bar food - $8 special will get you a cheeseburger, fries and one draft beer as long as it's Bud or Bud Light. 😑 But you really don't go for the food. Staff is super friendly, drinks are cold and strong, all the locals seem to know each other. The best part: It's within walking distance of home. 👍

I'm not a regular, usually only go a few times a year, but that might change now. Especially on Ranger game nights. 😊

• Like 5

My son in law is feeling a lot better with the Covid but one of my nieces who would be celebrating her birthday this coming Saturday has Covid.

I hope your niece has mild symptoms.  I think by now almost everyone I know had covid.  Glad for the most part the symptoms are like a bad cold.  Jack and I were fortunate to have mild cold symptoms.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

My daughter's house in NJ has a septic tank but I have no idea where it's located on her property.  This is her property looking out from the front of the house.  Back property is built weird.  Since the house is on a corner, there is a driveway all around the back and side of the house with access from both streets.

image.thumb.jpeg.08627856138c0379fd036d5788b61736.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Do you have your septic in the front yard? I'm thinking I see a mound in the front yard in less that is just shadows?

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yes, it used to be in the side yard, but when we but on the addition we had to update the entire system. It is now a tertiary system.  We did this so it did not have to go into the farm field. You can’t drive a large tractors over a system in concern of crushing the septic lines.

A little info below. Our septic bed was reduced to under half the size by going this way. 

Tertiary Septic Systems

What is a Tertiary Septic System?  It is a Septic System that complies with the Effluent Quality Criteria as regulated by the Ontario Building Code (OBC) table 8.6.2.2.A  This waste has been dramatically reduced in strength from a normal residential strength waste count of 120-150mg/l BOD5 to a mere 15 mg/l.

Waste exiting a Tertiary System is reduced to about 1/10 the strength of what regular residential strength waste is! Because of this, Leaching Bed sizing is reduced to ½ of what a conventional system would require, and in some instances it is ¼ the size of a conventional bed!

This is excellent news for those who are short on room or truly care about their waste water polluting the groundwater and wells of themselves and their neighbours.  The Ecoflo and FAST reduce the introduction of nitrates into the groundwater and surrounding lake by 1/3 automatically and the BIONEST reduces the nitrates by 2/3 .

Last time we had a septic tank conversation, it reminded me it was time to get mine pumped.  That was like 2 months ago and of course, I did nothing. Coincidentally, yesterday I got a 2nd reminder in the mail from my septic company.  I wonder if the universe is trying to tell me something. 😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I got an email from CC. They admited they are having issues and are working on the problem. Not sure why it's affecting some devices and not others. They did say it was a device issue.

It is weird that your phone is still not working.   I know you mentioned you turned it off and turned it back on.  Have you tried closing all your apps on the phone and reopening.   Also maybe try the Firefox browser.   That worked for some of us even before things were worked out with the other browsers. 

• Like 1