Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Saturday is our 55th.anniversary.We have not been to a restaurant since Feb.2020.I am trying to convince Toby to go somewhere to celebrate .

Very Happy Anniversary Lenny and Toby!

Been meaning to also ask: how is Miss Mallory?

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you Dani.     Yes it was sad to get off the ship today but at the same time we were truly happy with the 11 days we did have onboard.     

Eric couldn't believe the amount of work he has to catch up once we got home and he got the laptop set up in his office in our house.    I probably won't see him for a couple of days 😄

I will get back to work tomorrow.    

Next week he will take the laptop into the office for one of the IT people to check it out and see what they can do to make sure it works for our next b2b we have scheduled for March 20th. 

Since we originally planned to be on a 22 night cruise I had emptied out the fridge and cleaned it before we left but have plenty in freezer.    We will probably order take out tonight as I hate to cook after coming home from a cruise.  I will wait until the weekend to deal with the reality of having to go food shopping.

It was so cute when I opened up the front door I heard the cat's collars (little bells) running down the hall before I saw them.    Sparky peeked his head around the hallway corner and had this look like What is she doing here!   I wished I had my camera ready.   Then of course our luggage has to get sniffed up and down. 

In your honor I am also going to order take out😁😁

I forgot to ask....did you find the blood sausage you had been asking about?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Saturday is our 55th.anniversary.We have not been to a restaurant since Feb.2020.I am trying to convince Toby to go somewhere to celebrate .

Happy Anniversary to you both Lenny.  May I ask where you got married and where you celebrated afterwards?

2 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

They are such cuddlepups. I love them.

Yes they are. Here's Charlie sleeping on top of the couch behind me laying on my neck.

IMG_2342.jpg.ab40662c4131721b12ca3b542bb3aa25.jpg

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

You should get them SAG cards.They seem to enjoy the camera.😀

Now that I'm retired I don't think I can afford the dues. 😉

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

OMG, Greg!!!  They are so beautiful!  You and Linda won the prize(s) when you were Blessed with Lizzie and Charlie.❤️They are also  so lucky to have you both as their parents!

Thanks Maryann. They are a joy in our life that we needed after our son is all grown up and out on his own.

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Oh my gosh, they’re just adorable Greg.  How could you ever be mad at those faces??

Even when I give them a stern look and say bad potty when they do an oops, they look at me and wag their tails. It makes me laugh.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

how-dogs-thinkhow-cats-think-they-feed-me-they-feed-24298203.png

Isn't that the truth. I love this.

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Charlie has such a sweet, innocent face. 
Lizzy does, too, but with a touch of determination. 
Y’all are so fortunate to be living with those two!

Mimi you summed up their personalities exactly. Lizzy is a strong lovable woman and Charlie is a carefree sweet easy going personality.

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

Another cuteness alert....new profile pic.  Our pup, Stevie Nixx (the double x is a naming thing we've stuck to with our last few pets).

Stevie1.jpg

OMG I love that face. Looks like that is their favorite stuffed toy.

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

OMG!    They are so precious, such sweet little faces that could never do anything wrong (at least not be in trouble for too long).

So true Debbie. Thank you.

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you Dani.     Yes it was sad to get off the ship today but at the same time we were truly happy with the 11 days we did have onboard.     

Eric couldn't believe the amount of work he has to catch up once we got home and he got the laptop set up in his office in our house.    I probably won't see him for a couple of days 😄

I will get back to work tomorrow.    

It was so cute when I opened up the front door I heard the cat's collars (little bells) running down the hall before I saw them.    Sparky peeked his head around the hallway corner and had this look like What is she doing here!   I wished I had my camera ready.   Then of course our luggage has to get sniffed up and down. 

I'm glad you are back home safely. Poor Eric I hate that feeling of never ending work. I wonder what pets smell in our luggage? Do they know where we've been?  Our pets do the same thing. Probably sniffing and wondering, "gone this long and you didn't bring me back any food?"

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ha😁

No blood sausage on our cruise.   We did have a kettle in our cabin.

WHAT! I saw it every day in the Windjammer and commented to RJ everyday that I saw blood sausage. He was puzzled why I made that daily comment.😁

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I watched it this morning.I was hoping that it would be a non elimination race .

I was rooting for the team that was eliminated.

My two daughters who never watched the show are watching this season because of the Holderness couple.

I too was rooting for them but after being the first team eliminated...twice...I don't think it was meant to be.

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Cuteness Alert!
When you have two new puppies it's hard to get one if not both to sit still long enough to take some pictures. Finally after about 3 weeks I got some decent shots of them. Here are Sir Charles "Charlie "(brown & white) and Lady Elizabeth "Lizzy." (black & white) sitting just long enough to have their pics taken.

742179489_Charlie2.thumb.JPG.c32e88d78655c5db0806c71669ff2518.JPG

2021495480_LizzyandCharlie2Good.thumb.JPG.fc643bbfdc7bed8b0f52069507692965.JPG

1541384815_CharlieCU2.thumb.JPG.93fcb188c2b8736fb6ccda63602bb524.JPG

1146570721_LizzyandCharlie2CUCrop.thumb.jpg.a8df3d77e4572d93b0f81aa220775a39.jpg

Potty training still a little bit of a struggle, but with these faces we are more patient. They will get there.

Charlie is the text book definition of puppy dog eyes.

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

How could I forget

Brussels - The Manneken Pis

Amsterdam - Windmills? Tulips?

I might have said the Atomium for Brussels, but the Manneken Pis makes sense.  It's probably the smallest structure associated with a city (although The Little Mermaid in Copenhagen would be close).  I made it a mission to see the Manneken Pis, the Jeanneke Pis (the girl), and even the Zinneke Pis (the dog).  The Jeanneke Pis was easy to find since it's right across the alley from the Delirium Cafe...home of the Delirium Tremens beer.  It was once voted the best beer in the world, so I had to go there and try it.  🍺🥴

For those who enjoy beer, the Brussels beer culture (very varied in raw materials) is very interesting and they take pleasure in comparing themselves to the German beer culture (since the German beer purity decree is limited to 4 raw materials).

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sorry you had it so bad.  We had it over Christmas and it was very mild.  The cold I had in November was far worse.

Royal does not make any exceptions to the antigen test and will not accept letters of recovery.

Royal only requires an antigen test which as you said is far less sensitive than the PCR test and nearly everyone tests negative 7-10 days after recovery.  It's the PCR test where you can test positive for many months.

Since you need the antigen test anyway depending on how you time it you can use the same antigen test for entry into the US and to board the ship.  Where you bonus is the return to Canada where your positive test will get you back in without testing or quarantine for 180 days

Thanks Ken!

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I might have said the Atomium for Brussels, but the Manneken Pis makes sense.  It's probably the smallest structure associated with a city (although The Little Mermaid in Copenhagen would be close). 

You're right - the Atomium and the Manneken are "photo finish".

And, while looking at John's puzzle, there was

the Little Mermaid

The Sphinx

The Tower of Pizza

The Grand Palace in Bangkok 

Rio de Janeiro - Christ the Redeemer

Dubai, Kuala Lumpur, Quebec and many others ....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

The Gabapentin made me very dizzy but I took it anyway for 9 months and it did not help me at all.People tend to react differently .

The doctor gave me Gabapentin when I had Shingles. I took it, for I think, a day and then quit. It made me feel very odd.

And now the vet has prescribed Gabapentin for the cat for office visit anxiety. :classic_rolleyes: One capsule 15 hours before his appointment and a second 2-3 hours before. We will have to see how that goes.....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I share something in common with several people on this thread ,including Bonnie.She was a camper in the same summer that I was an Asst.Counsellor in the camp.Bonnie ,I found a list of the staff for the summer of 1959.Do you recall Girls Counsellor Rona Lichtenstein and Girls Head Counsellor Sandy Yedwab ?

No Lenny, not familiar.  My favorite counselor was Maxine whose boyfriend Alan was also a counselor.

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Cuteness Alert!
When you have two new puppies it's hard to get one if not both to sit still long enough to take some pictures. Finally after about 3 weeks I got some decent shots of them. Here are Sir Charles "Charlie "(brown & white) and Lady Elizabeth "Lizzy." (black & white) sitting just long enough to have their pics taken.

742179489_Charlie2.thumb.JPG.c32e88d78655c5db0806c71669ff2518.JPG

2021495480_LizzyandCharlie2Good.thumb.JPG.fc643bbfdc7bed8b0f52069507692965.JPG

1541384815_CharlieCU2.thumb.JPG.93fcb188c2b8736fb6ccda63602bb524.JPG

1146570721_LizzyandCharlie2CUCrop.thumb.jpg.a8df3d77e4572d93b0f81aa220775a39.jpg

Potty training still a little bit of a struggle, but with these faces we are more patient. They will get there.

Oh, those sweet faces and those eyes!!!

• Like 1

A little early but this is the menu for Valentine’s dinner at our favorite restaurant , will definitely get a upscale Cabernet with it. Will go the Saturday before since wife  works on Valentine’s Day. Definitely the surf and turf , there crème brûlée is excellent.

image.thumb.jpeg.caa697a768a1bce80ea2e18aa3277b3e.jpeg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We arrived home this morning around 11 am from our cruise.   My neighbor came over to tell us that our County Health Dept was giving out free covid test kits today at a local park.    They gave out 4 kits per vehicle.     Sat in a huge line of cars that moved pretty quick as they had it very well organized.     Plus we ordered the 4 kits online from the federal website and we still have 3 kits from emed left (save them for the next cruise).     

How is your Daughter feeling today?

Good luck to Caden with his basketball game.     I am sure he will shine as he does with everything else🥰

That is nice your county is providing free kits.  Thankful you had a safe trip.  The daughter said earlier that her temperature is coming down but her throat fells like it has a billion needles in it.  Just messaged her and she said the temperature is normal but the throat is still bad.  She works at a nursing home.  Several are out with Covid and more out today.  The few left are under a heavy load.
We just got back from watching Caden.  He was having a blast.  He was hopping all over.  He made several baskets.  At this age they do not keep score but I know Caden kept up with it. His mind is always going.  😂 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

WHAT! I saw it every day in the Windjammer and commented to RJ everyday that I saw blood sausage. He was puzzled why I made that daily comment.😁

I looked for it the first morning, 2nd morning I asked and was told they ran out and probably would not be getting back until they return to Europe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

oh, I love peppers and onions on pizza and many other yummy toppings, except olives and anchovies..

YUCK!

Onions and garlic are my best friends.

And if you carry a clove in your pocket I am certain you will have no problems social distancing!😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, George C said:

A little early but this is the menu for Valentine’s dinner at our favorite restaurant , will definitely get a upscale Cabernet with it. Will go the Saturday before since wife  works on Valentine’s Day. Definitely the surf and turf , there crème brûlée is excellent.

image.thumb.jpeg.caa697a768a1bce80ea2e18aa3277b3e.jpeg

How lovely that you celebrate Valentines Day.  Very nice menu.  I like all the options on offer.

• Like 1