Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

26 minutes ago, island lady said:

That is why the two of you are so alike.  😉 😄 

37 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Chocolate crinkles or as I like to call them : brownie cookies (not brookies cuz those are another thing all together)

I was thinking more like Cannabies. 😎

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, singinalot said:

holiday baking...just gotta find someone to give these to so I don’t eat them all.

I'll be more than happy to have some (in order to compare them to mine 😁).... the cost of flight, though....

Reminds me of a joke about a VIP who went to Maxim's (Paris) on Christmas day and the owner told him "you can have one item free from the menu". The VIP ordered strawberries. The owner: "gladly -- the strawberries will be free of charge, you'll only pay for the cost of flight to bring them here from Morocco"...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The Holderness Family has a good one.

They have been releasing covid theme parody songs since the pandemic started. So, if you have 12-14 hours you want to kill, have fun searching.

This is my Christmas gift to CC.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

The Holderness Family has a good one.

They have been releasing covid theme parody songs since the pandemic started. So, if you have 12-14 hours you want to kill, have fun searching.

This is my Christmas gift to CC.

I saw that one but waited so you could post it in the Spirit of Christmas. 😇

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

On a Waffle House note, I resisted eating at WH for many years.  I was on a guys golf trip about 10 years ago and was "forced" to eat there because it's where everyone else wanted to go for breakfast.  All I can say now is, smothered and covered.

Is WH the place that serves pecan waffles?  I was dating a girl years ago who loved those things and we had to go there at least once a week.  I have to say, they were pretty good.

• Like 3

OK, I went with the good old sugar cookie. I looked for a relatively simple recipe not involving refrigeration, cookie press, etc. I even left a few plain in case of a picky eater. Ha. 

This recipe was called: THE BEST SOFT AND CHEWY SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE.  I can attest that they are quite good. 

20201224_132836.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You need a Kindle. 

Just ask Alexa to hook you up😁

I have a Samsung Tab A that we used to use for its maps when we still had our Rzr (UTV).  I now use it as my traveling computer and my reading tablet.  I especially enjoy being able to get ebooks from our library -- it's a pretty comprehensive library system, and the choices are great.  I'm currently reading Mark Twain's Following the Equator (written in 1895 when he was sailing ... well, along the Equator!) and will follow it up with his The Innocents Abroad.  His descriptions of Hawaii and Australia/New Zealand were particularly interesting.  When his ship put to in Hawaii, they were unable to disembark because of . . . a pandemic!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

It's amazing how this thread is still going strong.  If I only check in once a day, I end up behind on several conversations.  My add to the book discussion:

I'm also a fan of Baldacci's books.  I think the first book of his that I read was the Camel Club.  It's a good series if you haven't read it.  Will Robie and Amos Decker are also very good.  I haven't read any Atlee Pine yet.  Will need to give that a try.

I thought the John Puller series was good but was too much like Jack Reacher, which I also greatly enjoyed.  I too was disappointed in seeing Tom Cruise play Reacher.  That character is supposed to be 6'5"/250 pounds and physically intimidate/beat up people when needed.  I read an interview with Lee Child where he said that he purposely made Reacher big so that there was never a doubt that he would win any fight.  He compared it to a fan following his/her favorite sports team.  Would you rather have your favorite team in a very tight match and manage to win at the end (a common book plot), or would you rather have your team jump out to an early lead and win easily?  Child chose the later approach for Reacher.  Gotta admit that I enjoy seeing my teams win big and easy.

If you're looking for something new, I also liked the Virgil Flowers series from John Sandford.  They are a spin-off of Sandford's Lucas Davenport series, which was also good.  Similar style to Baldacci and Patterson.

I did most of my reading on a plane.  Between Covid and retirement, that won't be happening nearly as much.  I'll need to shift to reading on the beach.  😎

Sandford lived in Minneapolis and wrote for the St Paul paper. Some of his books take place in MN and the MPLS police department. Really enjoyable reading. Thanks for mentioning him I had forgotten about his and some other MN mystery writers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Thank you. Merry Christmas you and your family. Stay healthy and safe. 

Thank you and same back at you. Will celebrate Christmas for the first time since the ARMY without my family as my daughter, SIL, and grandkids are in quarantine. They were all exposed at a Christmas event at my SIL parents. His Dad is sick now with CV19. My son in Miami is not coming up as he is working. Our big family has cancelled all family functions to be on the safe side (smart move).  So the boss and I will share Christmas together. Hoping for a better 2021. We make the best of our situation. 

M8

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Thank you and same back at you. Will celebrate Christmas for the first time since the ARMY without my family as my daughter, SIL, and grandkids are in quarantine. They were all exposed at a Christmas event at my SIL parents. His Dad is sick now with CV19. My son in Miami is not coming up as he is working. Our big family has cancelled all family functions to be on the safe side (smart move).  So the boss and I will share Christmas together. Hoping for a better 2021. We make the best of our situation. 

M8

Sorry to hear your family are in quarantine.

First time in our 42 years together it will be just  the 2 of us for Christmas Day.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You need a Kindle. 

Just ask Alexa to hook you up😁

Yes, I know and will get one soon but Alexa is so bossy and controlling. I will not involve her.

I always take a book with me to docs, dentists, car washes, planes, trains, ships but this time I really missed the boat. Will not happen again.

Merry Christmas to you and Laura and "my" sweet Bella.

• Thanks 1