Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

If that existed, she would definitely want it. 😂

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Is this really a thing?  If so, I want one.

I confirmed with Lisa, we have one. It’s similar to the one posted above. The bidet function also has a remote control and a hot air dryer for down below when it’s done. 😳

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Donna sounds like a Gem!!!💕

She truly is a perfect Daughter in Law.   We were actually having fun cleaning out a fridge and cleaning up some other areas.

We are back home now.  Eric found a lot of her banking info. Except for her checkbook.  So odd, we looked all over for it.

Worst case we just wait to see what statements come in the mail.

I was glad to see Eric burst into tears when Chris walked in the front door and gave his Dad a hug.   He was due for a good cry.

• Like 12

5 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Didn't someone in here have an electric towel warmer? I was looking on Amazon for one for my mom for Christmas, and the reviews are all mixed and I can't decide which one would be best.

We sell them.  I would definitely go to a plumbing showroom and talk to a person there.  There are some great ones that are not sold on Amazon.  I hate to say the word Ferguson, so find a good local plumbing wholesale house near you and visit their showroom

jc

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

A friend of mine's twin sister just passed away.  So far they are up to $17,000 found in books, jars etc.  A few years before that they were helping her move, cleaned out the fridge and realized at some point that they had thrown out $1,000 hidden in a can.  Roger's mother had hidden her jewelry beside the stove and when the kids moved her to assisted living it almost was left behind.  One of her sons just happened to notice the envelope stuffed in the crack.  

Sorry for her loss.  May she Rest in Peace🙏

Pretty sure no cash hiding in fridge in MIL hope not since we just threw out everything in it, but I'm sure we will find some as she always had bank envelopes with cash.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are back home now.  Eric found a lot of her banking info. Except for her checkbook.  So odd, we looked all over for it.

Worst case we just wait to see what statements come in the mail.

Was one of the son's listed on her accounts? I was a joint tenant on all of my mom's and set up her online banking, so I could pay her bills, even when she wasn't handling it.  And also, all of the collection notices that came in after she passed. It made it much easier. I never needed her checkbook, unless MIL was very old school and without a computer.  

• Thanks 1

Toto from Japan makes the best toilets and seats.  They are complete with bidet, heated seat, dryer for after bidet function.  The one we had installed in our master, opens when you walk to it and sprays water on the sides of the bowl so number two doesn’t stick as much, and it has a UV light to kill germs.  Truly, once you use these, the other toilets get replaced.  Trust me on this as the proud owner of 4.  Bemis, makes seats for any toilet that are pretty good and a lot cheaper.  You do need an outlet near your toilet.  Which is why the master just got one last week while we are on vacation in So Cal.  We are waiting for the painter to come back to paint the wall and ceilings that were affected by having to run wire for an electrical circuit.  

JC

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

TOTO toilets are the best! They are what we have here and will probably replace the ones at the other house with TOTO's. ☺️Ours don't actually do all that, but they are wonderful potties. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

We sell them.  I would definitely go to a plumbing showroom and talk to a person there.  There are some great ones that are not sold on Amazon.  I hate to say the word Ferguson, so find a good local plumbing wholesale house near you and visit their showroom

jc

Good idea. I would not have thought of that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Good idea. I would not have thought of that.

I think your mom would probably want one with the heated pipes (more like a towel rack)☺️ instead of the bucket style. That is a nice gift. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Toto from Japan makes the best toilets and seats.  They are complete with bidet, heated seat, dryer for after bidet function.  The one we had installed in our master, opens when you walk to it and sprays water on the sides of the bowl so number two doesn’t stick as much, and it has a UV light to kill germs.  Truly, once you use these, the other toilets get replaced.  Trust me on this as the proud owner of 4.  Bemis, makes seats for any toilet that are pretty good and a lot cheaper.  You do need an outlet near your toilet.  Which is why the master just got one last week while we are on vacation in So Cal.  We are waiting for the painter to come back to paint the wall and ceilings that were affected by having to run wire for an electrical circuit.  

JC

All of ours are Toto’s.

Out master toilet is the Toto like yours. You forgot to mention, that when it raises as you approach and spritzes itself, it also had a low glowing light which is nice at night. Just in case you need to find the seat before you sit, or want to know where to aim at. It’s no longer a black hole. 😆

They are also a few inches higher than a traditional toilet. We were told this when we were buying, as it gives your body a better position/angle for dropping the kids off at the pool. I have not really noticed an advantage and I certainly haven’t asked Lisa if things are easier now. Even after almost 20 years of togetherness some topics are skirted around. 

I will say on our cruise in October finding the toilet in the dark was a small challenge. 🫣

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Was one of the son's listed on her accounts? I was a joint tenant on all of my mom's and set up her online banking, so I could pay her bills, even when she wasn't handling it.  And also, all of the collection notices that came in after she passed. It made it much easier. I never needed her checkbook, unless MIL was very old school and without a computer.  

Definitely no computer.  Had a flip phone. 

She didn't trust anyone.    We tried to give her estate planning info or schedule for her to meet with a professional but always refused.  

We tried to tell her how to set up accounts to avoid having Estate pay inheritance tax, but nope wouldn't listen to anyone.

I'm was thankful how well prepared my parents were with everything.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1