Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes he's been talking a lot about it with his brother on their New Heights podcast. I will be watching to see how he does. He also hosts a game show on Amazon Prime called "Are You Smarter Than a Celebrity"? It premiere's on October 15. Seems like he is preparing himself for life after football. Smart move in my opinion.

I will be watching the series also 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Tomorrow morning is the dreaded flight back….

I DON’T WANT TO GO HOME. In my mind, I’m dragged back kicking and screaming 🥲

I’ll post musings and pics in a few days.

Hopefully you have had a wonderful time.  Sending all the positive vibes I have that your flight is easy and I am looking forward to your musings and pictures.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I hear you. Safe travels wished for you.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Dani, I can totally understand that coming from you.
I am looking forward to your musings and pictures.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

@Ozark_Kid John, When are you making the drive to Orlando for your Utopia cruise next week?  The forecast for Helene looks like it will be in the path of your drive.  

IMG_7403.thumb.jpeg.e51ba8da5e0ce4b8cf5a847a6805aaba.jpeg

I hope you miss that bad weather.  

We plan to start Thursday. Thursday night we will stay west of Birmingham.  Friday night in Tifton GA. Saturday night and Sunday in Orlando. 

Helene is adding to the challenge.   Looks like it would make updating the trip here more exciting! 😆 

Our cruise friends got notified that their Friday flight might get canceled.  They want to take the kids to Disney before the cruise.   

I am hoping Helene doesn't slow down.  If it keeps the current prediction, it should work out. 

• Like 13

6 hours ago, NHProud said:

We watched it , too, and enjoyed it . I think Nicole Kidman is a superb actress . Last night , we watch Maestro on Netflix .  It was very good and the music an added bonus .  Bradley Cooper was fantastic.  I would not watch this movie with anyone who has a breast cancer history.

Thanks for the recommendation.  Will see if it’s available on Netflix here.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

That cruise went too fast.   I am thankful you had a break from all the stress.  I hope you have a safe trip back home. Looking forward to your pics!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We plan to start Thursday. Thursday night we will stay west of Birmingham.  Friday night in Tifton GA. Saturday night and Sunday in Orlando. 

Helene is adding to the challenge.   Looks like it would make updating the trip here more exciting! 😆 

Our cruise friends got notified that their Friday flight might get canceled.  They want to take the kids to Disney before the cruise.   

I am hoping Helene doesn't slow down.  If it keeps the current prediction, it should work out. 

Safe travels wished for you. I hope you stay clear of Helene.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We can only imagine the dread you must be feeling and the only thing making you walk onto that plane is your loved ones back home.

I am sorry your reprieve from the daily escalation in the horrible situation back home was so short but I do hope you have some wonderful memories from this holiday to boost you in these dark times.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Take care and stay safe Dani @dani negreanu.

I'm pleased you have had a lovely cruise.

So sorry you have to go back to uncertainty at home.

God bless you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Well, this was an interesting thread yesterday.  Too bad it has now disappeared.  Only the first few lines that are displayed in the email are all I have left.

IMG_7402.thumb.jpeg.7a5e45c1dc2d2927b1974aa97ea70aa3.jpeg

Essentially, they were looking for a friend with benefits. 🤣

They need to cruise Virgin Voyages…

• Haha 10

37 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I watched that , too.  Eyes Wide Shut was a strange movie. . She gave a stunning performance in The Hours , also.

If you like quirky movies,one of my best friends who I have known since 1958 and now lives in California became a movie Director .One of his early films is on You Tube.It is called Venice Beach Sketches,a series of Short films.He casts the British actor Simon Page in many of his films.

• Like 3

Love you Dani… All our thoughts are with you.  I’m glad you had such a great time.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just a little update from Navigator… Having a very good time.  We usually cruise alone but we are cruising with another couple who are old friends.  It’s different but still a great time.  They are Princess cruisers so it’s interesting to hear their perspective.  Some things are better a few things they like better on Princess.  Interestingly the biggest complaints we read on CC are non-issues for them.  MDR or buffet food.  They actually think the service in the MDR has been better than what they usually get on Princess.  To be fair, our waiter, asst. waiter and head waiter have been off the charts good.  Service like I remember on my first cruise on 2007.  I’m glad for them.  They hate the fact that there is no laundry room though.

Ensenada I didn’t get off the ship…

Cabo was great.  We took a little catamaran sight seeing trip fabulous. 

Today was Mazatlan and we were just going to see what we could find once we got off the ship but the humidity knock us out.  I bought my drugs at the farmacia and came back to the ship.  

Enjoying a quiet afternoon on deck 12 listening to a steel drummer playing.  

Protip to @Sea Dog My man Michael at the sky bar on deck 12 in the afternoon has been taking very good care of me.  Strangely, my tipping well seems to have extended my diamond drinks from 4 to 6 or 7. 

I’ve told him I’ve got a friend coming onboard mid October and to take good care of you… 🙂 

I’ve always got your back. 

One pick from yesterday. 

IMG_2463.thumb.jpeg.4f38faf43b3d61486fdf6ce40c2ad7ce.jpeg

Drunk Laser tag coming up in 1 hour.  

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 19

22 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Protip to @Sea Dog My man Michael at the sky bar on deck 12 in the afternoon has been taking very good care of me.  Strangely, my tipping well seems to have extended my diamond drinks from 4 to 6 or 7. 

I’ve told him I’ve got a friend coming onboard mid October and to take good care of you… 🙂

That would be awesome. Make sure you take a selfie with you and him and send it to me so I can ask for him and show him. What’s a good tip range?

• Like 2