Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

19 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

You did not say they are similar in your first post. You said they are equivalent which is different. They are definitely not equivalent as the good dr @Ocean Boy said. You aren’t seriously going to argue with a dr about medications are you?

I spent 42 years of my life working with Medical Doctors and Pharmacists.However,I would never state that I possess as much medical knowledge as those of either profession.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We usually do CK and specialty too but no CK on Liberty. We aren’t fans of Giovanni’s either, we prefer Jamie’s. We have avoided MDR in the past but since we are nine nights, there are additional menus we haven’t seen before. We will give it one last shot tonight and then we’ll do Chops and WJ. 

We are also looking into Celebrity to mix it up a bit. 

I'm sorry that you are having such a tough time with your dining times.  This should be a time for a nice, relaxing dinner, not the big fiasco that you and DH are experiencing.   I sure hope things improve quickly for your dinners.

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

For all the women, whether biological or not, who made a difference in a child's life....

image.png.b8c23776939189dc4ebe491ad147b121.png

Beautifully said, Bonnie!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, doghog said:

I agree. IMO, the last few years Survivor seems to be more scripted and way to soft compared to previous years.  But...

No need to do that. 😉

Amazing Race and Survivor have changed over the years.

• Like 2

On 5/11/2024 at 11:10 AM, Arzeena said:

We are driving to Fort Lauderdale today, boarding the Beyond tomorrow for a 6 night cruise. Ports are Coco Cay, Grand Cayman and Bimini. First time to Bimini.

Will post some pictures.

Have a fantastic cruise,Arzeena.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@MJSailors  I am so sorry about your beloved baby Christopher John.  You experienced every parent's fear.  I am so happy for you and DH that you have the joy of sharing your love with your many friends children and grandchildren, along with your Godchildren.  Thank you for sharing.  It had to be somewhat difficult sharing your heart with us.❤️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I am in the minority here.My wife and I buy each other gifts for birthdays,anniversaries,Mothers Day and Fathers Day.Our children do the same.

When I was working I bought birthday gifts for every employee of the company that I worked for .At times there were more than 100 people.I enjoy giving gifts

I have not been able to cross a street since May 2016 on my own and can no longer get to a store.My children buy gifts for me to give to my wife and I reimburse them.

One of the few pleasures I have in life is posting on CC 

• Like 10

On 5/11/2024 at 11:10 AM, Arzeena said:

We are driving to Fort Lauderdale today, boarding the Beyond tomorrow for a 6 night cruise. Ports are Coco Cay, Grand Cayman and Bimini. First time to Bimini.

Will post some pictures.

Bon voyage Arzeena!

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm at the beach. Don't see any lights and it feels like winter.

I was disappointed we couldn’t see anything  last night either. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms!  Gorgeous weather today on Liberty as we have passed the storms and will hit our first port tomorrow. My DH is doing the Americas Cup sailing excursion tomorrow. I originally was going but was advised to skip it. 

Liberty had a beautiful cake in the WJ at lunch. Probably long gone now based on the sizes of the slices they were giving. I asked for a small piece!  It was good though. We shared one piece and still have a pile of frosting leftover. It was strawberry shortcake with fresh berries and a very nice sponge cake with a light frosting.  Well done by the pastry chef!

IMG_7352.thumb.jpeg.b2ee4aaea0e6f2860820a9ae5acdc921.jpeg

IMG_7354.thumb.jpeg.2b1b9494dd85fef06c29e540316ce91e.jpeg

IMG_7356.thumb.jpeg.67f9ff3945e3476098c54ee0cf1896f6.jpeg

IMG_7353.jpeg

Edited by reallyitsmema
  • Like 18

Charlie and I don’t typically give gifts for everything.  Once in awhile flowers or a card will show up!  As others have said we would rather spend money on cruises or Atlantic City😊, although his health is seriously getting in the way of that😳

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@Tree_skier I feel the need to respond to your post concerning an informal survey re: husbands giving wives gifts for Mothers’Day.

It seemed to me a bit sarcastic,hopefully that was not your intent.Perhaps you were just curious if other husbands mark the occasion for their wives. I am not certain of your motivation,of course.

I will give you a little backstory as to my husband giving me flowers for the occasion.

On my first “real”Mothers’Day, my DH gave me a bouquet from our infant son,Christopher John. Sadly, we lost our infant boy shortly after to SIDS. This was in 1987. Christopher John would have been thirty-seven this past February.

We had no other children, but my DH would always give me flowers for Mothers’ Day .My husband is a loving and generous man. He always wants me to know that I am a very caring and loving person.We have been fortunate all theses years to be surrounded by loving and supportive family and friends. I am an aunt and a godmother to a number of children.

In 2004,I hired a teacher for our department. She and I became close friends. So close that she and her husband have “adopted” us as the parents she never truly had. We are considered grandparents to her two children.

Miracles can happen. We lost our baby son,and it took some time,but we have gained a family that we truly love and they truly love us.

As others have posted,we do not exchange gifts any longer. We celebrate with experiences rather than giving things. At this stage if life,we are trying to dispose of some of our things, not collect them.

My DH has always marked occasions with flowers. It is something he does from his heart.

I may suggest that you think of surprising your wife with some flowers tomorrow. She may be quite glad if you do.

MJ

Thank you for sharing😊  Happy Mother's Day💐

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms!  Gorgeous weather today on Liberty as we have passed the storms and will hit our first port tomorrow. My DH is doing the Americas Cup sailing excursion tomorrow. I originally was going but was advised to skip it. 

Liberty had a beautiful cake in the WJ at lunch. Probably long gone now based on the sizes of the slices they were giving. I asked for a small piece!  It was good though. We shared one piece and still have a pile of frosting leftover. It was strawberry shortcake with fresh berries and a very nice sponge cake with a light frosting.  Well done by the pastry chef!

IMG_7352.thumb.jpeg.b2ee4aaea0e6f2860820a9ae5acdc921.jpeg

IMG_7354.thumb.jpeg.2b1b9494dd85fef06c29e540316ce91e.jpeg

IMG_7356.thumb.jpeg.67f9ff3945e3476098c54ee0cf1896f6.jpeg

IMG_7353.jpeg

Enjoy St. Maarten. It is one if my favorite islands. My past several cruises have not stopped there. I'm looking forward to getting back there next year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have not been able to cross a street since May 2016 on my own and can no longer get to a store.My children buy gifts for me to give to my wife and I reimburse them.

One of the few pleasures I have in life is posting on CC 

Lenny, Amazon, Wayfair, QVC among others.  Let your fingers do the walking.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We had a lovely church service this morning but when we got to the beach afterwards it was foggy so we ate our Starbucks snacks and drinks then went home.

Yesterday our route to the beach was cordoned off by Police and coastguard so I made a detour.

We heard a loud bang and just heard it was an unexploded bomb found on the quiet beach near Noses Point about 1 mile from our usual spot which was detonated by the British Army bomb squad.

Our city Sunderland used to be the largest shipbuilding town in the world in the 1940s.

Sadly the last of our shipyards closed in 1988.

Screenshot_20240512_194453.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

Thank you to all who posted kind thoughts. @Arzeena Thank you for your input. I wish you Bon Voyage!

Hoping you post your thoughts here about the Beyond as it is one of the relatively new ships in the Celebrity fleet.

Just sharing some cruise news too !

DH and I have been wanting to take a cruise from NYC to Quebec this Fall. I searched most of the usual cruise lines including RCL and found that most are going out of Boston which required round trip airfare to Boston and an overnight hotel stay. Then, I found that Cunard has a round trip NYC to Quebec with an overnight in Quebec!

We booked the cruise on the QM2 early this AM.

So looking forward to this!

We did a transatlantic on the QE2 in 2001. We are familiar with the Cunard way of cruising, although they have made changes in the cruise style since 23 (!) years ago.

The ship stops in Portland ME, so we can visit our niece   who lives there.

Now I need to look at my "fancy" dresses and see if my DH would like to wear a dinner jacket at least for one of the gala nights.

The cruise is set for September. 

🤞that we stay well and in somewhat good shape until then.😊

MJ 🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Thank you to all who posted kind thoughts. @Arzeena Thank you for your input. I wish you Bon Voyage!

Hoping you post your thoughts here about the Beyond as it is one of the relatively new ships in the Celebrity fleet.

Just sharing some cruise news too !

DH and I have been wanting to take a cruise from NYC to Quebec this Fall. I searched most of the usual cruise lines including RCL and found that most are going out of Boston which required round trip airfare to Boston and an overnight hotel stay. Then, I found that Cunard has a round trip NYC to Quebec with an overnight in Quebec!

We booked the cruise on the QM2 early this AM.

So looking forward to this!

We did a transatlantic on the QE2 in 2001. We are familiar with the Cunard way of cruising, although they have made changes in the cruise style since 23 (!) years ago.

The ship stops in Portland ME, so we can visit our niece   who lives there.

Now I need to look at my "fancy" dresses and see if my DH would like to wear a dinner jacket at least for one of the gala nights.

The cruise is set for September. 

🤞that we stay well and in somewhat good shape until then.😊

MJ 🙋🏻‍♀️

Delighted for you MJ.

• Thanks 1