Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 10/26/2023 at 8:56 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

That is horrible.   Unfortunately the chances of getting his money back are very slim unless the bank has some sort of protection in place.

Yes,it is .Instead of discussing our Parkinson’s issues everyone was discussing similiar things that happened to them.I was the victim of Internet fraud,Bank Fraud and Medicare fraud.

On 10/27/2023 at 1:49 AM, MJSailors said:

@NHProud We now live at the end of Long Island making it a two hour drive to the Open at Flushing Meadows.

The ticket prices have become astronomical , so for those reasons we no longer see the matches in person.

Lately, we have also found that there are few players we like to watch.  Djokovic and Nadal have been interesting players for us and the young woman, Coco,  has a good game.

We saw the match between Connors and McEnroe that went on for hours one night. I think that it may have been 1983. We had to leave because of work the following day-it was quite the marathon.

One Summer, we went to the Tennis Hall ofFame to seeJimmy Connors’ induction.

Both my DH and I enjoyed playing tennis.

Now,we watch the various Opens on TV.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

My oldest granddaughter was Co-Captain of her HS tennis team and currently plays in a tennis club in college.Her sister is on the HS team and met Billy Jean King at the most recent US Open.In 1957 I played in a PSAL tournament .The best female player that I ever saw in person was Sheila Maroschick.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Damn, we spend $30 for chips and full sized chocolate bars at Walmart and we will get to keep half of it. 

This is my next door neighbour’s front yard. He does the garage as a haunted house, and the back yard is scary! We get a lot of trick or treaters!

And, yes, that’s snow. 

IMG_1314.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Great News!!!

We were assigned our balcony room this week for the upcoming Icon cruise 🛳.   It was a great ovb with a large balcony, C3, on Deck 7 but we had concern if an electric wheelchair would fit.  

Yesterday our Great TA found us an accessible room on Deck 12 not far from the elevators.  No more concern!

BTW, what is cool about the elevators, there is a large circular area where 12 elevators open.  So when waiting you have access to 12 different elevators.  

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

This is my next door neighbour’s front yard. He does the garage as a haunted house, and the back yard is scary! We get a lot of trick or treaters!

And, yes, that’s snow. 

IMG_1314.jpeg

The snow is the scariest part. 

• Haha 12

26 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Great News!!!

We were assigned our balcony room this week for the upcoming Icon cruise 🛳.   It was a great ovb with a large balcony, C3, on Deck 7 but we had concern if an electric wheelchair would fit.  

Yesterday our Great TA found us an accessible room on Deck 12 not far from the elevators.  No more concern!

BTW, what is cool about the elevators, there is a large circular area where 12 elevators open.  So when waiting you have access to 12 different elevators.  

That is excellent news.

I'm really pleased for you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Did George W throw the first ball?  Yes we're getting deluged with rain here.  Can't complain after all the sunny days we've had.

I didn’t see that , I know he was scheduled to do it and I know he is a big baseball fan there is a section in his presidential museum on the autographs he collected as a kid. 

• Like 2

Just now, George C said:

I didn’t see that , I know he was scheduled to do it and I know he is a big baseball fan there is a section in his presidential museum on the autographs he collected as a kid. 

He (GWB) threw the ball from directly in front of the mound. It bounced before home plate, however he is 77 years old. And most of us remember his beautiful throw after 9/11, so we cut him some slack.

😉 💙 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

@Jimbo Wow!

Just wow!

That is a ton of decorating!

Enjoy!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

PS When do you put the trees away?

We don't usually put them up this early, but since we didn't put up any trees last year because of the kitchen remodel just thought we would start earlier this year and get them all put up. Working on the John Deere Tree now, should have some pictures of that one later today, after that 5 more to go. 🙂

We usually take them down the 2nd or 3rd week of January. No rush. None of them are real  live trees.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 6

46 minutes ago, George C said:

I visited the Presidential Library around 4-5 years ago.  I don't recall his autograph collection.  He had his paintings on display which were really nice.  No matter what one's politics are, it really is an eye opener to visit a Presidential Library.  So many facts to learn.

Me, taking an important call in the Oval Office:

image.png.f2fc200e96edc5245068efba85f6d59e.png

• Like 17
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Great News!!!

That is great news, John!  Have you ever stayed in an accessible room before?  They are huge!  At least, the one that I saw on a Cabin Crawl with a group from our Meet and Greet was.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Amazing Southern New England day in the 70's and people taking advantage if the beach.

20231028_132424.thumb.jpg.be2f6abbfba83f25151c1149217bab74.jpg

20231028_132431.thumb.jpg.6377749058620318f57a67ec0e8f0113.jpg

Beautiful pictures, OB!  It's pretty warm here today, 82 right now.  Going to be in the 50's tomorrow.

Does anyone surf at your beach?  Our granddaughter brought her surfboard to URI with her. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I visited the Presidential Library around 4-5 years ago.  I don't recall his autograph collection.  He had his paintings on display which were really nice.  No matter what one's politics are, it really is an eye opener to visit a Presidential Library.  So many facts to learn.

Me, taking an important call in the Oval Office:

image.png.f2fc200e96edc5245068efba85f6d59e.png

I was at the Raegan Presidential library in 2002.That was very nice