Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

My youngest DD went to Virginia Tech for one semester before transferring to URI and my oldest DD graduated from Roanoke College, so lots of drives up & down I-81.  It’s a beautiful area. 

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

The drive on 81 is so pretty with mountains to the left and right of the highway. Pretty soon those pink bud trees will be out in bloom. You see them in the areas between North and Southbound median strips between the highways between Christiansburg and Roanoke. Really beautiful.

It that area still considered part of the Shenandoah Valley?  Not excatly sure where it begins & ends but I drove I-81 thru there back in December and even in the winter, it was gorgeous.  Might be driving thru again in the next couple of weeks, late March or early April, hopefully everything will still be in it's Spring Bloom finery.

Back when I was just a kid, we did several family road trips to visit friends in Tennessee & North Carolina.  But rather than take the interstate, dad would insist on taking the  "scenic route", aka SkyLine Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway, and would spend a few days meandering our way south, taking in the sights along the way.

I always said I would do that drive as an adult but never have gotten around to it. I think cruising got in the way.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, sgmn said:

My first car was a triumph herald soft top. I thought I was the bees knees driving it with the top down. Unfortunately it had such big gaps in the top it use to let in the rain and the snow. But I loved that car 

I did not remember that car.  Looked it up and I don’t think I have ever seen one. Looks like they had a back seat.  My friend rebuilt a couple Triumph TR4 or TR4A.  They were fun to ride around in.  

He is doing better.  Strawberry shortcake was always her favorite.  It was my pleasure baking it for 

her, she has been so helpful this week.  I enjoy it also, but always afraid to order it out because of my tree nut allergy.  You never know when the baker wants to add almond extract🤪

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Jimbo said:

March Madness soon 🙂 

Hoping Virginia Tech gets in, the school is about 1/2 hour up the road in Blacksberg, Va.  They are really playing well lately and think they might do well if they get in.

The wife of one of my nephews graduated Virginia Tech.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

It that area still considered part of the Shenandoah Valley?  Not excatly sure where it begins & ends but I drove I-81 thru there back in December and even in the winter, it was gorgeous.  Might be driving thru again in the next couple of weeks, late March or early April, hopefully everything will still be in it's Spring Bloom finery.

Back when I was just a kid, we did several family road trips to visit friends in Tennessee & North Carolina.  But rather than take the interstate, dad would insist on taking the  "scenic route", aka SkyLine Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway, and would spend a few days meandering our way south, taking in the sights along the way.

I always said I would do that drive as an adult but never have gotten around to it. I think cruising got in the way.

Shenandoah Valley is at the top of Virginia, we are nearer to the Blue Ridge Mountains further south on I-81

https://www.virginia.org/places-to-visit/regions/shenandoah-valley/

Map Graphic - Shenandoah Valley

Also1 hour southwest of us down I-81 is Bristol, Va/ Bristol TN. That also is a neat area where ,right down in the middle of the town the 2 states meet.

One hour north of us is West Virginia and 1 hour south of us is North Carolina. West Virginia is beautiful too, their high mountains help block a lot of our heavy snow storms we would get otherwise. Storms go over the mountains and peter out or get deflected around us.

We are in what they call the New River Valley area. Just 15 minutes from us in 

Dublin, Virginia

The 1.6-million-square-foot New River Valley assembly plant, located on nearly 300 acres in Dublin, Virginia, is the largest Volvo truck manufacturing facility in the World.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Coralc said:

I didn't see it, but I thought Sam Elliot's comments were "interesting". He didn't like it, obviously. :classic_dry:

A friend of mine who is a Movie Director mainly of Independent films also did not like it .He is a friend of Sam Elliott and Katherine Ross and forwarded to me an e-mail from Elliott.I was not aware of his political persuasion until reading the e-mail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I didn’t realize you were that close.  We’ve spent a fair amount of time around there over the years. My youngest DD went to Virginia Tech for one semester before transferring to URI and my oldest DD graduated from Roanoke College, so lots of drives up & down I-81.  It’s a beautiful area. 

One of my son in laws graduated UVA and a great Niece is a student currently at Shenandoah University.

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Fresh whipped cream on my daughter’s strawberry shortcake birthday cake.  Now I need a nap, Charlie has me hopping!!!!923B1EF0-678C-4CA2-8FF8-E6998702BB6F.thumb.jpeg.8c084af674660ba21e2be676e98186c5.jpeg

Happy Birthday to your Daughter.     The strawberry shortcake looks delicious.    That is one of my favorites😍

I guess Charlie is feeling better if he is driving you Nuts😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Shenandoah Valley is at the top of Virginia, we are nearer to the Blue Ridge Mountains further south on I-81

Also1 hour southwest of us down I-81 is Bristol, Va/ Bristol TN. That also is a neat area where ,right down in the middle of the town the 2 states meet.

One hour north of us is West Virginia and 1 hour south of us is North Carolina. West Virginia is beautiful too, their high mountains help block a lot of our heavy snow storms we would get otherwise. Storms go over the mountains and peter out or get deflected around us.

Dublin, Virginia

The 1.6-million-square-foot New River Valley assembly plant, located on nearly 300 acres in Dublin, Virginia, is the largest Volvo truck manufacturing facility in the World.

Beautiful area.    Looks like we will have a nice scenic drive down to bring you scrapple and hang out in the hot tub with some margaritas😘

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

One hour north of us is West Virginia and 1 hour south of us is North Carolina. West Virginia is beautiful too

Welp, middle DD graduated from West Virginia University, so now you’ve covered them all 🤣

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I never looked too closely. 
i don’t think I’d have been able to eat…maybe for a few days. 

Typically the mouthparts, gills/lungs and abdominal area are removed prior to cooking soft shell crabs.   They usually molt after a full moon, when there is no moon in the sky.   

Eric and I prefer the steamed MD style hard shell crab vs soft shell but I know lots of people that love soft shell crab in pasta or fried for a sandwich.    

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Dublin, Virginia

That whole area is absolutely gorgeous. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, singinalot said:

We’ll, it’s been an exhausting whirlwind weekend, but my sister is married and I made it to the ACMs. I’ll do some report posts a bit later, but here are some wedding56AA946B-9DD8-4995-A773-89EF795FCFE7.thumb.jpeg.927ace9e21d8678a33d24786aa429df3.jpeg

photos while I’m waiting in the Vegas airport

12009F17-9ED2-47F5-9E79-347BEC0BA161.thumb.jpeg.d31d9b86126a19cf521efb80fe004542.jpeg

my Florida aunt & uncle, cousins and their spouses, and Nate & I

2EB5925D-29D3-4945-9079-F03810D00663.thumb.jpeg.2790f24de0f4b99a8f8a9ae2ccae2e84.jpeg

Immediate family

E0311B2D-6F77-445A-968C-77B12C680305.thumb.jpeg.b5f28cd370dc521e6a58275c6257accb.jpeg

IMG_2831.MOV

Everyone looks very happy and very pretty.  Looks like great weather too!  

I hope everything went smooth with all your planning😍

• Like 1

I usually have 4-5 pages to catch up on, by the time I get to this thread, but man it is slow lately.

Could it be everyone is following one of the many Live threads?

Any way, the weather report on the news said to be ready for snow tomorrow.  We could get anywhere from a dusting, to snow plow conditions.  Gotta love them.

Stay safe.

PS

Singinalot You look fabulous and what great pictures.

Thanks for sharing these, and waiting for more.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Sure is, New River Gorge National Park & Preserve in West Virginia is only 1 1/2 hours away.

We did the Gauley river rafting during the release season back in 2014.  it was the most intense white water rafting we have ever done.  So many class V rapids.  Wow.  We ate both nights at the best restaurant in the town, we stayed in.  Applebees.  

😉

jc

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Could it be everyone is following one of the many Live threads?

I'm following 4 of the Live threads and have trouble keeping up. 

Plus, some of our "power posters" are on cruises now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

We did the Gauley river rafting during the release season back in 2014.  it was the most intense white water rafting we have ever done.  So many class V rapids.  Wow.  We ate both nights at the best restaurant in the town, we stayed in.  Applebees.  

😉

jc

Did you have a car?  Shame on you for limiting yourself to Applebees...........