Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Checked my C&A account today. Points for last weeks cruise have been posted. The double point promit6ion is pretty sweet. I'm not sure why I really care though. My chances of getting to Pinnacle are next to non-existent.

Welcome to my world.  Unless you are fully committed or live in Florida, pretty hard to get there.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Can't do without some drama and palpitations... I was worried about passing the PCR test tomorrow, but now another, bigger worry, just "landed".

The Dubai authorities don't like the security measures taken in all the Israeli airplanes, and decided to stop the flights between Israel and Dubai on Tuesday, one day before our flight...

I'm too old for this.

That is insane, Israeli flights are the most screened flights that happen.  Sigh….

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Remember when doing the Antigen test it can not be an over the counter that you do on your own.  When taken it needs to be observed. 

Thank you, John.  Our TA will be scheduling our tests at Walgreens for us.😊

• Like 1

7 hours ago, davekathy said:

Lenny, I had no idea there was one or two on this thread that judge you. Screw them. We all at times ramble on about nothing or other things that may not interest the entire community. Those people need to move on. Ignore their comments but speaking only for myself, I wouldn't put them on ignore. I want to know what everyone is saying especially about me and their  rude comments. Just remember the reason why Dani started this thread. ✌️☮️

You are right Dave,.I am removing her from my ignore list.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Wow, I’ve missed a lot in a day or so.  Will try to touch base with everything here but not do I have a story to share myself!

@Sea Dog sorry you’re in so much pain without your anti inflammatory meds!  Hang in there - the finish line is in sight and it’ll be worth it. 
@reallyitsmemasorry to hear of the water/driveway issues after you waited so long to get it done. 
@dani negreanui truly hope last minute issues don’t ruin your trip!

@lenquixote66stay here with us Lenny.  Everyone has something to contribute on this thread and we’re not all going to agree all the time, but that’s okay in my book.  
We watched the first episode of Reacher last night.  Definitely an improvement over Tom Cruise in the lead time but IMO this actor is too young and too pretty.  If I could choose someone to play Jack Reacher it would be Liev Schreiber of Ray Donovan fame.  Big, menacing and no nonsense.   
So our plan was to check out of the Ft Lauderdale air bnb today & move to Margaritaville Resort on Hollywood Beach.  Around 3:45 am this morning I was awakened my loud arguing in the unit below us.  We were in what I’d call the guest house on a property in a very nice area.  The arguing quickly escalated to screaming, glass breaking and I’m pretty sure furniture was being tossed around.  The building was shaking.  This went on for about 30 minutes before one of them left and drove away.  Thank God we had packed most of our stuff last night. We quickly dressed, cleaned up as expected (used linens in hamper, trash emptied, etc) and got the hell out of there around 4:30 am.  We just drove around, down to a deserted Miami Beach.  Thought we might catch sunrise somewhere but we were too rattled to park & walk to a beach.  We finally found an open Starbucks, got coffee and sat in a marina parking lot.  At 8 am we pulled into Margaritaville figuring we could at least park and maybe sit by the pool.  At check in, I apologized for us being so early and gave a brief explanation.  The wonderful young woman immediately upgraded us to an ocean view suite (from our king balcony) and the room was ready right away.  Just amazing service and so appreciated.  This is our home for the next 4 nights and I ain’t complaining!

F1231729-C157-42C7-902E-E36ADFE20132.jpeg

65EB0939-E0F6-4A6B-A308-FE8B8C8CC33F.jpeg

I watched seasons one and two of Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan.I started yesterday,finished today and will start Reacher tomorrow.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Momof3gurlzDeb that airB&B sounds dreadful but your new digs look fabulous and what a view!!  Enjoy every moment.

One time Jack, myself and our daughter, approx. 6 at the time were in Vegas.  Business for Jack, fun for me and our daughter.  We checked into our hotel and gave our daughter the hotel key card.  She always loved opening the door BUT nobody expected to see what was going on in that bedroom.  I'll try and put this as delicately as possible.  The minute the door opened and our daughter rushed in, the first thing she saw was a man on top of a woman,  in action, luckily under the sheet.  We all froze but none more than the couple in that bed.

We rushed downstairs OMGing all the way. Hotel comped our entire week stay!

@lenquixote66Lenny, I stand with all the posts supporting you.

I have no idea what happened but you are the quintessential NY guy and I enjoy your posts.

I'm glad that tolerance and compassion are used in here by almost everyone.

@Sunshine3601I am so sorry this is going on with your MIL.   I would definitely talk to the neighbors.

@Ozark_KidIt was a Dell Inspiron touchscreen but as I posted, we returned it. It was on sale from $499 to $399.  I don't need one with all the bells and whistles.  

Thank you,Bonnie

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I'm jumping in on Greg's Post here;

Debbie, I have no words.  As Greg says, hang in there.

Dani, I surely hope your trip works out for you!

I also apparently missed something here also.  Lenny, we love you and your many posts!

Maryann

Thanks,Maryann

• Like 2

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@dani negreanu Ugh! I hope your trip happens

@Lenquixote - Your posts are always interesting 

@Momof3gurlz nice resolution to your issues & love the view 

@reallyitsmema hope you get a resolution to your issues

@Sea Dog All the best for your knee op on Tuesday 

Thank you

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Catching up again !

@Sunshine3601Iagree with other posters’ advice about your MIL’s neighbor.

I would speak with him/her as to her situation and ability to understand ramifications of suggestions,even though they may be well intentioned.

@Momof3gurlz You got a very good resolution of your accommodation issue. Enjoy the beautiful ocean and view at the hotel. Sitting on that balcony must feel that you have started your cruise- well,almost !

Dani- Hoping your travel plans get fixed so you can enjoy your get -away. You deserve a vacation ! We all deserve a vacation, come to think of it.

Lenny- Please return to posting. 

MJ🙋🏻

I am,MJ

• Like 3

8 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I have not been on this thread for a bit, so as seems as though I missed something that has/was cleaned up.

Lenny, the ignore button works great when needed. Don’t be afraid to use it. 

I'm with you Andrew, guess I haven't been keeping up what is going on with this thread lately.

But keep posting @lenquixote66 Always enjoy reading your posts. You are our NY connection. 🙂

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I'm with you Andrew, guess I haven't been keeping up what is going on with this thread lately.

But keep posting @lenquixote66 Always enjoy reading your posts. You are our NY connection. 🙂

Think it all happened in the wee hours yesterday (USA time). Several posts had been removed a couple of hours later 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 3