Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

Hey @Ocean Boy... wanna bake some lighthouse cookies?

317268755_588262343301923_2453168213622662242_n.jpg.a48a78ca3a3cd89fb9c01428e556a336.jpg

LOL. At Thanksgiving my brother and I were looking through some childhood stuff my mom had saved.  In 1975 they were celebrating their 11th anniversary, so 10 yr old me drew up a Happy Anniversary card for them.

Unfortunately, I added in there my best representation of St James Cathedral in Seattle, where they were married.

13FC10CB-D72C-41AE-A4A3-C6E643C1C86F.thumb.jpeg.ed703cd6b97de81bbb97b98e34a1ea9b.jpeg

Edited by Husky1987
  • Haha 13

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I have watched every Hallmark Christmas movie ever made. And yes all their movies are formula driven with the same plots and actors until this year. They must have gotten a bunch of new writers because the plots and dialogs are more interesting. The characters are more interesting and the acting is even better. They are more real and about people's everyday struggles than just a bunch of love stories. They may not be for you but I actually enjoy them as they always put me in the holiday spirit. I will also watch the new holiday movies that Netflix, HBO and Lifetime put out too. Of course there will always be some bad and corny ones but I don't watch a holiday movies seriously. They are meant to be entertainment and just that.

Toby is a Hallmark Movie addict.She could watch the movies 24 hours a day and watch the same movie over and over .I almost never watch a Hallmark movie but I can generally tell when she is watching a film that it is one that she viewed many times.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Greetings from aboard Celebrity Beyond. We have some banging in our cabin…but not as bad as this guy who warned us about it from a previous cruise!

https://youtu.be/W8kbP54Jj9c

0706076A-53E6-4B56-8213-E6B924366718.jpeg

338F06FE-17FA-4F23-810F-56E68EDDB0D1.jpeg

BED128CB-D2AE-4116-AEFF-60A007E2622F.jpeg

We are also n Beyond and we will dock in St Maarten 8am tomorrow. Good cruise so far normally never impressed with celebrity entertainment but last nights show was best I ever saw on a cruise ship , spending lots of time in suite area and also the martini bar . Seadog if you want to move up to a suite you will be happy to know that suite pool bar does have Kraken had a pina colada this morning with Kraken. 

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, George C said:

We are also n Beyond and we will dock in St Maarten 8am tomorrow. Good cruise so far normally never impressed with celebrity entertainment but last nights show was best I ever saw on a cruise ship , spending lots of time in suite area and also the martini bar . Seadog if you want to move up to a suite you will be happy to know that suite pool bar does have Kraken had a pina colada this morning with Kraken. 

Do the rest of the bars have Kraken? I would think that would be a staple of every bar.

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I have watched every Hallmark Christmas movie ever made. And yes all their movies are formula driven with the same plots and actors until this year. They must have gotten a bunch of new writers because the plots and dialogs are more interesting. The characters are more interesting and the acting is even better. They are more real and about people's everyday struggles than just a bunch of love stories. They may not be for you but I actually enjoy them as they always put me in the holiday spirit. I will also watch the new holiday movies that Netflix, HBO and Lifetime put out too. Of course there will always be some bad and corny ones but I don't watch a holiday movies seriously. They are meant to be entertainment and just that.

I'm not one to point fingers.... I read "Harlequin" type romance books -- you know, where they have zingy chemistry before they even talk, and then have a big misunderstanding on Page 184 that causes them to break up, and then they miraculously end up together ten pages later.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  

People make fun of those, but the formulaic plots are probably why I like them -- no mystery to solve, no big metaphor or symbolism to figure out, just like cotton candy for your brain, no thinking required, just escapism!

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, brillohead said:

no mystery to solve, no big metaphor or symbolism to figure out, just like cotton candy for your brain, no thinking required, just escapism!

I agree. Sometimes I want to watch something where I don't have to think too much and just be entertained. It's not like a Hallmark Christmas movie is a thriller who don it. 😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Your intrepid reporter Tree_skier, checking in from the site of the great Manua Loa eruption. Sadly the closest I can get to the actual eruption is still a fair distance away. 

98F12FE6-F24E-4BBE-B9EE-CD68A91E32BD.thumb.jpeg.778d1dec5f0e97d2515c92262e50b8ef.jpeg

if you look really really close you can see the flames from the lava. If I had a proper camera with a proper zoom. Unfortunately this is the best my IPhone could do. 

Reporting from the scene for KCCZ news this is Tree_skier signing off. Updates at 11 tonight. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Tree_skier said:

Your intrepid reporter Tree_skier, checking in from the site of the great Manua Loa eruption. Sadly the closest I can get to the actual eruption is still a fair distance away. 

98F12FE6-F24E-4BBE-B9EE-CD68A91E32BD.thumb.jpeg.778d1dec5f0e97d2515c92262e50b8ef.jpeg

if you look really really close you can see the flames from the lava. If I had a proper camera with a proper zoom. Unfortunately this is the best my IPhone could do. 

Reporting from the scene for KCCZ news this is Tree_skier signing off. Updates at 11 tonight. 

WOW! That is very interesting, even from a distance!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Excellent report Dave! Keep up the great reporting.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

I'm not one to point fingers.... I read "Harlequin" type romance books -- you know, where they have zingy chemistry before they even talk, and then have a big misunderstanding on Page 184 that causes them to break up, and then they miraculously end up together ten pages later.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  

People make fun of those, but the formulaic plots are probably why I like them -- no mystery to solve, no big metaphor or symbolism to figure out, just like cotton candy for your brain, no thinking required, just escapism!

The wife of one of my friends from college has written 20 books .Many are likely in that category. The only people who seem to be familiar with her are those who read her books .11 of them have been featured on Good Reads.

Her name is Gloria Malette.

• Like 1

We would like to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers for our family.

Eric's Mother passed away around 10 am.  

Eric and his Brother spent the morning trying to find her Will and other legal documents, banking info, etc.   He phoned at work and I suggested they look under her mattress...tada  they found alot of it under her mattress.  

I think that scared him that I knew how a crazy old lady that was paranoid of everyone trying to steal from her would think.😇

They have begun the arrangements to have her cremated.  Just not sure what to do with her ashes yet.  She never told anyone and is not written down.

Eric and I booked to sail on Anthem this coming Sunday.   He's not sure he will make it but is insisting that I go and enjoy a solo cruise.   

I'm not sure how I feel about yet.

• Like 21

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric and his Brother spent the morning trying to find her Will and other legal documents, banking info, etc.   He phoned at work and I suggested they look under her mattress...tada  they found alot of it under her mattress.  

I think that scared him that I knew how a crazy old lady that was paranoid of everyone trying to steal from her would think.😇

They have begun the arrangements to have her cremated.  Just not sure what to do with her ashes yet.  She never told anyone and is not written down.

Eric and I booked to sail on Anthem this coming Sunday.   He's not sure he will make it but is insisting that I go and enjoy a solo cruise.   

Sorry about this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry for your loss,Debbie. May she Rest In Peace.

• Thanks 1