Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 minutes ago, Paul from Maryland said:

My goal is to have our tank pumped every three to five years.  It really depends on how many people live in your household.  More people means more frequent pumping.

I've recently been adding a supplement called NuTank.  Mostly because I have a slow drain and have to use a strong drain cleaner.  The chemical in the drain cleaner doesn't do the septic tank any favors.  I use the drain cleaner every two months.  Then a week later I add the supplement.  The supplement is a small item that you flush down the toilet.

I'm on the 2-3 year plan. I've stretched it out longer but since the pandemic, we've been home a lot more often so......

I'll plan to be home so I'll see what the driver says. They are usually pretty honest and don't try to up-sell.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yup, its been frustrating here too.   I have not been able to log on from work desktop for the last 2 days.   I cleared cookies and browser.    At least I can get in from my samsung phone and just tried my personal laptop and that was a struggle but finally got in.    

They are still working on the problems. I finally have got my phone working. I cleared out all cookies, browsing history and data.

32 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have been taking pictures of my fingertip for some reason lately. 

DC4F4F7D-CF14-4968-AFC8-57AB13536677.thumb.jpeg.32824113f86c5b9d503b9ab7a30e986c.jpeg

It is actually supposed to be funky clouds over the Vehicle Assembly Building at Cape Canaveral. Oh well…..

I can't tell you how many times I have done that and I'm supposed to be a professional photographer.

30 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Sea Dog

cant offer any advice but hope you logging in issues resolve asap

Finally able to use my phone for CC.

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Still can't sign in on my phone🙄

I ended up clearing everything out, as I said above. Restarted my phone. Make sure you scroll up and see the blue box that says login after putting in your user info. For awhile I was not seeing the blue box at the bottom. I had to scroll up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

In my opinion Andy is a hack. This had nothing to do with the captains...it was all about Andy.

I never watch his show because it's too sophomoric. I thought this one would be an exception but I should have given it a 2nd thought. I won't fall for the hype again, tho.

Is this another Andy Cohen hosted show? I haven't watched any of them, but I haven't particularly cared for him on other appearances and interviews. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

The franchise is getting as bad as CSI with all the spinoffs.  Down Under just finished last week, Sailing Yacht will be back next year, Adventure premiered last night and Mediterranean likely wraps up in a few weeks before Below Deck  takes its time slot.  You can see all the past seasons on Bravo.  They do marathons of past season very frequently. 

We don't have cable, so we don't have Bravo.  Thankfully, I can watch Below Deck on Peacock.  I pretty much binged on all of the Below Deck episodes just prior to our cruise last month. I now wait a few days after the Bravo episodes to watch the latest episode.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

@A&L_Ont and @Jimbo

As you guys are the experts in crap, er, I mean knowledgeable in waste management,  when I made my appointment to have my septic tank pumped, they suggested I have an addictive added to promote good bacteria growth. The reason is that ALL my wastewater drains into the septic: showers, dishwasher, washing machine, etc. which can breakdown the good bacteria.

Cost for my 1,000 gallon tank is $115, on top of the $450 to have it pumped. Seems like an unnecessary expenditure. (i.e. scam).

These will work the same way, just cheaper, year supply for  under $25.00

https://www.amazon.com/Septic-Tank-Treatment-Dissolvable-Expensive/dp/B071WMZCFC/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=133EV04LHO0GJ&keywords=bacteria+water+septic+ta&qid=1667427879&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIxLjUyIiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=bateria+eater+septic+ta%2Caps%2C217&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A2ZO5ODLYD4HQS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Thanks! Done, I went online to schedule, saw they have a truck in my area this Friday & clicked to schedule.

Now I have to go dig 2 holes to expose the lids. It's take me about 90 seconds as they are under 6 inches of dirt. Or I can have the company do it for me for $45.  That's $45 for 90 seconds of work, probably less for them.

Let me guess, it's happen to you?  The downstairs bathroom is about 6 feet away from the tank, it's right outside the exterior wall.

We still have to find the septic tank lid. There is no grass, just pine needles. Bill and the Roto Rooter guy looked for it, unsuccessfully. 

Now you have me a little worried, they were using small tractors during the last property clean up. I sincerely hope something wasn't crushed in the process. 🤔

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

@A&L_Ont and @Jimbo

when I made my appointment to have my septic tank pumped, they suggested I have an addictive added to promote good bacteria growth. The reason is that ALL my wastewater drains into the septic: showers, dishwasher, washing machine, etc. which can breakdown the good bacteria.

I take it that is a typo?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

@A&L_Ont and @Jimbo

As you guys are the experts in crap, er, I mean knowledgeable in waste management,  when I made my appointment to have my septic tank pumped, they suggested I have an addictive added to promote good bacteria growth. The reason is that ALL my wastewater drains into the septic: showers, dishwasher, washing machine, etc. which can breakdown the good bacteria.

Cost for my 1,000 gallon tank is $115, on top of the $450 to have it pumped. Seems like an unnecessary expenditure. (i.e. scam).

Roebics (and probably other companies) have a septic tank maintenance system for home use. 

https://www.roebic.com/system-maintenance-program.shtml

Our neighbor swears by putting a yeast packet down each toilet every couple of months. 

15 minutes ago, singinalot said:

step 1 of replacing all the samsung electronics in our kitchen….sold the dishwasher tonight and ordering a new one to be delivered when we get back from NYC

ps One More Day!!!! ✈️ 

Have a great time in NYC with your friends, Crystal and Nate!  Safe travels tomorrow!!✈️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I grew up in an area that had town sewers so I when I moved to my current house, I just assumed it was a matter of time before the town would run sewer lines down the road. Nope! Every time is came up for consideration, the residents overwhelmingly voted it down. Mainly the cost: digging up the streets, installing the sewer lines, hook-up to the house, upgrading the treatment plant that serves the commercial properties,  plus the decades long environmental studies as we reside with the watershed that supplies NYC with it's drinking water.  I think the cost was something like $2,000 per year, per house, for 20 years.  Or I can get my septic tank pumped for $450 every 3 years vs $6,000 for sewer.  Of course, after 20 years, the cost swings in sewer's favor but whatevs

So while I always said my next house would need a sewer hookup, I've gotten  used to the septic that it's no longer a consideration. 🤷‍♂️

You forgot to add in there  cost for a septic system , if you live it that house long enough, the leach fields may need to be dug up and hauled away and replace with a new field (sand, etc) because the grey water will no longer drain down through it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, singinalot said:

step 1 of replacing all the samsung electronics in our kitchen….sold the dishwasher tonight and ordering a new one to be delivered when we get back from NYC

ps One More Day!!!! ✈️ 

What brand are you replacing them with, out of curiosity. I have heard a lot about the problems with Samsung refrigerators. We just have a Kenmore, due to be replaced. And the ice maker on it gave out years ago. The very local store has an ice machine, so we just buy bagged ice, once a week or so. 

18 minutes ago, Coralc said:

What brand are you replacing them with, out of curiosity. I have heard a lot about the problems with Samsung refrigerators. We just have a Kenmore, due to be replaced. And the ice maker on it gave out years ago. The very local store has an ice machine, so we just buy bagged ice, once a week or so. 

We bought GE Profile Appliances for our Remodel. Refrigerator , Dishwasher, Microwave/Oven.  Gas Range is a Z-Line

Edited by Jimbo
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, singinalot said:

ps One More Day!!!! ✈️ 

Have a great trip to my favorite city and please give us updates. Can’t believe it been a few years since our last visit . 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Coralc said:

We have a Kenmore too that we bought years ago.  Every time I read refrigerator discussions here, I know we are on borrowed time but I only talk nicely about it just in case it is listening. 😄 At least they are easier to get these days. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have a question/problem I hope someone has some knowledge about.

We were on the Adventure sailing to Canada & New England last month.  In Boston my son got a call and his partner’s mother died suddenly.  He left the cruise and returned home.  We paid $873 fine for violating the Jone’s Act.  Today he got a notice from CBP that he owes a fine of $5,000!  

I haven’t heard about this fine before.  Any chance you can argue or bargain them down?

4 minutes ago, ATG said:

We were on the Adventure sailing to Canada & New England last month.  In Boston my son got a call and his partner’s mother died suddenly.  He left the cruise and returned home.  We paid $873 fine for violating the Jone’s Act.  Today he got a notice from CBP that he owes a fine of $5,000!  

I haven’t heard about this fine before.  Any chance you can argue or bargain them down?

Ouch !!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, singinalot said:

ok wait explain the k cup…does it heat the water and everything????

Well it better, yes. Not hooked up yet. but we have it.

The little K-cup thing attaches to the right of the black area in the door. It only heats when you want the cup, it's not like a pot of coffee is sitting there hot inside the door.

Seems pretty neat and will keep us from putting a K-cup coffee machine on the counter constantly. I guess it will work as long as it works, not sure it would be an expensive fix or not. Guess we will worry about that when the times comes.

20220531_104913.jpg

20220531_105851.jpg

20220531_103522.jpg

Edited by Jimbo

7 minutes ago, ATG said:

WOW! I would file an appeal with CBP.  And if you have any lawyer friends, have them write the appeal letter and extenuating circumstances on their stationery, and include a copy of the death certificate. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ATG said:

There has to be some kind of hardship appeal that your son can apply for.  I am sorry for his loss, I hope he can get this resolved.

Edit:  I wonder if he called his congressman and asked for assistance if they could do something.

Edited by reallyitsmema
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Now I have to go dig 2 holes to expose the lids. It's take me about 90 seconds as they are under 6 inches of dirt. Or I can have the company do it for me for $45.  That's $45 for 90 seconds of work, probably less for them.

You could get risers installed. They can be removed in seconds with a drill. 

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Let me guess, it's happen to you?  The downstairs bathroom is about 6 feet away from the tank, it's right outside the exterior wall.

No, a neighbour.  Since then I have always been careful in watching. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have been taking pictures of my fingertip for some reason lately. 

DC4F4F7D-CF14-4968-AFC8-57AB13536677.thumb.jpeg.32824113f86c5b9d503b9ab7a30e986c.jpeg

It is actually supposed to be funky clouds over the Vehicle Assembly Building at Cape Canaveral. Oh well…..

I have had the same issue with my Samsung S22. My S8 had the camera lens located in the center of the phone .The S22 has them located on the edge and I have to be careful about how I hold the phone.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

@HBE4 our tank sucker/cleaner always leaves a few inches of slurry on the bottom of the tank to keep the tank’s,”health working”. Think about it like a started dough for bread, but just a different type of yeast. 🫣🤢

We have something similar to what Jim suggested that we buy it at TSC.  I like the product Jim posted. 

• Thanks 2