Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, derorim said:

Happy Thanksgiving!  I love the chocolate turkey! 

The kids gobbled theirs up quickly but I haven’t touched mine yet. 

2 minutes ago, derorim said:

I also am intrigued by the cow painting on the wall.

As were we when she got it. It was a gift from her DIL. We have joked about it going to the basement until they visit, but she said leave it hanging.

Sharon is a child of the 60s and grew up in a dairy farm, but none of her cows ever looked like this. 😉

7C26C442-D985-47BD-B8E7-717AC9FEF916.thumb.jpeg.e7456695cb4315dc3eacd13924af9bf4.jpeg

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, island lady said:

Love the pictures of Lucy...now it's time for Samantha pictures.  Please...please Keksie??    😉 

Since you asked.  LOL.  Samantha has decided that the bed is a good place to hang out.  I had to take the puffy soft pad out.  I put it in her playpen and she beats it up.  

201078221_Samantha10.thumb.jpeg.6cb447fc7f9e63e60d7c6900d6410c46.jpeg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

This is the Ocean House Hotel. It is our version of the Overlook Hotel in the movie "The Shining".

20211011_143514.thumb.jpg.f1d935a96c2002b188499a2291eda19e.jpg

Our son (well, technically, Andy's son, but I claim him) is a carpenter and worked on the rebuild of that hotel.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Since you asked.  LOL.  Samantha has decided that the bed is a good place to hang out.  I had to take the puffy soft pad out.  I put it in her playpen and she beats it up.  

201078221_Samantha10.thumb.jpeg.6cb447fc7f9e63e60d7c6900d6410c46.jpeg

I do love this kitty!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I don't think I will be staying there anytime soon.    I just viewed their website and their cheapest room was $965 a night --off season.    Beautiful place.

I certainly will never be staying there. My brother likes to go there for dinner. I refuse. I would not at all enjoy eating there with what they charge. That is just the way I am.😐

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I love lighthouses. I think I have said that many times.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

True.

And, please, keep on saying -- lighthouses are sooooo romantic 💚

Last year, about this time, we were in Aruba. Got to have a Mimosa toast watching the sunrise (yes. Sunrise) behind the California Light house. Named not after state but the SS California which sunk nearby. 

20201126_060629.jpg

20201126_061642.jpg

20201126_062548.jpg

20201126_070304.jpg

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Last year, about this time, we were in Aruba. Got to have a Mimosa toast watching the sunrise (yes. Sunrise) behind the California Light house. Named not after state but the SS California which sunk nearby. 

20201126_060629.jpg

20201126_061642.jpg

20201126_062548.jpg

20201126_070304.jpg

What a nice memory.  That sunrise is gorgeous!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

20201126_060629.jpg

20201126_061642.jpg

20201126_062548.jpg

20201126_070304.jpg

The last time I was in Aruba the lighthouse was still closed up. As I understand it they have reopened it and let people climb up. That is one of my biggest reasons for wanting to get back to the island besides that I just like it there.

Great pictures... thanks.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The last time I was in Aruba the lighthouse was still closed up. As I understand it they have reopened it and let people climb up. That is one of my biggest reasons for wanting to get back to the island besides that I just like it there.

Great pictures... thanks.

On the lawn at my MIL. The well head is under it and the light rotates. 

E9ACACB4-0752-4969-9B8D-47F11DE9BBD7.thumb.jpeg.3d343ca1f419062063b4ba46c2fd2ee2.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 7

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We had done the climb up before. It's pretty windy up top, the kind of wind that will push you back a step or two & makes your eyes tear up. It's screened in so no danger of being blown over or losing anything but still.

The steps on the staircase going up the are pretty narrow and get more narrow as you go towards the top. Not a big deal going up but on the way back down my fear of height and natural clumsiness made it a bit of a thrill. Oh, did I mention no handrail to hold onto??

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

We had done the climb up before. It's pretty windy up top, the kind of wind that will push you back a step or two & makes your eyes tear up. It's screened in so no danger of being blown over or losing anything but still.

The steps on the staircase going up the stair case are pretty narrow and get more narrow as you go towards the top. Not a big deal going up but on the way back down my fear of height and natural clumsiness made it a bit of a thrill. Oh, did I mention no handrail to hold onto??

No handrail? I’d still be up there. If I got up there in the first place. 
I’m the one taking pictures of my family waving at me from the top of the lighthouse. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I certainly will never be staying there. My brother likes to go there for dinner. I refuse. I would not at all enjoy eating there with what they charge. That is just the way I am.😐

I didn't view restaurant details but if they charge $965 for a standard room off season I am sure their restaurant is over the top.        

We are the same way, sure we like a great meal but I am not going to waste money and eat at uppity places.     I prefer eating at a crab shack with a bottle of beer or a mojito

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

The steps on the staircase going up the are pretty narrow and get more narrow as you go towards the top. Not a big deal going up but on the way back down my fear of height and natural clumsiness made it a bit of a thrill. Oh, did I mention no handrail to hold onto??

I am a little bit jealous that you have been up and I haven't.😐

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

At least you managed to drag Jack in....😉

No way I could have managed this "maneuver" with DH.... He will just give me "The LOOK" and walk, quickly, away 😢

I just told him as if life depended on it "Hurry, Jack you HAVE to get in here right now. You won't believe it!!!!Not about perfume"!!!! Curiosity got the better of him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

For as much as we complain about customer service reps who don't know what they're talking about (often rightly so), I'm sure many of them have equally bad stories about the idiots who call them and are completely clueless.

That's where good customer service training comes in to prepare for all issues.

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Still praying for good news for Charlie, Marietta! 

As I am, Marietta.  Hoping for the best news on Wednesday.

Maryann, how is Jim doing with his PT?  Grueling I bet!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am a little bit jealous that you have been up and I haven't.😐

But you can console yourself as you live near the ocean.  Like walking distance or short drive. I need to drive an 1 1/2 hours to get to the ocean. A real ocean. And that's with no traffic and there is always traffic.

I can make it to the Long Island Sound in 45-50 minutes but not really the same.   Not even close, at least in my neck of the woods (water?)

Besides, now you have a reason to go back! 👍

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

But you can console yourself as you live near the ocean.  Like walking distance or short drive. I need to drive an 1 1/2 hours to get to the ocean. A real ocean. And that's with no traffic and there is always traffic.

I can make it to the Long Island Sound in 45-50 minutes but not really the same.   Not even close, at least in my neck of the woods (water?)

Same thing here. We can get down to San Francisco Bay in 15 minutes or to Alameda beach on the mudflats in half an hour. But it is not the same. The Pacific Ocean is about an hour away. 

But we are more fortunate than others in many states. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Speaking of Long Island (Sound) on a non hazy day I can see the tip of both Orient Point and Montauk as well as Plum Island.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Speaking of Long Island (Sound) on a non hazy day I can see the tip of both Orient Point and Montauk as well as Plum Island.

I didn't know Plum Island was a real thing with animal disease research until I read the Nelson DeMille book and talked to a co-worker from New York. That is an interesting facility. :classic_smile:

And it is pretty windy here, we are getting 50 mph gusts. And I keep hearing firetruck sirens. Hope not. Oakland firestorm was Oct. 20, 1991. :classic_huh:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3