Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 minutes ago, George C said:

I know it was 20 years later but cursing while in military is pretty common , pass the F**** salt, had to adjust when I got home . 

The lead actor uses phrases that were not used until recently such as referring to a man and a woman as you guys and the phrase “what she said”.

A man in 1946 would not use the F word in regular communication with a woman.

50 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

You would enjoy talking with my oldest daughter.  She got her masters degree in Medieval History, with a focus on the War of the Roses.  She is also fascinated by that time period.  I know very little about the English Monarchy, other than what I've been told and mostly forgotten during visits to the UK.

My youngest daughter has a Masters in History and teaches World History currently.My wife has a degree in History but never worked in the field.

• Like 2

On 8/31/2021 at 2:54 PM, jagsfan said:

You never know what you’re going to get. Both of our  twin granddaughters have brown hair and brown eyes. So do their husbands. 
one has two little boys, a brown haired, brown eyed one, and his little brother has blonde hair and blue eyes, like his grandfather. 
The other twin has a baby girl with blue eyes and a shiny bald head. 
Genetics is very confusing!

4388F940-ACD1-47BE-8442-9206D6E67DC2.jpeg

A625E008-DFDB-4B0F-8BD1-DF9E8EC2BE2C.jpeg

1B8BA46D-0D73-4A58-831D-8771CE9AD3D7.jpeg

Beautiful children.    I thought the middle photo was an Ad - he looks like he is modeling his "cool" wardrobe.     

• Like 2

16 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

News update on couple items we discussed last week:

·         More fire info from South Lake Tahoe as the fire keeps burring and tens of thousands of people evacuated

·         Shortly after our visit to Newport Beach three weeks ago, they have a big wave surge. Check out the news video

OMG looks like a surfers dream and a nightmare for everyone else. 

4 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I was checking out the weather in the small town I grew up in in Western Pa where I grew up, 50 miles east of Pittsburgh.   Ida is pounding them. I see rain gauges showing more than 2 in, some more than 3, and more to come.  Mountainous  terrain ,  streams are going to get a lot of water with all on the runoff from the mountain, Laurel Mountain. All of my relatives in the area are on high ground, so they should be safe. 

I'm in Southeastern PA and started pouring buckets of rain around 3:45 this afternoon.     Keep getting phone alerts for tornado warnings.   

I'll be leaving work in about an hour (maybe less) hopefully the roads won't be too bad.     

Last I heard we are expecting rain till early morning and could have as much as 6 inches.   Our ground is saturated as is with all the rain we have had the last 2 weeks.    expect there will be lots of flooded roads

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm in Southeastern PA and started pouring buckets of rain around 3:45 this afternoon.     Keep getting phone alerts for tornado warnings.   

I'll be leaving work in about an hour (maybe less) hopefully the roads won't be too bad.     

Last I heard we are expecting rain till early morning and could have as much as 6 inches.   Our ground is saturated as is with all the rain we have had the last 2 weeks.    expect there will be lots of flooded roads

The thing about the rain in my old area, it is part of the Mississippi watershed, so all of that rain is going to New Orleans.

29 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

There is a gale warning in my part of NY.It has been storming here for a while.The rain will supposedly end tomorrow morning.

42 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The picture of the flooded roadway I posted yesterday was from the Pittsburgh area.  We kept seeing flood alerts on the highway signs on the way in, and it was pouring buckets.  By the time we left about 3 hours later, the road was underwater, and we were the last vehicle through before they closed it.  One house we passed, that was near the stream, had the water level up about 2 foot high on their first floor.  Stay safe.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

There is a gale warning in my part of NY.It has been storming here for a while.The rain will supposedly end tomorrow morning.

Be safe.   Stay indoors.   Hopefully no one has to go walk grandpuppy for a while.    I just announced to other girls here working that we are all leaving and to pack it up and drive safely.      The big boss is away this week so I'm in charge of locking up the office building.   No point in waiting it out as the roads are just going to get worse before they get better.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

The picture of the flooded roadway I posted yesterday was from the Pittsburgh area.  We kept seeing flood alerts on the highway signs on the way in, and it was pouring buckets.  By the time we left about 3 hours later, the road was underwater, and we were the last vehicle through before they closed it.  One house we passed, that was near the stream, had the water level up about 2 foot high on their first floor.  Stay safe.

That's sad to hear and see.     Every time storms like this happen I think about what i would grab on my way out the door (other than Eric and the Cats).   

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Be safe.   Stay indoors.   Hopefully no one has to go walk grandpuppy for a while.    I just announced to other girls here working that we are all leaving and to pack it up and drive safely.      The big boss is away this week so I'm in charge of locking up the office building.   No point in waiting it out as the roads are just going to get worse before they get better.   

We are not going out .The grandpuppy lives 7 minutes east of us and my son in law will likely take him into the back yard.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

News update on couple items we discussed last week:

·         More fire info from South Lake Tahoe as the fire keeps burring and tens of thousands of people evacuated

So it seems a new fire just broke out in the North Bay Area, not too far from our son’s house.  A couple of their friends just had to evacuate.  

This is very close to my grandson’s school, so I assume they will not have school tomorrow. 

20A57C24-D250-4BDE-A20F-0552DFB647BD.thumb.jpeg.d570a4906ff006c6267267bd839525a9.jpeg

If you know the area, it is not very far from George Lucas’s Skywalker Ranch.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's sad to hear and see.     Every time storms like this happen I think about what i would grab on my way out the door (other than Eric and the Cats).   

When we evacuated for a hurricane in 2011 we did not have time to think about what we would take with us .We literally ran.

• Like 2

Dinner tonight at what is becoming our favorite local pizza place…V Pizza. Micheline had the Signature Margherita with a glass of Chianti and I had the weekly special Buffalo Chicken pizza with a local IPA.  Both pies were excellent and will make for good leftover lunch tomorrow (sorry OB). 
75AED417-B320-4D60-A69E-4EE9BDFF7F66.thumb.jpeg.9aaa1818baa3d3ba9bd0813337a2fec4.jpeg

AE6E3821-4142-4CF2-9D21-3B4499B105BC.thumb.jpeg.8558efdc8188aef6d5e193b1e0e65b30.jpeg

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

So it seems a new fire just broke out in the North Bay Area, not too far from our son’s house.  A couple of their friends just had to evacuate.  

This is very close to my grandson’s school, so I assume they will not have school tomorrow. 

20A57C24-D250-4BDE-A20F-0552DFB647BD.thumb.jpeg.d570a4906ff006c6267267bd839525a9.jpeg

If you know the area, it is not very far from George Lucas’s Skywalker Ranch.

Fingers crossed that the fire does not spread to the houses and they can contain it quickly in the hills.

You can try to follow the local news station info here:

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/brush-fire-reported-in-san-rafael/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Staying in bed with a kidney stone is not helpful. Being up and around helps it pass. 

A roller coaster ride may have been beneficial in knocking it through.😉

She has been up and going.  Feeling much better.  We were talking about how the roller coasters could help.  A strong vibrator has helped in the pass.  They are considering going tomorrow morning to the amusement park.  We will see if it starts moving again!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

So very sad.... fires, hurricanes, flooding, not to mention Covid 😢

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

So very sad.... fires, hurricanes, flooding, not to mention Covid 😢

We can add shooting at schools to this list several so far in brand new school year , my niece youngest girl who is just 16 changed high schools this year , because of the shooting at her old high school last year . I currently live in a crazy state that just passed a law that anyone can carry a gun concealed or not without a permit . Will hopefully see my niece and her children this weekend.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

TSOTD is from Costa Maya Mexico.I was never there but one of my daughters and family were there and brought it back for me.

My TSOTD started out Costa Maya.  The winds picked up and it got cooler so my daughter brought me a new long sleeve TSOTD, Lakeside, to match her’s.

• Like 4

Left the office a little before 7 pm and what normally takes 10 mins to get home took just under an hour.

Flooding everywhere, police shutting down roads that I could see several cars stuck in water.   

My next detour didnt go well huge tree down across the road.

After a lot of zig zagging I'm home and sweetie Eric had my dinner all heated up for me.

He heard on news there was 2 or 3 confirmed tornadoes only a couple miles from us.

This Ida is a mess!  I heard New orleans and other areas may be without electricity for 3 to 4 weeks.  

Anyone in her path, be safe, shes not nice!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1