Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

we are probably one of the rare ones that pack with all of the hanging clothes on their hangers.  It makes it so much easier and quicker to just pull things from the suitcase and hang it up.   Plus, there is never a wrinkle.  All this, and I can still keep the bags under the weight allowance for airlines when we fly.

Oooh , what a good idea. I may have to steal that one 🤔 

• Like 1

It seems our weather forecaster never wants to commit to a high temperature for the day, when it is obviously before their coffee. Today’s weather 

28482575-3B5B-4C63-AD6B-999C487444E9.thumb.jpeg.8ca180fbc300e2146e63f459719ae948.jpeg

It appears we have some more fun and games to look forward to starting tomorrow. 

71E3D7E4-931B-4F96-8A57-946528145E49.thumb.jpeg.d1df14a554dc0ad65b5d009172423947.jpeg

Meanwhile, rose yesterday to the upper 20’s, the sun was out, and it felt like a heat wave compared to the last couple weeks. We decided to do a winter hike through the snow at the lake. How different it looks from the last picture I took here. 

53CFC176-D356-4B37-93B0-7209BC1BE286.thumb.jpeg.80f9f72612599dc4fd7733d63e3a5b56.jpeg

• Like 14

6 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Rayna sure can carry a grudge. I hope she never gets another stew gig. In an on-line gossip site I read she said (allegedly) production wants Eddie to replace Cap Lee and she got a bad edit.

Was impressed with Rachel this time. She's still wacky but not quite as disgusting.

Next week is reunion. I think there's only 1. 

Is the next seasin on the week after that or will they stall until after the Olympics?

I can't stand Rayna. She is way over the top about the issue. The fact she won't let go says plenty about her.

I don't know about Eddie replacing Lee but it might be time for a change. He seems like such a grumpy old man who wouldn't be much fun to be around.

I agree about Rachel. She is a very competent chef and she kept her disgusting side under control, probably because she kept her drinking under control.

I was pretty impressed with Kaylee, the new third stew. She was drama free and I think she is very easy on the eyes.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Or he took out Sorrentos from the ship to eat on the way home.

Now THAT'S funny.

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

During a Cowboys home game, I could lie down on Preston Road and not get run over.    They hold pep rallies during High School, in the middle of the day.  Attendance is mandatory.  Football is a religion here.  George knows!

9 hours ago, George C said:

Texans are nuts about football, there are several high schools football stadiums that cost over 50 million in the Dallas area. 

I remember reading a story about a Texas town that had grown and needed to build a second high school.  Rather than have 2 high schools that each have freshmen thru senior grades, they instead had one that was for freshman/sophomore year, and one that was for junior/senior year.  Their reason?  They didn't want to split into 2 high school football teams and "dilute" their talent.  Yup...football is a religion in Texas.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I don’t know why I bother. Most of the time I don’t.

You keep dropping hints. Why does someone have to ask you?

Sorry but I have to say this: I do not understand the "annoyance" some of you guys have towards Lenny.

Why does anyone have to ask him? I say why not? It's absolutely OK.

Why does anyone have to bother? Then don't!

We have met Lenny personally and he is one the nicest people ever on CC! No airs, no pretending, no I am better than thou attitude. Yes, there may be moments, but everyone has those moments.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Now, let’s not generalize!😁

I am the one in charge of organizing and packing for all of our trips.  I have packing checklists for our trips, depending on where we are going and how long we are going to be gone.  No packing cubes for us, and we are probably one of the rare ones that pack with all of the hanging clothes on their hangers.  It makes it so much easier and quicker to just pull things from the suitcase and hang it up.   Plus, there is never a wrinkle.  All this, and I can still keep the bags under the weight allowance for airlines when we fly.

Will try your method next time. I always use cubes, but have to agree with no headaches of rolling and folding and packing, when using hangers. And I also use the jumbo zip locks. Especially after the suitcases took a swim in the Hudson on one cruise long ago.

Any chance you rent your packing services? LOL!😉😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

52°F and light rain this morning.

I hope everyone has a nice day today.

Graham.

Have a great day Graham. Nice now but rain this afternoon then snow. We should get 6-12." Nice to be retired now and not have to venture out on the roads. Cheers!

we are probably one of the rare ones that pack with all of the hanging clothes on their hangers.  It makes it so much easier and quicker to just pull things from the suitcase and hang it up.   

I feel so much better now knowing that I am not the only one doing this. I know it's a little unordinary. Yes It's so much easier to unpack and hang up your clothes. I also buy a roll of plastic dry cleaning bags and put one over each shirt. No wrinkles at all but I do feel guilty that I am bringing that much plastic.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Always use the plastic ones.  Just remember this. 

I am guilty of using the wire ones and not my plastic because they are much thinner. I have not had any problems but I could see where TSA would not like it.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I can't stand Rayna. She is way over the top about the issue. The fact she won't let go says plenty about her.

I don't know about Eddie replacing Lee but it might be time for a change. He seems like such a grumpy old man who wouldn't be much fun to be around.

I agree about Rachel. She is a very competent chef and she kept her disgusting side under control, probably because she kept her drinking under control.

I was pretty impressed with Kaylee, the new third stew. She was drama free and I think she is very easy on the eyes.

Rayna is a hypocrite. She gets bent out of shape for the "N" word but can talk sexual harassment. I have no respect for her. She is a whiner and is lazy.

I hope Captain Lee stays on and I think he will. I love is salty personality.

Rachel was the biggest surprise. Her cooking has reached new heights and she learned that being an obnoxious drunk will only hurt her future employment. I have really enjoyed her this season. She has grown in so many ways.

Kaylee is a sweetheart.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I am the one in charge of organizing and packing for all of our trips.  I have packing checklists for our trips, depending on where we are going and how long we are going to be gone.  No packing cubes for us, and we are probably one of the rare ones that pack with all of the hanging clothes on their hangers.  It makes it so much easier and quicker to just pull things from the suitcase and hang it up.   Plus, there is never a wrinkle.  All this, and I can still keep the bags under the weight allowance for airlines when we fly.

Sorry I generalized😥

I am impressed that you have checklists.  I have them too but not something I could see Eric doing.

Eric has packed on this method and would always tease me how quick he can unpack while I'm still unpacking and hanging stuff.  

It does work nice to pack while on hangars but I cannot fit as much and I am traditionally an over packer who is trying her best to stop over packing.  

I have packed my cubes then I sometimes lay ontop my cocktail dresses or dressy blouses while still on hangars and that works nice for me.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

I put two or three garments in each dry cleaning bag.   I lay them into the suitcase with the hangers on the floor of the suitcase and the rest hanging out. 
next group goes at right angles, next across from the first and next across from the third group. Then I fold in the excess one group at a time. 
I learned this method from  Delta thirty some odd years ago. 
Like yours, I pick them up by the hangers and they go into the closet and nary a wrinkle. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Rayna sure can carry a grudge. I hope she never gets another stew gig. In an on-line gossip site I read she said (allegedly) production wants Eddie to replace Cap Lee and she got a bad edit.

Was impressed with Rachel this time. She's still wacky but not quite as disgusting.

Next week is reunion. I think there's only 1. 

Is the next seasin on the week after that or will they stall until after the Olympics?

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

23 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Rayna is a hypocrite. She gets bent out of shape for the "N" word but can talk sexual harassment. I have no respect for her. She is a whiner and is lazy.

I hope Captain Lee stays on and I think he will. I love is salty personality.

Rachel was the biggest surprise. Her cooking has reached new heights and she learned that being an obnoxious drunk will only hurt her future employment. I have really enjoyed her this season. She has grown in so many ways.

Kaylee is a sweetheart.

I am not a Rayna fan either.  Heather shouldn't have said what she did but she apologized repeatedly, Rayna just wouldn't let it go.  I don't have an issue with Captain Lee and think he will be back.  I just think he is still having a tough time with the death of his son.  I like Eddie but he likes to play to the camera too much and not just do the job.  Rachel made the right choice to give up alcohol this season and seems to be trying to get her act together.  She is an amazing chef and could go far if she wanted to.

The reunion could be interesting.  I am wondering if Heather will actually be there as she was supposedly fired for comments she made after the taping ended.  Andy Cohen kind of hinted on WWHL about the reunion being a little crazy.  Should be interesting.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry I generalized😥

I am impressed that you have checklists.  I have them too but not something I could see Eric doing.

Eric has packed on this method and would always tease me how quick he can unpack while I'm still unpacking and hanging stuff.  

It does work nice to pack while on hangars but I cannot fit as much and I am traditionally an over packer who is trying her best to stop over packing.  

I have packed my cubes then I sometimes lay ontop my cocktail dresses or dressy blouses while still on hangars and that works nice for me.

I get it Debbie. Member of Overpackers Anonymous too! Have been trying to cut out😁

When I don't overpack, THAT'S the time I need that particular thing I did not pack!!!!

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I’ll say you need a cocktail. Glad everyone is ok. I’m interested in the story but time to relax now.

Welcome home. Glad you had a great cruise.

+1

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

52°F and light rain this morning.

I hope everyone has a nice day today.

Graham.

Good morning to you and Pauline, Graham!  Oh, wait...it's the afternoon for you right now!  Have a great day!!!

You are quite welcome to come and pack for me anytime, Mark!😉

Always use the plastic ones.  Just remember this. 

Our daughters favorite part of the movie.  They'll occasionally refer to this! LOL!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It seems our weather forecaster never wants to commit to a high temperature for the day, when it is obviously before their coffee. Today’s weather 

28482575-3B5B-4C63-AD6B-999C487444E9.thumb.jpeg.8ca180fbc300e2146e63f459719ae948.jpeg

It appears we have some more fun and games to look forward to starting tomorrow. 

71E3D7E4-931B-4F96-8A57-946528145E49.thumb.jpeg.d1df14a554dc0ad65b5d009172423947.jpeg

Meanwhile, rose yesterday to the upper 20’s, the sun was out, and it felt like a heat wave compared to the last couple weeks. We decided to do a winter hike through the snow at the lake. How different it looks from the last picture I took here. 

53CFC176-D356-4B37-93B0-7209BC1BE286.thumb.jpeg.80f9f72612599dc4fd7733d63e3a5b56.jpeg

We are getting the storm starting Wednesday night we are paranoid about ice storm after the one last February that caused many to lose power for several days.

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Yum, you have the best 🍕 

where is the wine ? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Sorry but I have to say this: I do not understand the "annoyance" some of you guys have towards Lenny.

Why does anyone have to ask him? I say why not? It's absolutely OK.

Why does anyone have to bother? Then don't!

We have met Lenny personally and he is one the nicest people ever on CC! No airs, no pretending, no I am better than thou attitude. Yes, there may be moments, but everyone has those moments.

We all have our little annoying habits . It is best to move on . 

I’m not reporting on the weather in San Diego because our winters hover around 70° and on the bad days it is in the 60°s.   We get 10” of rain during our winters if we do get that.  It can get boring with the ever present blue skies and no humidity.

Then there’s the Pacific to the west , desert to the east , skiing in the mountains in the winter a couple of hours drive away and Los Angeles to the north . 

Enjoy your snow ! 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 6

I was scheduled to get my colonoscopy end of this week but they just called to cancel.  They are having staffing issues due to covid and decided to close for rest of the week.  

I asked for next available date and couldnt believe she said march 21st..   we are back on anthem for b2b so now I'm scheduled for april 11th.  

I really wanted to get it over with but it is what it is!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Will try your method next time. I always use cubes, but have to agree with no headaches of rolling and folding and packing, when using hangers. And I also use the jumbo zip locks. Especially after the suitcases took a swim in the Hudson on one cruise long ago.

Any chance you rent your packing services? LOL!😉😁

I use ziplock bags for all the bathroom liquids.  That is after securing all the lids with either painter’s tape or taking the lids off and putting cling wrap over the top and putting the lids back on.  Then all of it goes in a separate bag inside the suitcase.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I feel so much better now knowing that I am not the only one doing this. I know it's a little unordinary. Yes It's so much easier to unpack and hang up your clothes. I also buy a roll of plastic dry cleaning bags and put one over each shirt. No wrinkles at all but I do feel guilty that I am bringing that much plastic.

I am guilty of using the wire ones and not my plastic because they are much thinner. I have not had any problems but I could see where TSA would not like it.

I use the plastic dry cleaning bags over everything, except my tux.  It has its own storage bag.  Everything gets hung up in the bags.

I would be afraid a wire hanger would accidentally snag something.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry I generalized😥

It is surprising how those checklists have made us more efficient packers.  We don’t take nearly as much as when we started cruising.  If we are gone for long cruises, I even preplan what I will wear each day.  Maybe that is OCD.

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I put two or three garments in each dry cleaning bag.   I lay them into the suitcase with the hangers on the floor of the suitcase and the rest hanging out. 
next group goes at right angles, next across from the first and next across from the third group. Then I fold in the excess one group at a time. 
I learned this method from  Delta thirty some odd years ago. 
Like yours, I pick them up by the hangers and they go into the closet and nary a wrinkle. 

OMG, great minds think alike.  That is exactly how I do mine.  I do put some swim suits, and other loose items in the center before folding the excess back in.  

• Like 3

We like using packing cubes but I am a firm believer in overpacking and consider it part of the cost of cruising.  If I have to pay for luggage on a flight, I will, but we usually fly first class on longer flights, so we get two 70 pound bags each if we wanted.  We also drive to port a lot in Boston or Bayonne, so that lets us bring what we want too. We do have a long packing list that is more of a checklist so we don't forget anything.  It works for us.

• Like 5