Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Good analogy.  Since I was born in Boston (Newton-Wellesley hospital), I have Red Sox blood in my veins.  They are my MLB team.  That was a great Sox team and a great ALCS.  Kurt Schilling and the bloody sock!  While I was glad to (finally) see the Sox win the World Series, it was definitely a dud compared to the ALCS.  Still, felt good to exercise the Bill Buckner and Bucky F***ing Dent demons.  

Good idea.  Not sure why it's focused on sudden death right away. 

Glad that you're feeling better.  Have a great second cruise.

I have never and most likely never will like the Red Sox’s , growing up in New York the one team I have loved my entire life was the New York Yankees, I was born in 1949 the Yankees were in the World Series almost every year in my youth , I have about a dozen books on them and my hero Mickey Mantle, two of the best gifts I ever got were a signed baseball and a signed sports illustrated by Mickey, definitely a flawed hero but a amazing ball player, also almost everyone loved Yogi . 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Up here, there are 31 days in March.

I have a form of Dementia in which I can no longer remember how many days are in a month.I at times forget the letters of the alphabet ,peoples names and other things .It does not happen all the time but today twice .I play on line word games to try and keep my memory sharp.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, George C said:

I have never and most likely never will like the Red Sox’s , growing up in New York the one team I have loved my entire life was the New York Yankees, I was born in 1949 the Yankees were in the World Series almost every year in my youth , I have about a dozen books on them and my hero Mickey Mantle, two of the best gifts I ever got were a signed baseball and a signed sports illustrated by Mickey, definitely a flawed hero but a amazing ball player, also almost everyone loved Yogi . 

I was a Brooklyn Dodgers fan and in 1962 I became a Mets fan but I still bleed Dodger Blue and I root for the Red Sox.The only time I rooted for the Crankees was when my friend Frank Tepedino played for the team.

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We feel this way about the 2004 ALCS, Red Sox vs Yankees where the Sox came back from 0-3 to beat the Yankees and move on to win the World Series.  In fact we have a highlight disc that we watch every year before baseball season starts.  

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Good analogy.  Since I was born in Boston (Newton-Wellesley hospital), I have Red Sox blood in my veins.  They are my MLB team.  That was a great Sox team and a great ALCS.  Kurt Schilling and the bloody sock!  While I was glad to (finally) see the Sox win the World Series, it was definitely a dud compared to the ALCS.  Still, felt good to exercise the Bill Buckner and Bucky F***ing Dent demons. 

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Even coming from NY, I have to say that was an awesome Red Sox win.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am very happy whenever the Crankees lose.A friend of mine graduated HS with Rico Petrocelli and during Rico’s 22 years with Boston I always rooted for them.

2004 ALCS? Hmmm, I have trouble remembering that one. Must've been uneventful. 😁

I kid of course. I remember every horrific detail. I console myself by saying its only fair that the greatest team on any sport ever should suffer one of the most historic collapses of any  team, making them the best and worst. Two extremes.

I also tell my many friends that are Red Sox fans that the Soxs are an "early century" team.  By that I mean, they won a bunch championships from 1903 thru 1918, then nothing for the next 86 years until another early century run of 4 WS titles from 2004 thru 2018. I'm seeing a trend. 😉

First NY Yankee WS was 1923. Let's see if trends continue!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

2004 ALCS? Hmmm, I have trouble remembering that one. Must've been uneventful. 😁

I kid of course. I remember every horrific detail. I console myself by saying its only fair that the greatest team on any sport ever should suffer one of the most historic collapses of any  team, making them the best and worst. Two extremes.

I also tell my many friends that are Red Sox fans that the Soxs are an "early century" team.  By that I mean, they won a bunch championships from 1903 thru 1918, then nothing for the next 86 years until another early century run of 4 WS titles from 2004 thru 2018. I'm seeing a trend. 😉

First NY Yankee WS was 1923. Let's see if trends continue!!

The METS will be the best baseball team from 2022 and onward.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, George C said:

ah, you got to see them during the days when the anti-Yankee rallying cry was "Break up the Yankees, they are too good".

I was born in 1964, which is when they were on the decline and nothing special for the next 12 years.  Favorite players are Thurmond Munson from the 70's and Paul O'Neill from the 90's. Both had a certain kind of grit that I appreciate.  First Yankee game I ever attended in person was 1996 & Paulie hit a home run.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The METS will be the best baseball team from 2022 and onward.

I'm a NY Yankee fan first and a New York fan second. I will cheer on the Mets as long as they do not play the Yankees.

The 1986 World Series was one of the most exciting series ever.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

ah, you got to see them during the days when the anti-Yankee rallying cry was "Break up the Yankees, they are too good".

I was born in 1964, which is when they were on the decline and nothing special for the next 12 years.  Favorite players are Thurmond Munson from the 70's and Paul O'Neill from the 90's. Both had a certain kind of grit that I appreciate.  First Yankee game I ever attended in person was 1996 & Paulie hit a home run.

Only chant I have ever heard at Fenway is " Yankees  S@#$%!"  Yankees don't even have to be playing at Fenway for that one to start up. 😄 

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I'm a NY Yankee fan first and a New York fan second. I will cheer on the Mets as long as they do not play the Yankees.

The 1986 World Series was one of the most exciting series ever.

The only time I rooted for the Yankees was in 1967 and 1969 to 1972 when Frank Tepedino played for them.

In 1994 I was doing volunteer work for the Make A Wish Foundation.

I contacted several former Mets and Yankees players asking them if they would volunteer some time.

One of the people I called was Phil Rizzuto.I spoke to his wife.She said that Phil was ill and could not attend but he would autograph memorabilia and a nephew of his would bring them to the fundraiser.We expected at most about 25 items.His nephew came with two large cartons and hundreds of items.Frank came with about 100 signed items as did several other former Yankees.Many ex Mets also came with items.

However,two of the most prominent ex Mets asked for large sums of money.I was turned off by this .

Edited by lenquixote66
  • Like 3

One more interesting thing about famous people and greed.

In 1980 a Sports Collectibles store in Brooklyn invited a big name baseball player to appear at their store and sign autographs.The store owner was looking for a neighborhood child to be there as well.

My 6 year old daughter was selected.A local newspaper sent a reporter and a cameraman to take pictures of the player and my daughter and they wrote a very nice story .This player is considered my many people to be in the top 5 of all time,a huge superstar.

After a few hours when he was getting ready to leave I asked if he would autograph a picture for my daughter.He asked for $100.Nobody present could believe he said that.An ex Dodger player was also in the store .He called my daughter over to where he was sitting and gave her a beautiful photo of himself and signed it.She was so happy and she still has that picture.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Only chant I have ever heard at Fenway is " Yankees  S@#$%!"  Yankees don't even have to be playing at Fenway for that one to start up. 😄 

Funny, the NY Rangers have a similar chant: "Potvin S@#$%". Denis Potvin was the captain of the arch-rivals NY Islanders and back in 1979 delivered a hit to an up-and-coming speedy scorer by the name of Ulf Nilisson, a budding superstar who was going to help the Rangers win the Stanley Cup. Broke his ankle and was lost for the season. When he returned, he was never the same player and his career fizzled out in 1983 while the NY Islanders went on to win 4 consecutive Stanley Cups.

Anyways, whenever the Islanders were playing the Rangers & Denis Potvin had the puck, the chant would start. After Potvin retired, the chant continued. Doesn't matter who they are playing. I must've heard it 6 times during last Friday nights game against the Minnesota Wild. Funny thing is, I'd say at least 75% of the crowd wasn't even alive in 1979. Wonder if they know why they chant it or is it now just tradition?  One that I wouldn't mind seeing retired.

Ulf Nilsson said that Potvin delivered a good, clean hit and it was the crappy Madison Square Garden Ice for the reason he broke his ankle.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

This player is considered my many people to be in the top 5 of all time,a huge superstar.

After a few hours when he was getting ready to leave I asked if he would autograph a picture for my daughter.He asked for $100.Nobody present could believe he said that.

If it was Pete Rose, that's understandable. He needed the money to cover a bet. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

You are young enough to be my child and George is young enough to be my brother.😀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, George C said:

Yogi and Mickey are legendary, especially Yogi's wit.  I always loved the Yankees parade in Manhattan celebrating each series they won.

I've told this story in here before:

For a 2nd grade English assignment, my daughter had to write a letter to someone "famous".  My daughter wrote to Derek Jeter.  Part of it was hysterical:

Dear Derek Jeter,

I'm sorry you lost the World Series but you must be rolling in dough anyway.

Teacher called me special to laugh about it.  I don't recall if the letters were actually mailed!

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, George C said:

Rivalries like the Red Sox and Yankees are what makes sports great.  As a Sox fan, baseball wouldn't be nearly as much fun without the Yankees to hate. Same is true for college football since I'm an Ohio State fan and hate that team up north (one of my favorite ESPN commercials here).  I'm old enough that my Bills rivalry was the Dolphins based on the Kelly/Marino days (squish the fish).  I don't hate the Patriots as much as many younger fans do.  As much as I hate to admit it, I respect them.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

One more interesting thing about famous people and greed.

In 1980 a Sports Collectibles store in Brooklyn invited a big name baseball player to appear at their store and sign autographs.The store owner was looking for a neighborhood child to be there as well.

My 6 year old daughter was selected.A local newspaper sent a reporter and a cameraman to take pictures of the player and my daughter and they wrote a very nice story .This player is considered my many people to be in the top 5 of all time,a huge superstar.

After a few hours when he was getting ready to leave I asked if he would autograph a picture for my daughter.He asked for $100.Nobody present could believe he said that.An ex Dodger player was also in the store .He called my daughter over to where he was sitting and gave her a beautiful photo of himself and signed it.She was so happy and she still has that picture.

54 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Not Pete Rose.Everyone who was in the store was shocked from the store owner to the ex-Dodger player to the newspaper reporter to his cameraman.

I was going to guess Pete Rose also.  We were on a plane flying from Cincinnati to Las Vegas several years ago and Pete was on the plane.  I figured he was going there for a gambling trip.  I saw him later signing autographs in a sports memorabilia store.  I think he was asking $50 a signature.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Rivalries like the Red Sox and Yankees are what makes sports great.  As a Sox fan, baseball wouldn't be nearly as much fun without the Yankees to hate. Same is true for college football since I'm an Ohio State fan and hate that team up north (one of my favorite ESPN commercials here).  I'm old enough that my Bills rivalry was the Dolphins based on the Kelly/Marino days (squish the fish).  I don't hate the Patriots as much as many younger fans do.  As much as I hate to admit it, I respect them.

I was going to guess Pete Rose also.  We were on a plane flying from Cincinnati to Las Vegas several years ago and Pete was on the plane.  I figured he was going there for a gambling trip.  I saw him later signing autographs in a sports memorabilia store.  I think he was asking $50 a signature.  

Note Pete Rose.This guy is in the Hall Of Fame.He was a first ballot inductee.

31 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm waiting anxiously for Ocean Boy's safe return home!

27 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Me too

17 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Me three

@Ocean Boy

Me four 🌺

23 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I would expect that he is home and spending some quality time with a snow blower. ❄️☃️

Or, he stopped for a pizza on his way home 🍕

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

Today I repacked our luggage for our upcoming cruise, since it was a hot mess after we realized we could do one suitcase, and crammed my husbands stuff (that he had neatly packed in his suitcase) into my suitcase.  I decided to use our packing cubes, remove some extra stuff I didn’t really need, and now it looks beautiful 🙂. Tomorrow I may repack the carryon that i crammed things into… lol

Edited by vacationlover_mn
  • Like 8