Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Happy belated birthday Bethany.

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Bethany, may all your birthday wishes come true!

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry I missed your Birthday.  I hope you had a wonderful day.   Happy belated Birthday😊

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Belated Birthday wishes, Bethany!  I hope your day was special!!🎈

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

From our home as well.  I haven't been on CC much this last week, and have really been catching up.

Thanks everyone! I had a great birthday on Saturday. Even better that it coincided with a holiday weekend. I went to a salon and had my hair professionally colored for the first time, after hiding my grays unevenly with box color done at home for over a year. Wow, what a difference. I was just too cheap before, but I think this is one expense that’s going to be worth it.

My family was so sweet all day, Brian ordered a Bundt cake and Andrew even drew me a card (at age 13). We went out to dinner and then watched YouTube tours of Celebrity Beyond in anticipation of our July cruise. I’m not thrilled to be 51 and the changes happening on my face, but I’m thankful for my peeps and our life together.

• Like 21

22 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I went to a salon and had my hair professionally colored for the first time

Couldn't agree more. That's one expense I've found the "gray" way it's worth every dollar 😉

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Thanks everyone! I had a great birthday on Saturday. Even better that it coincided with a holiday weekend. I went to a salon and had my hair professionally colored for the first time, after hiding my grays unevenly with box color done at home for over a year. Wow, what a difference. I was just too cheap before, but I think this is one expense that’s going to be worth it.

My family was so sweet all day, Brian ordered a Bundt cake and Andrew even drew me a card (at age 13). We went out to dinner and then watched YouTube tours of Celebrity Beyond in anticipation of our July cruise. I’m not thrilled to be 51 and the changes happening on my face, but I’m thankful for my peeps and our life together.

As usual I'm late to the party. Happy birthday. Sounds like you had a great day. As for not being thrilled to be 51, someday you will wish you were 51!😉😊

• Like 9

58 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Happy Birthday late!  Glad you enjoyed the day.  51 sounds young to me. 

• Like 5

This foggy afternoon I spent a little time learning to play and sing one of my dear friend's songs... Loml. Interestingly, we both sing it in the same key. This is all mind boggling... and scary... to me. I need to go mix up a drink.

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

4 hours ago, George C said:

Interesting weekend started great ended really bad. Had lunch with one of my best friends for 60 years , but knew his wife all my life , lived a couple of houses away. Had a really nice lunch at Gallaghers, then went to see a show at 54 below which is a great place to listen to music , there were 7 female singers doing Steven Sondheim songs ( my brother had meet him a couple of times) followed by more drinks at Gallaghers, had seen some famous people here and Kelsey Grammer was eating at the bar a couple of stools away , my brother and a couple others talked to him . About midnight my wife got a tip of her finger caught on our hotel door , so we spent next 6 hours in Bellevue hospital lots of blood. Currently sitting in LaGuardia our plane is delayed again.

Oh how awful!  I hope you can still enjoy the rest of your trip and that her finger is not giving her much pain.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

This foggy afternoon I spent a little time learning to play and sing one of my dear friend's songs... Loml. Interestingly, we both sing it in the same key. This is all mind boggling... and scary... to me. I need to go mix up a drink.

Backup singer as a second career?

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@h20skibum  Congratulations to your grandson and his All-Star Team, winning all 3 games!!!  I miss the days of watching Softball and Baseball Little League games.

Actually, it was 4 games and 4 wins in one day.   Those boys were all dragging after that much ball.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Oh how awful!  I hope you can still enjoy the rest of your trip and that her finger is not giving her much pain.

Our saga continues our 2:20 plane left from another terminal about 4 because  of various excuses, at 6:20 plane returned to lga airport and we were told to get our luggage from baggage claim. Did long walk to claim baggage, but we were told that luggage is still on the plane and flight will now leave at 8pm .

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, George C said:

Our saga continues our 2:20 plane left from another terminal about 4 because  of various excuses, at 6:20 plane returned to lga airport and we were told to get our luggage from baggage claim. Did long walk to claim baggage, but we were told that luggage is still on the plane and flight will now leave at 8pm .

Oh no!  Somehow hitting the "like" button just didn't seem appropriate.  Hope it all works out and that you'll be on your way soon.  Isn't it past 8pm in NY now?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, George C said:

Uggghhh!   Sorry for the extra long travel day.  Weather has been crappy in many areas.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, George C said:

Not a good ending for you visit to the city.😐

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Loml. No idea how that is actually a word. Auto correct keeps trying to change it.

For her song it's an acronym for Loss of My Life. (No, i didnt know that I just googled it)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

For her song it's an acronym for Loss of My Life. (No, i didnt know that I just googled it)

Who would have thunk it. Auto correct is shaking its head.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Loml. No idea how that is actually a word. Auto correct keeps trying to change it.

I’m sorry; you did list the title…but I thought it was an acronym I didn’t know.  Mea culpa.  Looked it up…it is an acronym for “loss of my life.”

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

thanK you aIMee...use the Capitol letter which spell Kim... is about Kim Kardashian. The song certainly puts her in her place. And yes, I got that from Google. I need to ask my dear friend why she never told me. She sure seems to like using cryptic song names.

• Haha 5

I just typed a lovely post about our afternoon at the pool.  It went poof into cyberspace...sigh.

Anyway, we had a great time.  My friend brought 2 bottles of Moscato.  She knows me so well. Others brought beer and more.  Someone brought chocolate covered rum balls and trust me, the rum was added with a heavy hand.  Lots of dips, munchies.  This was planned totally last minute. About 14 were there. Music was piped in.  Not just listening music but OUR music, songs of the 60s/70s, so we danced and sang to our hearts content.  Motown, Grease, Beatles, Neil Diamond, Billy Joel, etc., etc.  Wonderful trip down memory lane.  

• Like 26

We had an enjoyable Memorial Day.  The rain stopped, and we were able to spend some time outside, but we did end up eating inside.  

Our grandkids liked the drinks, as did the adults.  It was just us and my daughter’s family. 

Menu included filets

IMG_1215.thumb.jpeg.d18a7e68c6b1d37c67155764dffa4fc4.jpeg

Baby back ribs (always fixed to add the different sauces each prefers)

IMG_1216.thumb.jpeg.dfd925f834b2a6204138278bd0d0f1a8.jpeg

Corn on the cob 

IMG_1217.thumb.jpeg.c52eb230c695678ef04ffce945a140ae.jpeg

Baked corn

IMG_1218.thumb.jpeg.d3aa5d094eed2a30256630908b38892b.jpeg

Pasta salad

IMG_1219.thumb.jpeg.5e613f20671f08d35e8d2bfe28cbcf75.jpeg

Bacon chive potatoes 

IMG_1220.thumb.jpeg.db6d53a6d6c4712fd3afbd86a3535f8f.jpeg

And many other side dishes.  

Like Bethany, we had bundtlet cakes.   Six different flavors, so everyone had their favorites.  

IMG_1225.thumb.jpeg.cd78410ae447dbfa97ca4a53795429fe.jpeg

Yes, there were candles in them, because we were celebrating my daughter’s 40th birthday.  Her actual birthday is not until Saturday, but since she will be away, we decided to celebrate early. 

She, for one, is glad to see 40 arrive.  We hope to see many more with her. 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We had an enjoyable Memorial Day.  The rain stopped, and we were able to spend some time outside, but we did end up eating inside.  

Our grandkids liked the drinks, as did the adults.  It was just us and my daughter’s family. 

Menu included filets

IMG_1215.thumb.jpeg.d18a7e68c6b1d37c67155764dffa4fc4.jpeg

Baby back ribs (always fixed to add the different sauces each prefers)

IMG_1216.thumb.jpeg.dfd925f834b2a6204138278bd0d0f1a8.jpeg

Corn on the cob 

IMG_1217.thumb.jpeg.c52eb230c695678ef04ffce945a140ae.jpeg

Baked corn

IMG_1218.thumb.jpeg.d3aa5d094eed2a30256630908b38892b.jpeg

Pasta salad

IMG_1219.thumb.jpeg.5e613f20671f08d35e8d2bfe28cbcf75.jpeg

Bacon chive potatoes 

IMG_1220.thumb.jpeg.db6d53a6d6c4712fd3afbd86a3535f8f.jpeg

And many other side dishes.  

Like Bethany, we had bundtlet cakes.   Six different flavors, so everyone had their favorites.  

IMG_1225.thumb.jpeg.cd78410ae447dbfa97ca4a53795429fe.jpeg

Yes, there were candles in them, because we were celebrating my daughter’s 40th birthday.  Her actual birthday is not until Saturday, but since she will be away, we decided to celebrate early. 

She, for one, is glad to see 40 arrive.  We hope to see many more with her. 

As delicious as the food looks, those last two sentences say it all.  I hope the same for your family.

• Like 4

@BonTexasNY  Some times it's the last minute plans that turn out to be the best laid plans!  Your day at the pool with great music (and Moscato) and friends sounds like you had a wonderful, not to mention nostalgic, day. Bonnie!🥰

• Like 3