Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, she was in the hospital for 4 or 5 days in October with edema.  Last spring they said she had Afib brought on by leaky valve.   Early this summer her cardiologist added microzide to her daily meds of metropol, eliquis and amlodopine.

The ICU doc told me her heart valve is severely damaged.

I just spoke with ICU Nurse and they said she is stable now and they will decrease ventilator to 80% this afternoon and keep us posted.

Coming out of lurk mode to say that I am so sorry to hear about Eric's mom, and will be in prayer for her and all of you.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric's Mother was admitted to the hospital due to problems breathing.   Eric received a call from ICU Dr. Saying she came in with oxygen levels around 60.  Hypoxema due to a leaky heart valve she has known about for several years.  

For now they put her into an induced coma and have her on a ventilator and some sort of compression blanket on her chest.  Dr asked if she would be okay with this or does she a living will or DNR.   Dr said she really needed the valve replacement and is now far too unstable and weak to endure the procedure.  

Time will tell.   

I am keeping Eric's mom as well as your family in my prayers.

Take care.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric's Mother was admitted to the hospital due to problems breathing.   Eric received a call from ICU Dr. Saying she came in with oxygen levels around 60.  Hypoxema due to a leaky heart valve she has known about for several years.  

For now they put her into an induced coma and have her on a ventilator and some sort of compression blanket on her chest.  Dr asked if she would be okay with this or does she a living will or DNR.   Dr said she really needed the valve replacement and is now far too unstable and weak to endure the procedure.  

Time will tell.   

I’m very sorry to hear about Eric’s Mom.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

St. Maarten is my favorite also. My next cruise is not going there.😔

Move to the Anthem. Going to St Marten. 😁. I won't say we will be standing in line for pizza together (that will be only me, no drink pkg) LOL But we can take toes and feet pictures together! LOL!🤣.

And bring Jade!

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

All correct. We have a bus tour to Volcano national park tomorrow. It’ll be interesting to see what happens. 

I have been gone, haven’t followed the news.  So I may be completely clueless.  I haven’t read the last 2 weeks of posts, again the clueless potential is real.

Volcanoes National Park is based on Kilauea volcano, and the one that is currently being talked about is Moana Loa.  IE, I think your tour will 100% happen, but I am not sure you will see Moana Loa.  I remember from 2003 the last time we were on the big island that I remember Moana Loa as a mountain to the west of the park.  

Again, I could be completely wrong, as I have done no research and clearly am not near either volcano.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Below Deck is on and you are watching football?

So, while we were in Temecula, San Diego, Joshua Tree and Palm Springs, we watched quite a bit of BD.  Only one episode of the current, but several of ones I was familar with and some in Norway I wasn’t aware of.  I must say the show is a good way to waste time when you are not really watching tv.  It doesn’t matter which episode you watch, as they all seem to have 5 main themes that get randomly repeated with new players.  So, watching football would seem to be more timely to me….  🤣. Although watching the Steelers is probably a case of nothing else to watch!😂

jc

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, while we were in Temecula, San Diego, Joshua Tree and Palm Springs, we watched quite a bit of BD.  Only one episode of the current, but several of ones I was familar with and some in Norway I wasn’t aware of.  I must say the show is a good way to waste time when you are not really watching tv.  It doesn’t matter which episode you watch, as they all seem to have 5 main themes that get randomly repeated with new players.  So, watching football would seem to be more timely to me….  🤣. Although watching the Steelers is probably a case of nothing else to watch!😂

jc

What did you do in Temecula ? 

Edited by NHProud

3 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Good morning St.Maarten…has always been my favorite island.

FF004805-0571-4E64-97B7-8F67BE86F4B9.thumb.jpeg.c41374fb6bd901911de11dd9ce933705.jpeg

I love St. Maarten. I like Grand bay and hanging out on the beach in front of the Lazy Lizzard. Spending some time in the water then walking around downtown and doing some shopping.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, NHProud said:

What did you do in Temecula ? 

We ate at Goat and Vine(loved it), we did tasting at Miramonte (ok), bought a tshirt for the wife with Bunnies from another winery.  Drove around and looked at the area (liked it) ate at the Bluewater Grill (meh).  Went to Costco for a nice bottle of wine to share with a classmate since I was underwhelmed by the wine tasting and pushed away due to the pricing of the wines I felt were ok.  This was where we watched the most BD.  

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

I have been gone, haven’t followed the news.  So I may be completely clueless.  I haven’t read the last 2 weeks of posts, again the clueless potential is real.

Volcanoes National Park is based on Kilauea volcano, and the one that is currently being talked about is Moana Loa.  IE, I think your tour will 100% happen, but I am not sure you will see Moana Loa.  I remember from 2003 the last time we were on the big island that I remember Moana Loa as a mountain to the west of the park.  

Again, I could be completely wrong, as I have done no research and clearly am not near either volcano.  

I has been a good 20 years since I was on the Big Island but you are correct.  We couldn't take our rental car through the center of the island because the road wasn't paved.  We did however drive to Kilauea and the Park.  We stayed at the lodge on the edge of the crater.  I am not sure but I think a subsequent eruption may have destroyed the lodge.  I loved that part of the trip and seeing the park.  From what I have read where the eruption is the lava will flow on the other side of the volcano away from Hilo.  There is a bit of a flat plain that they hope will slow the lava.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

We ate at Goat and Vine(loved it), we did tasting at Miramonte (ok), bought a tshirt for the wife with Bunnies from another winery.  Drove around and looked at the area (liked it) ate at the Bluewater Grill (meh).  Went to Costco for a nice bottle of wine to share with a classmate since I was underwhelmed by the wine tasting and pushed away due to the pricing of the wines I felt were ok.  This was where we watched the most BD.  

You did a lot in a very small town .  Nothing much there except Pechanga and the wineries. 

14 minutes ago, NHProud said:

You did a lot in a very small town .  Nothing much there except Pechanga and the wineries. 

Seemed like quite a nice sized town to me.  Big enough to have everything, small enough to not have homeless people on every sidewalk.  Quite liked it.  Would eat at the Goat and Vine regularly if I lived there.

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

Thanks, I haven’t done any research about where we’re going or where the location of this current eruption is in relation to where we’re going. It be greAt if we could see something actually occurring but I doubt that is likely. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, brillohead said:

And since there was discussion of Hallmark Channel Christmas movies...

126842688_10223605062331310_1588877012663837127_n.jpg.d073b6ff585a9e196cb3e4532681f2dc.jpg

I have watched every Hallmark Christmas movie ever made. And yes all their movies are formula driven with the same plots and actors until this year. They must have gotten a bunch of new writers because the plots and dialogs are more interesting. The characters are more interesting and the acting is even better. They are more real and about people's everyday struggles than just a bunch of love stories. They may not be for you but I actually enjoy them as they always put me in the holiday spirit. I will also watch the new holiday movies that Netflix, HBO and Lifetime put out too. Of course there will always be some bad and corny ones but I don't watch a holiday movies seriously. They are meant to be entertainment and just that.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

I haven't been in a long time but I really liked Curacao.  Aruba was ok but not my favorite.  I haven't gone there on a cruise but my favorite island that I could go back to over and over is St. John USVI.  It has been a long time but I liked the laid-back atmosphere and all the beaches.  

I found the far side of Aruba, side opposite the port, fascinating for its topography. I am hoping to finally climb The California Lighthouse on this visit.

• Like 4