Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

One year during a teachers rotating strikes in our province and they had to hire out for the report card data to be manually entered, as the teachers did not do it. It was part of their strike action.  

When Owen got his report all marks were right where they were expected to be, except for gym. It was in the 60s. From the comments entered we knew that someone else’s mark had been submitted on Owen’s report card. 

My kid was able to get credit for gym class (physical education / PE) in high school because of his hockey team.  The team wasn't school-affiliated, but his coach was able to sign a form that he participated in X number of hours of physical activity per week times Y number of weeks.  He was able to take wood shop as an elective instead.  I was jealous -- high school gym classes are torture!

Edited by brillohead
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sounds like a busy but great trip!

Darn I get on Anthem for a b2b on Anthem on 3.20 and get off on 4.03

I'll try to keep ship in good shape for you but i cannot promise.  We are bringing our Son and his fiance for their first cruise and celebrating Eric's BD on 3.31. 

We always sail on his birthday week and this is the first BD on a ship since 3.31.19  so we have 2020, 2021 and 2022 BD to celebrate.  He will be old by end of the sailing.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY😍

Happy anniversary from me also.  Great job Owen.

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

It wasn't even just a fatal attack. He was eaten in front of a fisherman! 15-foot shark, they don't even get that big here. And Little Bay looks like such a peaceful little cove. :classic_ohmy:

OMG, that's horrible!   I would probably never get in the water again if I witnessed that happening.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

My kid was able to get credit for gym class (physical education / PE) in high school because of his hockey team.  The team wasn't school-affiliated, but his coach was able to sign a form that he participated in X number of hours of physical activity per week times Y number of weeks.  He was able to take wood shop as an elective instead.  I was jealous -- high school gym classes are torture!

Gym for my kids was similar.  They did not offer gym class during the school year.  They offered it in the first half and the second half of the summer.  You went M-F, every day, for a few weeks and started with basically walking/running.  They added in a few organized sports later.  I never really understood but I think the logic was that they could save on gym teacher costs and free up classroom time during the school year for academics. 

My daughter was (eventually) able to opt out because of her competitive team dance.  It took some convincing since it was not a school organized sport, but she easily exceeded the x hours per week for y weeks criteria (3-4 nights per week, 2-3 hours per night, for 9 months). I had to get snippy with the administrator who was denying her credit because it wasn't school sponsored and was not what he considered to be a sport (even though it was a team doing coordinated physical activities in sanctioned competitions per their rules).  I sent a video of her team performing a really physically difficult pom routine and challenged him to say that her dancing was less of a sport than some of the school sports that were being automatically exempted.  There may have been a small threat involved about exposing the school for rubber stamping the whole gym credit thing. What do you call a male Karen? 😇

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Our school district here in Ohio offers an "opt out " for gym.

If you participate in a "club" sport  ie. soccer, volleyball, basketball, baseball....you can submit your hours and you are excluded from gym in HS.

It is entered as a PASS.

Was easy to do, and besides our princess did not want to get her hair ruffled in HS, need to stay pretty.

Stay safe.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Thankfully never watched Jaws until I was an adult.

I made the mistake of reading Jaws when it was published in 1974.  I was at the beach at the time.  Sea Island on the Georgia coast.  The water there is brownish and not clear.  Mr. Benchley ruined swimming in the ocean for me.

That being said Mr. Spielberg made a great movie out of the book.  Originally he had a mechanical shark that was to be used much more than it was in the finished movie.  The shark kept malfunctioning so instead the scary factor was emphasized by music.  Wound up accidentally much more powerful of course because nothing is more terrifying than something in the depths you can’t see.

• Like 8

18 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Sorry for all I’ve missed, birthdays, travels, recovering, etc. but I have tried to read along. 

We are wrapping up our time in FL.  Tonight’s our last night in Disney, celebrating our anniversary a few days early with dinner at Narcoosee’s at the Grand Floridian.  It’s been crazy busy in the parks, we didn’t realize this is “cheer week”.  Tomorrow we head to Hilton Head for a night at the Disney resort there - only because we had points we had to use or lose before 3/31.  Then to PA for a quick visit with oldest DD & her family, then finally home late Saturday night.  I will be glad to sleep in my own bed!  I’ll probably post a couple of pictures tomorrow while we’re driving & I’m bored.  
The best thing I have to share is that we booked Anthem for April 3rd out of Bayonne.  Only stops at Port Canaveral, Nassau & CC, but we’re very excited to be back on a ship for the 1st time since June 2019!  

Happy Anniversary.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211124_174046.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

A quick school update for Owen. Semester 1 of grade has been completed and his marks are back.

Music - 88

French - 75

Math - 86

Science - 82

This semester he has Drama, Geography, Gym, and English. 

Ahhh, a scholar and an athlete.  Does he have a favorite subject (non sports related)?

44 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Waiting in the MRI suite for Charlie.  Bloodwork has been off so Doctor wants MRI of liver again.  So, another round of waiting for results 🤞🙏

35 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Uggh, I hope all goes well with his tests.  Waiting is the worst.  Hang in there💕

+ 2   + 🙏 🤞

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sounds like a busy but great trip!

Darn I get on Anthem for a b2b on Anthem on 3.20 and get off on 4.03

I'll try to keep ship in good shape for you but i cannot promise.  We are bringing our Son and his fiance for their first cruise and celebrating Eric's BD on 3.31. 

We always sail on his birthday week and this is the first BD on a ship since 3.31.19  so we have 2020, 2021 and 2022 BD to celebrate.  He will be old by end of the sailing.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY😍

C’mon Debbie, that’s just bad math, LOL.  If you have 2020, 2021 and 2022 birthdays to celebrate you need to add one more week - 4/3!  
At the very least, please don’t drink all the mojitos!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We usually do the same, except for the Wonder I want to get on asap. 

+1

Glad you are having a good time. It’s odd not seeing any boats at those houses.

The water is a very pale blue, my guess (no knowledge) is it is too shallow for boats.  Looks like it is more for looks that a waterway.  

• Like 2

Sharing a few photos from our trip. I apologize for the separate posts but cc isn’t letting me upload & comment on more than one photo in a post. 

First up is our balcony view from Margaritaville Resort.  This is what sealed the deal that we needed to be on a cruise; sitting on a balcony listening to the ocean. 

FF4A0E5C-10D7-455C-AAD9-7BD8FF2746BB.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

C’mon Debbie, that’s just bad math, LOL.  If you have 2020, 2021 and 2022 birthdays to celebrate you need to add one more week - 4/3!  
At the very least, please don’t drink all the mojitos!

I would love to add a 3rd week.  We are hoping that our work VPN will work this time.  Who knows if it works maybe we will add another week we still have one more FCC to use.  😍

I should email Royal and ask them to double their order of mint leaves😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I will never understand fully what a cousin once removed means.  

To add to the cousin confusion…let me throw in “cousin and a half.”  This is when a man has children with one wife and upon her death marries and has children with his first wife’s sister.  Thus the children from the two marriages are first cousins and half siblings.  (In the South marrying into the same family twice is because no one wants to have to break in another set of in-laws…)

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

45 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

That being said Mr. Spielberg made a great movie out of the book.  Originally he had a mechanical shark that was to be used much more than it was in the finished movie.  The shark kept malfunctioning so instead the scary factor was emphasized by music.  Wound up accidentally much more powerful of course because nothing is more terrifying than something in the depths you can’t see.

I still think the skull coming out of the boat is one of the scariest moments I've ever had in a movie.  I jumped watching it again on YouTube just now.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Glad you are having a good time. It’s odd not seeing any boats at those houses.

53 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

The water is a very pale blue, my guess (no knowledge) is it is too shallow for boats.  Looks like it is more for looks that a waterway.  

What JC just said 😁

• Like 3