Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Just had to show the ribs and hot wings we had yesterday for lunch.

First time we had ever been to this place, had no idea how good the food was there. This was the best meal we had out since we been here in Virginia  for our 11 months here,

Needless to say we had plenty of leftovers to bring home.

https://www.facebook.com/Hickory-House-BBQ-1261297984013286/photos/pcb.1693389917470755/1693382800804800

20211218_134923.jpg

they look delicious - are they baby back ribs?

So much has happened on this thread since I last read it!

Today we arrived home from my weekend birthday get a way.

All that I can say is I am truly blessed with a great husband.

After a great visit with the DD and SIL it was hard to leave them.

Then.

Last night we went to the Nationwide arena in Columbus to watch the NCAA finals in volleyball.

Wisconsin played Nebraska.

We follow both teams and were thrilled that the finals put one against the other.

We had perfect seats a few rows back on the net (comparable to 50 yard line).

The game was a nail biter, both teams played spectacularly, one or other leading at any one time.

It was tied 2-2 going into 5th set which goes to 15 points.

Wisconsin came out with their nuclear arms and lead at one point 5-0.

Then Nebraska tried to make a comeback, but the lead was too much for them. 

The final score was Wisconsin winning 15-13.

We enjoy following college volleyball and over the years the recruiting has change so much.

Now, more than ever it is all about winning, talent, talent  and being taller than the Jolly Green Giant.

Wisconsin has a player 6"9 from Canada, that was a top recruit as well as a 6"8 player.

My husbands only comment was he wondered how tall their boyfriends were.

The also recruited a right sided hitter from Poland.  The whole team went to the airport to welcome her and she is a phenomenal freshman.We will be in a dry spell for a couple years because the tournament is slated to be played in the next couple years far away from here.

I would post pictures of the cat, but she is pissed that she was left alone for 2 1/2 days.

Oh she had enough water and food, and clean liter boxes.  Our master bedroom the bedspread was ruffled so she slept good.  Soon she will love us again.

And in closing, Today would have been my fathers 99th. birthday.  Happy birthday in heaven dad.

Catch you later or the cat whatever happens first.

Be safe.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

So cool. I think you will like it. What we found that works well is that not only is it good for attaching to lounge chair it works well with the stretcher arm of a umbrella. Makes it real easy to get to because it's higher. Enjoy John and let me know how you like it.

I was surprised when I opened it.  I had forgotten I even mentioned it to anyone.  I hope we will get to use it in a few weeks at Thrill Waterpark.  Have you ever tried it on the chairs at Coco Cay?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

CC gremlins have been at it again. The newest glitch for me is a blank white screen if I try to go forward or backward a page in a thread.  Thank goodness @bobmacliberty taught me how to clear cookies for this site only. 
Started looking at another road trip to FL at the end of Jan into Feb to escape the cold. Youngest granddaughter turns one on Jan 20th so we can’t leave before that. 
Those of you who live in FL, how warm is it generally in February where you are?  

January is our winter, February the redbud trees and azaleas start blooming. 
That’s in North Florida. 
Central Florida is ahead of us a couple of weeks. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Early Christmas celebration was a huge success at our house last night.  Although the grandkids had been here when their presents were under our tree, their mom said all they could talk about this week was coming here and opening presents.  There is nothing like the pure joy and excitement in their voices, and we really enjoyed watching their reactions. 

Everything happened at such a rapid pace, that no one could believe how fat it happened.  I had a photo when we all sat down to dinner at 4:20.  By 5:01, not only was dinner over, but the grandkids had opened 12 gifts each by then. 😂😂 I call that excitement. 

After the wrapping paper and boxes were all cleared from in front of the tree, the kids posed for their Hallmark greeting card moment. 

8F2DD38C-64D4-4E53-B266-BC3C16BBEF34.thumb.jpeg.65ac7d7c569aaac5fb8c684a73e42858.jpeg

As for me, this morning I had to try out a present my daughter got for me.  It is a towel / robe warmer.  It was 22° when I got out of the hot tub this morning, and the warm towel and robe felt pretty good. 

D33A2EEF-D1D6-4028-AC67-700B158FE597.thumb.jpeg.a6fd9238f117594567f433efa176c016.jpeg

Now we are on the road to Erie for a Christmas get together with 3 of Susan’s sisters.  

A warm towel or robe at the right time is pure heaven!

• Like 3

Yesterday we had the family Christmas dinner. (If you love brisket try this easy way recipe https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/texas-oven-roasted-beef-brisket-recipe-1915431).  With all the cooking going on it got pretty warm in the house.  I knew the outside temperature was supposed to drop and a few hours went by and I was getting cold.  I mentioned it to Sharon and she said she had turned on the a/c.  I found a pullover blanket call Comfy.

‘When we got up today it was 39°.  Low of 25° tonight.  Forecast 71° Friday.  Crazy weather this year.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

January is our winter, February the redbud trees and azaleas start blooming. 
That’s in North Florida. 
Central Florida is ahead of us a couple of weeks. 

I've been in Florida in January. Your one month of winter feels, to me, an awful lot like our summer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I've been in Florida in January. Your one month of winter feels, to me, an awful lot like our summer.

Yes, but it’s the only one we have, so we break out our heavier jackets and enjoy it. 
December is usually mid 60’s daytime, but this year 80’s. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

they look delicious - are they baby back ribs?

No they were not baby back ribs, just as good though very tasty, very meaty and not to fatty and the meat just fell off the bones. We only had about a 1/3 of each rack while we were there, they rest we brought home for left overs since the rack was so Large.

We ordered 2 full racks not having any idea just how large the racks would be. When they brought them to the table I was astounded just how large they were.

When I went to pay up at the counter the cashier apologized for the ribs not being up to the standards  they usually are. I said you are kidding me right, we both thought they were excellent.

She said usually they are much more tender and where the meat falls right off the bone, she said she wasn't sure why these ribs weren't like the ones her supplier usually sells her.

She said please come back and try them again, I said no worries there we will be back for sure.

Next time we will just order the smoked bone in hot wings and just ONE rack of the ribs.:)

• Like 7

Right now I am having a glass of Pouilly Fuisse,  such a good white wine.  Later, onto Belvedere.  My wonderful kids even paid an extra four dollars to get Belvedere instead of Grey Goose.  Belvedere is my favorite but Grey Goose is good in a pinch🤪

Edited by DaniDanielle
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Early Christmas celebration was a huge success at our house last night.  Although the grandkids had been here when their presents were under our tree, their mom said all they could talk about this week was coming here and opening presents.  There is nothing like the pure joy and excitement in their voices, and we really enjoyed watching their reactions. 

Everything happened at such a rapid pace, that no one could believe how fat it happened.  I had a photo when we all sat down to dinner at 4:20.  By 5:01, not only was dinner over, but the grandkids had opened 12 gifts each by then. 😂😂 I call that excitement. 

After the wrapping paper and boxes were all cleared from in front of the tree, the kids posed for their Hallmark greeting card moment. 

8F2DD38C-64D4-4E53-B266-BC3C16BBEF34.thumb.jpeg.65ac7d7c569aaac5fb8c684a73e42858.jpeg

As for me, this morning I had to try out a present my daughter got for me.  It is a towel / robe warmer.  It was 22° when I got out of the hot tub this morning, and the warm towel and robe felt pretty good. 

D33A2EEF-D1D6-4028-AC67-700B158FE597.thumb.jpeg.a6fd9238f117594567f433efa176c016.jpeg

Now we are on the road to Erie for a Christmas get together with 3 of Susan’s sisters.  

Beautiful photo.  That's great everyone had a very nice evening.  

Towel/robe warmer sounds perfect🤩

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

No they were not baby back ribs, just as good though very tasty, very meaty and not to fatty and the meat just fell off the bones. We only had about a 1/3 of each rack while we were there, they rest we brought home for left overs since the rack was so Large.

We ordered 2 full racks not having any idea just how large the racks would be. When they brought them to the table I was astounded just how large they were.

When I went to pay up at the counter the cashier apologized for the ribs not being up to the standards  they usually are. I said you are kidding me right, we both thought they were excellent.

She said usually they are much more tender and where the meat falls right off the bone, she said she wasn't sure why these ribs weren't like the ones her supplier usually sells her.

She said please come back and try them again, I said no worries there we will be back for sure.

Next time we will just order the smoked bone in hot wings and just ONE rack of the ribs.:)

Now I am craving ribs.  May just have to get some this week.