Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

51 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Jimbo not sure if anyone else gave their opinion but if looking to get a day bed on CocoCay.  I would probably pick South Beach.   This would be close to the floating bar, one of the snack shacks, bar, bathrooms and volleyball, basketball area.  Also easy on and off the tram.

No one answered but you, thanks ! Is that also close to any pools? Not concerned about that water thrill park, We probably won't use any of that stuff anyway.

Which  of the  3 day bed areas is near those water blowup things in the ocean?

Edited by Jimbo

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I was going to edit the last post to say if you try the new keyboard, open up the message app that you had problems with and see if it solved the issue with it. 

I am quoting you using the Microsoft keyboard and the Samsung browser and it's working! 

• Like 5

2 ships in Port when we are there.......8000 people

Earlier today I decided based on this Youtuber picked  Breezy Bay Beach Bed. there was only 3 left when I reserved it. Liked the look as to how close they are to the water.

I can still cancel though and reserve one of the other 2 locations? Says the Breezy location is near Chill Beach, Is that a bad location?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I was going to edit the last post to say if you try the new keyboard, open up the message app that you had problems with and see if it solved the issue with it. 

I just sent out a message on the football app that we use with no trouble. I have no idea what made you think to try a different keyboard but THANK YOU! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am quoting you using the Microsoft keyboard and the Samsung browser and it's working! 

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

I just sent out a message on the football app that we use with no trouble. I have no idea what made you think to try a different keyboard but THANK YOU! 

That's great.  It must of been the Samsung keyboard that didn't like the update.  I really didn't want to switch browsers.  I was not finding a way to solve the problem.  My main problem was when I would try to quote it acted like I was holding down to “select all" then the keyboard would disappear.  Today I thought it may be the key sensitivity setting. While trying to figure that out I noticed how to switch to the Microsoft keyboard. 

It will take a while to get used to the new keyboard but I am starting to like it.  It is really good predicting what I want to text.  I need to try out some of the new keyboard settings. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@DaniDanielle Marielle wishing you a fabulous birthday.  May all your wishes come true.

Thanks, all, for your birthday wishes to my daughter.  36 today and shares birthday honors with Katie Couric.  When we lived in NY, we said we would go down to Rockefeller Center and hope to get on camera.  We never did.  

When our daughter lived at home, every birthday morning when she came down for breakfast, a gift bag and Winnie the Poo balloon was at her place at the table.  Gift bag contained favorite candy,, stuffed animals, silly gifts and always mutli colored toe socks and a Winnie the Poo calendar.  Call it tradition.  Of course, dinner out and a special birthday gift.  I miss those days.  Now she does the same for her kids.  I'm glad.

EEEK where did I get "Marielle"???  Forgive me Marietta!  

• Haha 2

2 ships in Port when we are there.......8000 people

Earlier today I decided based on this Youtuber picked  Breezy Bay Beach Bed. there was only 3 left when I reserved it. Liked the look as to how close they are to the water.

I can still cancel though and reserve one of the other 2 locations? Says the Breezy location is near Chill Beach, Is that a bad location?

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Am I the only one who still has a kitchen phone attached to a wall ?

I had one 20 years ago. I had a cockatiel whose cage was next to the wall phone. He learned to say “rrrrrrrrrrring….click……hello!”

• Haha 9

52 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Am I the only one that doesn't have a clue about what Ozark Kid and Ocean Boy are talking about changing keyboards on a cell phone...............Or have I completely missed the boat on that conversation?

The Samsung Internet Browser & CC don't play nice with each other.  The Muti-quote feature & maybe the space bar and other keyboard typing thing-a-mo-gigs don't work as expected.  Changing the keyboard corrects those issues.

At least, that was my technical understanding.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

The Samsung Internet Browser & CC don't play nice with each other.  The Muti-quote feature & maybe the space bar and other keyboard typing thing-a-mo-gigs don't work as expected.  Changing the keyboard corrects those issues.

At least, that was my technical understanding.

I have a Samsung Phone, I haven't changed anything on the phone in 8 years from when I got it.

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That's great.  It must of been the Samsung keyboard that didn't like the update.  I really didn't want to switch browsers.  I was not finding a way to solve the problem.  My main problem was when I would try to quote it acted like I was holding down to “select all" then the keyboard would disappear.  Today I thought it may be the key sensitivity setting. While trying to figure that out I noticed how to switch to the Microsoft keyboard. 

It will take a while to get used to the new keyboard but I am starting to like it.  It is really good predicting what I want to text.  I need to try out some of the new keyboard settings. 

I wonder if there is a way to let Samsung know that their keyboard has issues since the update? However, I'm not sure I care as this new keyboard seems much better at deciphering my keystroke mistakes into the word that I am actually trying to type. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I have a Samsung Phone, I haven't changed anything on the phone in 8 years from when I got it.

Same with me but we are on older phones. Mine is the Galaxy S10e. I think the problem affects the newer Galaxy S20 and up.

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

13 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Same with me but we are on older phones. Mine is the Galaxy S10e. I think the problem affects the newer Galaxy S20 and up.

I doubt that phones that old will receive the Android 13 operating system with IU 5. That is what caused the issue with the Samsung keyboard. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder if there is a way to let Samsung know that their keyboard has issues since the update? However, I'm not sure I care as this new keyboard seems much better at deciphering my keystroke mistakes into the word that I am actually trying to type. 

After getting no response from the CC help board I tried to find a way to contact Samsung and let them know the browser was not working.  I was about to give up but found a way to text.  It ended up being an automated response.  

What is surprising me is how well the new browser is predicting the next word I want to text.  I am about totally sold on the new keyboard. 

What I was missing from the last keyboard was the ability to hold down a letter and get a choice of ąćcéñťèð letters.  I was able to get it back by changing some keyboard settings.