Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 minutes ago, CruiserGuyWPB said:

It’s ok if you don’t like a gay guy like me, even though we chatted at

elite drinks 

Oh Lucas, sorry. I was reading Nextdoor. And was caught up in the neighborhood drama. 🤨 I was wracking my brain, and only coming up with things like Wooly Polar Bear, West Point Brat, your initials....I wasn't thinking of Florida areas. 

And as nice as that sounds, Lucas. I don't think you follow my cruises. My name is Patti, and our last Princess cruise was 28 years ago. ☺️ And that's a little rude. We live in the SF Bay Area and our very best, closest friends are gay. I think there is a lot more diversity and acceptance here, than there might be in Florida. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

Here’s an old picture of Stanley and Gus! Gus is considerably heftier now. He has big bones 😁.

Beautiful, beautiful cats. Nice to meet you, S & G 😘

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Not sure if people saw the 2 vintage airplanes that crashed over Dallas. Very sad. Mike got an email this morning saying they were AA pilots. 

6 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Absolutely unbelievable!  So very very sad and tragic.

+ 1 😢

@ReneeFLL, Renee & Mike

4 hours ago, CruiserGuyWPB said:

I read a recent article on a aviation website about shared flights to fifa with Palestinian and Israeli passengers.  I’m guessing it’s more of a publicity stunt than anything but if not it’s a good step??.

It's an excellent step.

As I repeatedly said, I've always been for difficult compromises in order to reach peace with our neighbors. Human lives are worth much more than ancient stones.

Sadly, those who don't serve and don't bear the heavy price of human losses and injuries in wars, set the belligerent tone...😪

• Like 9

7 hours ago, CruiserGuyWPB said:

What doesWPB mean? To us other folks ?

White bread with Peanut Butter? 

Silly, I know, but that's what first came to mind. 😜

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

Florida West Beach? 

Ah, much better than my  guess of Fort Worth Beach. Which makes zero sense since Fort Worth is not in Florida & not near an ocean. 

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Have been busy so I haven't really been reading the thread. Not sure if people saw the 2 vintage airplanes that crashed over Dallas. Very sad. Mike got an email this morning saying they were AA pilots. On the train to the Australian Museum.

I had seen it on tv.  Such a tragedy for all involved.  May they all Rest in Peace.🙏 I do hope that none of these poor Souls were friends of Mike.  I am truly sorry.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CruiserGuyWPB said:

Someone asked about the HBO show White Lotus.   The first season was great.  I binged watch it.  The second season is trying to hard.  Theo James is great.  But it’s trying too hard    If that makes sense???

Yes, I really enjoyed season 1.  I saw a trailer for season 2 and wasn't sure about it.   Hopefully it improves.  Please keep us posted since I don't have HBO right now.   Waiting for the next freebie to binge on succession and white Lotus, if good.

Edited by Sunshine3601

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

Oh Lucas, sorry. I was reading Nextdoor. And was caught up in the neighborhood drama. 🤨 I was wracking my brain, and only coming up with things like Wooly Polar Bear, West Point Brat, your initials....I wasn't thinking of Florida areas. 

And as nice as that sounds, Lucas. I don't think you follow my cruises. My name is Patti, and our last Princess cruise was 28 years ago. ☺️ And that's a little rude. We live in the SF Bay Area and our very best, closest friends are gay. I think there is a lot more diversity and acceptance here, than there might be in Florida. 

There is a poster whose screen name is Coral that he is likely referring to. She posts a lot in the Alaska forum and is very Princess loyal and very anti Royal Caribbean in Alaska. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@bobmacliberty

@molly361         Are you guys okay in Florida?

We're good also.  A little beach erosion from the storm surge, but nothing like the video posted earlier.  We have a series of dunes between our houses and beaches that provide natural protection.  No other significant impact. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, George C said:

I do think some will move , my brother is thinking about it . 

I've got friends in Ponte Vedra Beach who recently moved from their house on the ocean side of the Intracoastal Waterway to the land side.  It was partly because their kids are all grown and they didn't need as big a house anymore, and partly because they wanted to get a little further away from the coast for storms/storm surge.  It's amazing how much of a difference moving 3 miles to the other side of the ICW makes in terms of storm impact (and house prices 😁). 

• Like 11